View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 21, 2008

hunter is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up PMS-exam

Salam

Well tahira dont be so worried, otherwise you can do nothing. just relax and offer your prayers 5 times a day, you have enough time to prepare as you are free and n home. i m on job and hardly find 4 hours to study in a day, and because m living a bachelor life as well in karachi. but i have firm belief that GOD will help me in passing this exam. so simply relax and enjoy the preparation.

My optionals are

Subjects--------------------------------------------

Economics ----as i have masters in ecnomics so i use the same books,
Statistics-----sher mohammad chaudhry
International relations------parkash chandar
Sociology---------Iqbal chaudhry, Horton and Hunt
Journalism. -----Mass communication by imtiaz shahid very good book, will try to buy, Journalism for all by Prof. mehdi Hassan
All these subjects are my favourite.

English-----exploring the world of English by syed sadaqat ali shah a good book.
Current affairs-----newspaper dawn and news
Pakistan affairs----------Pakistan studies by ikram rabbani, struggle for pakistan by I.H. Qureshi
Every day science --------every day science by Imtiaz shahid(i think dont remember exactly), A1 publishers
Islamite---------Islami Nazria Khayt by Khursheed Ahmed, also friday features in dawn newspaper

So far essay is concerned it is also pinching me as i am very week in writing and more correctly objective writing. what you can do is simply start writing, buy some rough papers or note books and try to write whatever you study of any subject, i.e. study the topic and then write in your own words whatever you read, this will consume your time but will help you a lot in developing your writing power and memorizing things. next for essay you choose any topic of your own choice, no matter what it my be, it may be "my first day in college" as well, and start writing about it. slowly you will find more concrete topics in your mind and b able to write on it. dont think that you cant write 4000-5000 words essay, all it is simply your knowling, what you think, observe etc etc. so dont be worried my prayers are with you and all others, and hope they will also remember me in their prayers. one thing buy CSS/PCS guide by doggars they will also help you, in answering to questions.

Feel free to ask for help

Regards
ashfaq