View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 19, 2008

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaas Ruby

now can u tell me how do u deal with the heavy words used in dawn???do u write them down and use them again and again for ur vocabulary increaments????
Yes Dear, it is a very good practice for increasing one's vocabulary by taking some words from a Paper, consulting in a dictionary and latter one using 'em in daily life. But I would suggest you to learn the words first by contextual meanings then consult 'em in dictionary, which is better one in my opinion.

Quote:
and how to go through the business pages...i mean dont they have specific words for business???and can a business layman understand such terms???
Business pages don't use 'code-words' but the terms are related to business. These terms can be understood by the passage of time, with regular reading of Newspapers. These terms are not as much difficult as look, some times short abbreviations of company names make one confused.

Quote:
is it enough to just go through the news paper and get the idea of whats happening in the country and internationally???or one should note down and memorise each and every word one comes across while reading it??
Dear I told you already that it depends on one's own intellectuality to memorize. If one thinks that one is feeling boor while just reading the news, one should start such activity which would keep one's mind busy. Writing the main and useful points on a paper is a good and knowledge-gaining activity.

Quote:
and which other papers do u recomment for reading???/
There is no any specific news paper which can be regarded as The Best but DAWN is a better in my own opinion, but as one should not rely on just one Newspaper, one can read the other Newspapers like The News (English) The Nation (English) Jung (Urdu), Nawa-e-Waqt (Urdu), Express (Urdu) etc. Every university/college use to have almost 4 of mentioned above. Go through the process of Reading told by Last Island, which is attractive to me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m not a superman

bt m confuzd bc i changd alot of times my newspapers.as sm1 suggest THE NEWS and most often people suggest DAWN

reality z tat m doing MY POSTGRADUATE and 4tat THE NEWS z suggestd...
ab aalim tou huun ny k do do akhbaar prhnay ki himat karun

so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz guide me out 4 tat.
wt2 do....
Brother, there is a well known proverb Nothing is perfect. There is always a room for improvement so why one should rely on just one newspaper? I am not saying that you were misguided but you know, every Newspaper has a different way/source of collecting the information which would be surly different from the others. May be, one company would not able to get a news which the other one would be having. Jubb Zada se zada knowledge gain kero gy, to he Aalim he banoo gy na So read, get as much information and knowledge as you can. Get it from Electronic Media, Books, newpapers, articles, discussions, inter-net etc.

Don't be Confused? I believe you are The Super Man Keep it up Brother

@ Last Island

Thanks Mod. You know your posting was informative as usual. The news about crime and bloodshed increase depression in my mind than the information.

@ Mango

Dear Every day politics don't mean to be local politics but it means the sentimental, emotional, self-centered 'statements' 'given' by of our so-called leaders. Every one should be in-touch with our country's current affairs, rather than believing in the sayings of Politicians.

Regards and Best Wishes for Ruby, Super man, Last Island and Mango
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Surmount For This Useful Post:
Almaas Ruby (Saturday, July 19, 2008), anum balouch (Saturday, November 23, 2013), Last Island (Sunday, July 20, 2008), nimis (Wednesday, March 09, 2016), smashah (Saturday, July 10, 2010), Tehman Khan (Saturday, May 25, 2013), Wasim Usmani (Sunday, August 08, 2010), wazira (Sunday, August 23, 2015)