View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 28, 2016

thedude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseebb View Post
Thank You for your reply Sir. No doubt DMG is a very prestigious group and has social recognition and authority but iski qeemat bht bari ha, i read a few things abt DMG on this forum and I have been told as well by some ppl follow things; if u could clarify Sir:

1.There is extreme political/job pressure on DMG officer
2. He cant have leisure time, 24/7 busy..even sunday not free??
3. No holidays at all. Not free even on Eid and other ocassions
4. Salary is minimal, good if one is single but with family and kids it gets tough.
5. DMG officers are posted in far flung areas, many even live at a different city whereas family lives at different city for years
6. They face alot of inquires in courts/ from NAB as we read in papers/ in departments
7. Their personal and family life suffers and there is no peace of mind in police or PAS
8. PAS is like Police service 24/7 in pressure
9. Without political connections, life is v.difficult
10. There are alot of people who left PAS after a few years of service??
11. Life threats
12. Alot if responsibility, mistakes (which are natural in any career) will lead to serious inquiries

Sir if the aforementioned info is true, is it not a very very big price for social recognition and authority???
And apart from social recognition and authority, what benefits PAS offers??
Haseeb I was asking myself many of these questions before deciding for going for CSS. The following are my impressions.

The PAS is a well balanced group, you get to work in the field in your career initially and opportunities to work on policy and many other issues later in your career, several officers also get postings abroad with the UN and other organizations. Many PAS officers also get scholarships to attend some of the best universities in the world. Finally, this is Pakistan, and having connections makes life easier in so many ways.

Pressure exists as does corruption, but despite that many good officers are doing good work, even enjoying themselves.

The pay may be low, but you will be provided with a house, a car, and servants. Taking all that into consideration your total package while still inferior to the corporate sector, is pretty decent.

I hope I have been helpful.

On a side note I asked you a query in another section which i hope you will answer here. You mentioned your cousin scored 142 in British History in 2015. Could you elaborate how he answered questions?
The Following User Says Thank You to thedude For This Useful Post:
nidakhan777 (Sunday, November 12, 2017)