View Single Post
Old Friday, July 15, 2005
Banned

MOHIUDDIN is on a distinguished road
Default Nice to go through, what you are going through...!!!

Salam.

(Adil, u recommended and i stopped by the 'discussion' to see what is going on. Lo and behold, i m pleasently surprised to say the least.)

Well, considerable points have alredy been discussed regarding involvement of students in politics. And all the points are valid. But please note that the Question you people are discussing does not relate to the present mindset of the examiner. Let me tell you an example i m a witness of.

The University of Engineering and Technology Lahore has long been known as a stronghold of political black sheeps. The violence was a common phenomenon there. As the Musharraf era dawned, Maj. General Kirmani was given the charge of the university. He entered the university gathered all the students and delivered a short speach. He has a great personality and powerful accent. He said " I know you have arms. Make sure you dont have them by tomorrow. Any arms found in search operation would mean stringent punishment"

I know by personal experiance that Mr. Kirmani took some army jawans and sophisticated weapons with him. This had psychological effect on the culprits.

The rest is history. I have not heared of a violence in UET in 2 years. THis kind of action was needed to get rid of the menance.

And of course i certainly do not mean that we have succeeded in getting rid of the plague. But the example denoted what needes to be done all over the country. The will power is needed.

Please continue the good work. And by the way, the current issue regarding education is 'Quality of education'. A recent survey conducted in 500 schools had the most ridiculous results. The teachers (47% of them) could not solve the math questions of class 4 standard. And when the teachers are of that standard, what kind of human capital can we expect.

thanx..
take care

(And as regards the gender confusion i would say "Mysterious_Norton" should be read as "Miss Terious Norton")....lol

(Adil please handle the situation if it gets out of hand cuz of my 'Mys - Miss' controversy )

Take care

Allah hafiz.
The Following User Says Thank You to MOHIUDDIN For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Tuesday, September 27, 2011)