View Single Post
Old Friday, July 25, 2008
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

Muhammed Usman is on a distinguished road

SH Virk great work, you really have spent some time to put all these ideas together, excellent work, keep it up, taking inspiration from you I would like to share my experiences.

My experience of doing CSS has been a journey of self discovery, by the time I ended it I started to know my self better than ever before, it proved to be a real test for my abilities, I stretched myself to the maximum and I came to know about the possibilities that rests in my hand. I got my allocation in my second attempt. First time when I appeared way back in 2001 I cleared my written and interview but couldn’t get allocation, this time around when I thought about it, it was bit difficult for me because as there was a gap of 6 years, more over I was doing a full time job ( I’m working as Area sales Manager In DHL ). Most importantly I wasn’t in touch with the books , my writing speed had gone down considerably, in spite of all this I decided to go for it as it has been dream to be a CSP.

But all I got was my computer, no books no notes nothing, I selected Urdu, Islamic history, mass communication and b’ness administration as my optional subjects. I literally got nothing as far as books were concerned, nor I had any friends who can help and share related stuff with me.

One day I was searching for something on Google, one of the links took me to this forum, I went through it, it really impressed me it had everything that I was missing; books, notes, paper , discussions and most of all friends who can help me on this. Ever since when ever I connect to the internet first url that I type in my browser takes me to this forum, even now I’m done with this CSS thing , I still find enough of my interest on this forum. So I would like to thank all those sweet souls who are running this forum for their great work. This acknowledgement was due on me and I have been thinking of writing this stuff for some time but this post from S H Virk proved to be the right occasion to say all this. I don’t know who is runing this show but who ever has started this deserves a standing ovation. My thanks to them for making my job easy, May GOD bless you.

Now I would like to comment upon the detailed analysis done by SH virk, points highlighted are very valid, Usually the perception among masses is that only the super intelligent people can clear this exam, by no stretch of imagination I think I’m of that breed and I tell you that you don’t have to be. In my personal opinion If one can work on following , he/she can do it easily.

1 – Self expression, if you can write that well what you feel, you shouldn’t have any problem, you need not to go any where, just gather maximum info about the topics analyze it and give your opinion like an expert, you’ll get all the marks, write as much as you can, it’ll refine your expression and will improve your writing speed.

As some one said some where ( forgive I jumble up with the stanza )

‘ True ease in writing comes with practice, not by chance
As those move easiest, who have learned to dance ’

2 – You should have ability to form a logical opinion about everything, doesn’t matter negative or positive. If you can prove and explain your thoughts logically, there would be no stopping for you, if you cram notes and try to photo copy some else’s thoughts and ideas then I think person who is checking your paper would rate you as just another routine stuff ( crammer ), until unless you don’t offer anything fresh and different to the reader you wouldn’t get appreciation. When you genuine opinion mixes up with your very own writing style, there comes the winning recipe.

3 - Self belief is something that has no substitute, I read it some where “ Fear kills all the talents “, just shed off all your fear and don’t think about what is at stake. Just has firm belief in your abilities and hard work and keep on telling yourself that you can do it and Inshallah You’ll do it one day.

4 – Above all just ask you parent ( specially your mother ) to pray for you. Trust me on this a prayer from the heart of mother can make anything possible, lines of some poet are coming to my mind related to this .

Mein nikama tu do herf taak nahin likh sakta
Mayri maa mayra sara kalam tugh say ha
Mayri maa mayra sara makam tugh say ha

GOD bless you all

Last edited by Last Island; Friday, July 25, 2008 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Muhammed Usman For This Useful Post:
25thHour (Saturday, June 12, 2010), Aarwaa (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Almaas Ruby (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Aneela Rehman (Wednesday, August 19, 2009), Argus (Friday, July 25, 2008), ArsalanTheRock (Thursday, August 12, 2010), Ayan Khan (Tuesday, August 26, 2008), Cant think straight (Friday, July 25, 2008), irum (Thursday, July 31, 2008), Khaki (Monday, May 02, 2016), Last Island (Friday, July 25, 2008), M.Kashif Khoso (Thursday, July 23, 2009), marwatone (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Muhammad T S Awan (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Muskan Ghuman (Sunday, July 27, 2008), naeemgul (Thursday, August 14, 2014), PHARM (Saturday, July 26, 2008), Princess Royal (Saturday, July 26, 2008), S.H.Virk (Friday, July 25, 2008), saadat110 (Saturday, July 26, 2008), saba usman (Wednesday, November 09, 2016), Sabah Asghar (Wednesday, July 30, 2008), Shaw (Tuesday, February 28, 2012), Shooting Star (Saturday, May 29, 2010), smashah (Saturday, May 29, 2010), Zirwaan Khan (Friday, July 25, 2008)