View Single Post
Old Monday, April 25, 2016
44th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 162

Mashaaal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTen View Post
AoA everyone.
My name is Saad, I am hoping to appear in CSS 2017. While going through the list of optional subjects opted for by toppers posted in this forum, I noticed that only two have opted for more common and conventional science subjects like maths(applied or pure), physics or chemistry(none!)

I wanted to ask what you might think the reason for this is. Maybe they have different background(arts or political science, law etc), maybe these subjects have larger syllabus as compared to their potential for scoring, maybe some other factor.

This concerns me because as an Electrical Engineer from NUST(to graduate in June) I was thinking of choosing Maths(either), Physics and Islamic History & Culture.

Thank you, I am looking forward to your replies.
most of the candidates select their optionals according to the "scoring trend" of that very subject in css.
if you are good at sciences and you think that you can give your best in it, then go for it. if you will be working hard in a subject, you will be getting higher marks accordingly.
best of luck.