View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 29, 2006

Waqas is on a distinguished road
Default DAM MADE or DAMN MADE.

i am a bit late in responding to this discussion as i have joined recently.
First of all brother u have the information about the dam but its not enough. You got to be clear about certain things that provokes the need of a dam.

first of all Pakistan is still an agriculture country. its moving towards industrialization but still not there to call herself as a industrial nation.
secondly u got to be certain about the the need of dam from many different perspectives like need of dam to store water for agriculture, need of dam for electricity, need of dam to reduce the effects of flood in pakistan.
then u got to be sure of the population and reqiurement respectively. bcz the provinces like punjab and sindh are mostly sharing major portion of agricultre ,both have very fertile land and both share about 67% of our total population. Though NWFP has a fertile land as well but they are not on this side of cultivation. so NWFP does not reqiure water for cultivation. there need is to attain water for basic usage.
Then kalbagh is near DERA ISMAIL KHAN. We all know that water cannot flow from bottom to top without any pressure and if u look at the map the dam is in such part of country that it cannot push it on the upstearm without making a pointed NEHAR toward the upper punjab and if its not done the dam is purely for sindh which nowhere reqiure 6.1 MAF of water and even if sindh also share with baluchistan still a moajirty of water after a dam is constructed goes where...INTO SEA. wasted as it seems.
now if u relate the issue of SAIM and THORR with this dam then i t will happen but what damage can it cause is far less then the damage caused by the other factore that i have mentioned in the need for dam. the problem here is adjust the people living beside the site of dam..that i believe should be seariouly considered by the GOvt. bcz its really necessary.. i agree on this point of urs.
u have mentioned about the dams of INDIA on completion of whihc we would no longer be having surplus water.
my dear we also attain water from the places of Upper NWFP and different agencies in NWFP thru melting of snow.
where would it go?
if u have been through papers of last few DECADES then every governtment has proposed for this dam but the oppposition never let them made it because of thier personal issues..politicians have made it an issue that took it far away from problem solving issue to undisputed issue. every1 wants to be credited for it in anyway heor she thinks its right for him.
The most important thing that must know is th where is that stored 6.1 MAF water mostly required andon what basis with actuall facts and figures and then what sustanied damages or losses we might have when we campare two things"DAM MADE" and "DAMN MADE"
i can discuss a lot more things but its enough for me now.
Please forgive me if i had been harsh to any1 thru my words.