View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Groovy Huss is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions needed on my recently chosen subject combination

Hello

I have finally made up my mind to appear for CSS exams this coming February. I appreciate the fact that I have no more than 4 months left to prepare myself for the competitive exam so it makes subject selection quite important.

So, here's the subject combination I have chosen after some research and discussions, keeping in mind the time that remains and my brief research on the syllabus:

1) International Relations
2) International Law
3) History of USA
4) Journalism and Mass Communication
5) Gender Studies

Speaking of my educational background, I am an ACCA Member and a BSc Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes University) graduate [certificate of former scheduled to arrive at my place by late November 2016 and the latter by January 2017].

Despite my background in accounting studies, I have steered clear of subjects like Accounting & Auditing and Business Administration due to the breadth and technicality of the syllabus. Instead, I went with International Relations.

I believe selecting International Relations also helps because it supports and is supported by subjects like International Law and History of USA (which I have kept in my list due to the relatively short length of syllabus and relative simplicity).

Finally, I was conflicted between Journalism and Sociology but I decided to go with Journalism given that Sociology (even though it might be shorter in terms of its syllabus) may require too much memorization with the terms and concepts which might not pique my interest and prove to be too much to remember in 4 months.

Having said that, I would really like to know your take on the matter and if you agree with my rationale behind the selection of subjects. I am all set to join an academy come 15th October since I have no prior knowledge of CSS studies.

Thanks in advance.