View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 19, 2008
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

S.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really nice
Lightbulb

Guidance / Misguidance

The very word guidance/ misguidance reminds me of the preface to George Bernard Shaw’s Doctors dilemma published separately as "Are Doctors Men of Science"? In one of many extraordinarily elaborated paragraphs Bernard Shaw explains what happens to a heart patient when she consults and trusts a Quack for the diagnosis of the malady and remedy or cure of the same... you know what can happen to her, I believe. We have a toothache and we can consult, without hesitation, our partner in the gym…. Is it a good state of mind? An ideal one? Are not you putting your time and health at risk? Are not you putting yourself at risk?

A depressed and a confused CSS aspirant also reminds me of a man who is accidentally chased by a mad dog; and the man - being at his wits ends - does not know what to do and what not. He runs everywhere to save his life. he is striving for his life. Good. But do you approve his effort? What if he would have controlled his nerves for a while to find a better solution instead of running? Would it have worked…? I believe it would have. They say, “When you are out in the field, control your nerves; if you have control over your nerves, you would have control on the field.” I agree to great extent.

A CSS aspirant Mr. /Ms A is unable to decide whether he/she should take International Relations as an optional subject or not. In confusion - and in his purely naive and sincere - though not wise-effort he approaches a CSP who himself had not opted for International Relations as a CSS aspirant or a famous English Language professor who has earned a name in teaching CSS students. They approve or disapprove according to their information - which is most of the time based upon either of their aurora, whims, reports of some students and certainly their own liking or disliking; and in some instances whether they can teach you that subject and make some money - I mean no offence, you can happily disagree but with the last proposition only! Do you think the person has done you great favor?

Is he our benefactor?

A friend or an enemy?

Whatever he is, he is not your benefactor, consciously or unconsciously. You have not tread a path, how can you lead others. No, you can’t. I object.

Is Mr. /Ms A is not akin to the heart-patient who had consulted a Quack who diagnosed it constipation and then NA RAHA MAREEZ AUR NA RAHA MARZ….

THE POINT is, it is of utmost importance to approach the right person for guidance; the person who has tread the path himself, has experienced himself…I believe he is the right man to get guidance from.

Now there are - I would prefer to be pragmatic, rational and straightforward instead of becoming an emotional idiot, No offence to vulnerable sensitive souls please. - reasons for humans misguiding there fellows. Some do that unconsciously, without any grudge or prejudice, out of their sincerity and wish to be of any help somehow. But remember: a wise enemy is better than a foolish friend…recall the Man and bear story.

There would be so called KIND and GENEROUS FRIENDS who would want to help you out - it is painful but true that we are misguided by the people who take us as their competitors and they think they would have to fight one less soldier if they somehow can detract or demoralize you - you are flabbergasted! But yes, it’s true. This is what they call counter-intelligence, feeding the wrong information intentionally, in strategic terms. We are humans and it becomes almost impossible for us at times to rise above our petty prejudices for the welfare of humanity. Do not disgust; that is what we are and there are good people too. Do not make yourself an easy prey. Do not go to the Chaudhry of your village or the neighbour next door, the famous English professor or the famous academy owner, i.e., QUACKS, not in their particular fields but in the one you are trying to seek guidance for.

In nutshell, if you diagnose the right malady, you can cure it efficiently and if you take heart trouble for constipation, you have lost your war before it begun. Recognize your benefactors; the experts in their field.

You are the most valuable asset of our family and the unique self created by God and you can’t destroy yourself like anything.

No body knows you better than yourself and if you don’t, just meditate, look within. You would get familiar with the man you are.

Tell your guide all about your aptitude and previous academic record....

Don’t ever panic, control your nerves and step forward with confidence…what is CSS? This world is one step away from you; one step of wisdom and rationality.

May God bless you.

Rabbir hamhuma kama rabba yani sagheera. Ameen.

Regards.

Last edited by Last Island; Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 06:28 AM.
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to S.H.Virk For This Useful Post:
Aarwaa (Saturday, July 19, 2008), abdur rayman (Sunday, October 01, 2017), Almaas Ruby (Sunday, July 20, 2008), AMIN AHSAN (Tuesday, February 03, 2009), Artemis (Saturday, September 19, 2009), Ayan Khan (Tuesday, August 26, 2008), Azwar Zulfiqar (Wednesday, December 05, 2018), Eager (Sunday, December 05, 2010), falconer85 (Sunday, December 13, 2009), Hurriah (Monday, July 21, 2008), Hyder (Wednesday, September 24, 2008), irum (Friday, July 25, 2008), Khaki (Monday, May 02, 2016), Last Island (Saturday, July 19, 2008), M.Kashif Khoso (Thursday, July 23, 2009), marwatone (Monday, July 21, 2008), mohsinmumtaz (Monday, July 21, 2008), Viceroy (Monday, February 16, 2009), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, July 19, 2008), Muhammadrafique (Saturday, January 26, 2019), Muskan Ghuman (Saturday, July 19, 2008), Naqash Fatima (Thursday, February 21, 2013), neversaynever (Wednesday, April 08, 2015), Nosheen Bukhari (Saturday, December 17, 2011), PHARM (Sunday, July 20, 2008), Qacc (Wednesday, March 06, 2013), Raheel Mughal (Wednesday, December 12, 2018), saadat110 (Saturday, July 26, 2008), saba usman (Wednesday, November 09, 2016), Sabah Asghar (Wednesday, July 30, 2008), Shooting Star (Saturday, May 29, 2010), Surmount (Sunday, July 20, 2008), Usman Naseer (Sunday, July 20, 2008), Zahid Ujjan (Wednesday, July 10, 2013), Zirwaan Khan (Monday, July 21, 2008)