View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Artemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to allArtemis is a name known to all

Well Usman thanks for your posts. I just want to add a time management technique here It can be used to accurately allocate time, to evaluate performance and to also track the progress.

Here we divide all the tasks (your commitments, milestones from study plan and other tasks) in four categories.

It is shown in a simple chart…

The first category has tasks that are important but not urgent. This is where one should work.

Pending tasks from first category1 tend to go to the second one over time. They show the previous inefficient time management.

Category three and four have less important tasks so here one has some choice. These can be managed based on individual tasks. You can complete them if you have enough time or you can simply delay or even avoid them.

Someone from PTC told during a seminar that when you go to top level firms you will never find their managers busy with piles of files on their desks. This is because they work in the first category. They perform their all important tasks before they become urgent. (You may think piles of files are missing because of system automation Well this is just an example to quote)…

I have shared this technique because I personally found it really helpful. It is useful to keep track of main milestones and study targets from the study plan. My personal advice is to keep the track of at least category1 and 2. Here you will try to have as few tasks as possible in category2. Even if all of them can’t be eliminated a task entering category2 from 1, serves as a motivation to do it earlier and preferably.
Attached Thumbnails
Enhance Examination Preparation and sitting Abilities-figure.gif  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:
Aik Admi (Wednesday, August 05, 2015), iambasit (Monday, March 21, 2016), Shafi Edwardian (Sunday, July 22, 2018), Usman Naseer (Wednesday, August 27, 2008)