View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mysterious_Norton is on a distinguished road

^ Wa-alaikum-as-salam,
By healthy activities, I meant organization of various events, in this way the Students Council will have what you term as "power" atleast over something and also having powers of taking disciplinary action, which will establish the dual objective of maintenance of discipline within the campus and the craving for power. By maintenance of discipline I mean settling disputes at their (students') own level and small matters like submitting legitimate demands of the students e.g: maintenance of computer labs and libraries, finding problem understanding the teacher by suggesting a change etc, as well as reporting drug abuse and stopping the illegal political groups from functioning. And also empower the students, not much but adequately; let them have a say on matters which directly influence them by appointing one studet representative in the BOG meetings.
But yet again I'll have to agree upon the fact that you are quite right in saying that we are helpless at the hands of our Government and the whole system is in a desperate need of a substantial change otherwise the same story will repeat again and again; Govt. oppresses, people get oppressed, when election arrives the party asks for votes, people give them votes, the party wins the election and again the Govt. oppresses. If only the government provided job guarantee to the higher officials of the educational institutions so that can start the campaign of, as I mentioned in my last post, expulsion of students in these political organizations. Well, we'll always be stuck onto to our ifs and the government on its fake assurances for restructuring the system.
And one more thing: I'm a girl.

Last edited by Mysterious_Norton; Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 01:06 AM.