View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 22, 2008
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

S.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really niceS.H.Virk is just really nice
Lightbulb

Constructive and Destructive forces

Constructive and destructive forces are always at work at one and the same time perhaps with the equal force that balances the world. We build and we destroy ourselves most of the time and put the blame on Satan. But it is not always we who willingly or consciously destroy ourselves but somehow we are responsible for that: our actions stimulate the reactions. We want to retain our self-respect but we still prompt others to do the otherwise. For example, Mr. / Ms A is a student who is punished by the teacher in front of the classmates for not doing his homework. Unjust! He didn’t care about his / her self-respect!

No. It is not so. He did him / her no harm. It is he / she who has done so. If someone cares so much about his / her self respect, he / she should have done his / her home work and had not provided the teacher - the callous teacher, according to the punished- with the opportunity to amuse himself by punishing him / her. But we tend to blame the teacher whatever, though exceptions are always there.

In this case an un-actualized self is working as a destructive force, and we do not even know that. It does not mean you rare not worth being human, the exalted creature. It is that you have not worked on yourself properly.
Yes, Self - the character, the person we have developed – works either as constructive or destructive force or both simultaneously. Now, please, do not give way to your complexes or prejudices that my parents or teachers did not do justice with my grooming or I am like that by nature. There are some of us who seem to believe, “Ay khuda ye damage teri amanat hai aur inshallah mai teri es muqaddas amant ko kharch kr k es main khyianat nahi kroon ga.untouch wapis kroon ga,” Yes, there are many who do not bother to work to develop their Self. You can engineer yourself and you can do that anytime, unconcerned of whether you are young or old; just the force you apply to mould yourself varies at different stages of life. Perseverance, patience, tolerance, generosity, austerity, moderation, and hard work are the constructive components of your Self that you can attain at any stage of your life if you get focused and work on it. On the other hand, insolence, gullibility, hopelessness, incorrigibility, unscrupulousness are the destructive components of the Self and you can attain them as well at any stage of your life. Our Self is at work, it is developing every moment and we do not even realize that. We abuse someone and do not even realize what irreparable harm it has done to our person and on the other hand, helping some one selflessly gives an immeasurable strength to your person too. The great economist Adam Smith put it very right in economic terms when he said, “ Wealth itself is not good or bad, it is how we use it that makes it good or bad.” Our Self -the character, the person, the soul- is as bright and polished as much we have put effort to make it so, or on the other hand it is as much dull and clumsy as we have made it so, consciously or unconsciously.

I object when some one says that I was intelligent by birth and I was not…it is about how much we have worked on our selves; we can engineer the Self; we can adopt and discard. So, please, do not ever put blame on your parents or teachers. They were the most ignorant and uneducated human beings. Fine. We have grown up now; let us prove that we can become what we want to.

Secondly, I have personally experienced that the stronger your affiliations are with your religion and family, the brighter Self you have. I have already mentioned in the previous article how The Cinderella Man gets energy from the family to become the Champ. Strengthen your bonds. Understand and act. Life would be worth living.

Thirdly, there are the people with whom we interact during the span of life and one way or the other they influence us BUT we always have the choice to digest or ooze this influence. No one can – as I have said earlier- can make or break you if you do not want. Many wars would not have been lost if only the inhabitants of those lands had not conspired with the enemy. We are conquered when our Self conspires with the one trying to make or break us. Some times our poor financial conditions obstruct our way to progress and that is the time when we must stand stead fast that I can be destroyed but not defeated. I have always believed that it is better die fighting instead of not fighting at all. Any one who struggles for good and is destroyed can take pleasure for treading the path of martyrs.

Now, it is true that attaining this Self is not an easy task. It requires steadfastness, perseverance and consistent hard work mingled with focused sincere efforts.

We are not here to play, to dream, to drift
We have work to do and loads to lift
Shun the struggle
It is god’s gift.

It is your time to say whatever you want to. But I hope you go through the posts thoroughly before putting any queries or comments. It would be a very naive question for me -no offence, please- to ask what subjects I should choose. I personally do not believe in Chemistries that this combination gives more marks and this other does not. There are ample instances where one got zero mark in one subject whereas some other one got 85 in the same subject. It is we who shape all these Chemistries. We know our aptitude better than any one else. It is we who know deep in heart, which are the subjects I am good at. Once you choose - whatever the subjects may be- work well on them, grasp the essence, and you can score great. There are many things we do for the first time and it does not mean we do not do them well always. Remember, once you were not able to write alphabets or you could not spell Elephant but can you do it now? You have the answer. It always matters how you take things and work on them. It is you who can make or break; God does not do injustice to any one …

“ Layesa lil insana illa ma sa-aa.”

Rabbir hamhuma kama rabba yani sagheera. Ameen.

Regards.

Last edited by Last Island; Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 05:07 PM.
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to S.H.Virk For This Useful Post:
25thHour (Saturday, June 12, 2010), Aarwaa (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Almaas Ruby (Thursday, July 24, 2008), Aneela Rehman (Wednesday, August 19, 2009), Ayan Khan (Tuesday, August 26, 2008), fluent_20 (Saturday, June 05, 2010), irum (Friday, July 25, 2008), Khaki (Monday, May 02, 2016), Last Island (Wednesday, July 23, 2008), M.Kashif Khoso (Thursday, July 23, 2009), marwatone (Wednesday, July 23, 2008), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Muhammadrafique (Saturday, January 26, 2019), Muskan Ghuman (Thursday, July 24, 2008), naeemgul (Thursday, August 14, 2014), neversaynever (Wednesday, April 08, 2015), Raheel Mughal (Wednesday, December 12, 2018), saadat110 (Saturday, July 26, 2008), saba usman (Wednesday, November 09, 2016), Sabah Asghar (Wednesday, July 30, 2008), Shooting Star (Saturday, May 29, 2010), smashah (Saturday, May 29, 2010), Surmount (Tuesday, September 09, 2008)