View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Mrkhansaab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattashah View Post
Dear Sir,

It will be a great help if I could get your valuable feedback on the following optional subjects. I need your input in terms of scoring and syllabus length ( I am looking for Short syllabus)

Indo-Pak History
US History
Public Administration
Business Administration
Journalism
Sociology
Economics

Thanking in advance!

Regards,
To be honest with you, I have no idea about Indo-Pak, US History, Public Admin, Journalism or Economics, keeping in view the new syllabus i.e.

As for Business Administration, the syllabus is indeed very short and if you're good with memorizing 'steps' of methods, procedures, ideas, etc, then you should be fine. It is generally considered a scoring subject if you're familiar with the subject.

Sociology is the same as any other social science. You can either cover the basics (headings/topics in the CSS syllabus), or spend a lot of time connecting each topic with real life examples, etc. It can be a very lengthy subject then. However, sociology is considered a 'risky' subject - while the questions seems easy at times, marking is not consistent and people end up scoring poorly in sociology (at least last 3-4 years).

US History and Public Admin were considered scoring subjects with a very short syllabus, but my knowledge about them since the syllabus change for CE-2016 is limited and therefore I cannot comment correctly.