Thread: PSP Benefits
View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 24, 2008

Osmaan is on a distinguished road
Default PSP Benefits

AOA Everyone

Im a 15 year old male. Im doing my a levels and am in the second year with business type subjects. I visit this forum ALOT since iI want to become a CSP officer and since this forum has members that are CSPs themseleves and so many learned and senior people, i fell there is noone better to consult and ask for advice. I want to join the PSP to be exact after clearing my CSS.

I have a few queries:

1) Since i want to join the PSP, i wanted to ask that should i view the CSS examination as my ultimate goal and start working toward it from now on to ensure success. By this i mean that should i choose my CSS optional subjects NOW and work towards and prepare them now my opting them in my bachelors (for example poltical science) so that i master them and thus succeed in my CSS

2) My father and a few other people have advised me to forget about the CSS exam and continue with my studies and study solid subjects and gain solid degrees so that incase i dont make it as a CSP officer, i have a failsafe. And also that mature and aged persons who have studied further in any field of education (have a masters degree) have a higher chance of making it as a CSP officer. Is this true?

I feel if i work on those subjects which i choose in my exam. Do my bachealors in them (for example political science) and appear for my CSS JUST AFTER my bachealors i have a chance of making it. I want to joing as early on as possible so i can be as successful as possible.

Which strategy should i adopt? Study and then become a CSP officer or do it early on because my goal in either case is to give my CSS exams.

3) Just incase i plan to do my studies and then get a paying job and THEN stuy for my CSS in the evenings, wouldnt it be too hectic and the chances of success decrease?

4) Does the FPSC view previous educational records and do they matter in the election as a CSP officer?

5) I have seen alot of government officals hiding their assets/businesses/other sources of income from the government to avoid some sort of persecution/taxes by starting the busniesses/buying them on another person's name. Please explain in detail as to why to practice takes place and is so widepsread and that can a CSP officer do a side business without giving it up half of it to the government to earn something decent?

5) Lastly, i wanted to ask about the future of the beaurecrats. All the unstability, reforms, ammendments and resoultions passed. As in the powers of the DMG officers were stripped and they are nothing compared to their former glory. And i also read that Pervez Musharaf decided to post each ASP to one thana thus reducing their powers to those of mere SHOs. Even though they refused and this didnot happen. So i wanted to ask if the future seems bleak.

Thank you all who reply and i hop i will get mature and satisfactory answers from you all