View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Arsenal FC is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb NAB Interview Preparation and Questions

I have compiled the list of candidates of 2015 who gave feedback regarding their interview on this forum. This will give you guys an idea of how and what to prepare or what is generally asked. If you like the effort (well you know where to click).

Candidate 1

General interview overall. Different questions from different candidates. Since it was general thus all had different questions to face. No difficult questions. Tell us about urself. Relevance of ur dept with NAB. Why join Nab? How control corruption? Daesh? What type of corruption in ur dept? A candidate from PIA was asked whether u will sacrifice ur higher salary for low NaB salary? 10 to 15 min on average was length of interview. 3 main officers were there. One in middle looked chief. He put most of the questions. The other two asked one each. Fourth one didn't ask anything but was having sheets in front.

Candidate 2

The interview seems formality as they asked only few expected questions like yourself, NAB/Corruption & about your existing salary
They asked about the causes of corruption

Candidate 3
recent constitutional amendments
ways and means to strengthen anticorruption agencies

Candidate 4
over all general interview, mine was very short, fearing for the worst anyways, intro, family background, job, hobbies .. that it, some interview lasting upto 10-15 minutes most question were related to personal experience from what ppl shared.

Candidate 5
introduce yourself?
what do you know about Kashmir Issue?
What is Daesh?
I m auditor in a bank so they asked about audit, money laundering, difference between audit and accountability etc

Candidate 6
introduce yourself, (while i doing the intro, they asked couple of questions, about my home town and about my domicile)
tell us about your family, ( asked about my dad's job and designation)
then asked about current job, past, my experiences and my learning
lastly asked about my hobbies

Candidate 7
My interview held today. The questions only relevant to my introduction and current job were asked. Regards

Candidate 8 (lawyer)
PPC SECTION 496, 161,164,420.
CRPC 153, 161.
total number of sections in PPC.
what and who is competent witness.
what is accountibilty, how it should be.
No past job experience related question.
I dont know why they didnt ask that.

Candidate 9
Introduce yourself general questions on Economic problems and remedial measures,PCEC, Institutional reforms,Family back ground, qualifications and work experience.The interview turned in to discussion based at one point but overall a healthy discussion.It was my first government interview experience so can't compare. But you can compare it with a normal panel interview.

Candidate 10

They were looking for matric nd inter certificates stamped by boards with two copies separately stamped photocopies for submission to Nab. Bacholars nd masters degrees verified by HEC with two copies each verified from HEC for submission to NAB.
NOC for govt officers. Experience certificate in original showing relevant length of service. Original CNIC for verification only.

Candidate 11 (Finance)
I appeared for AD today.
Introduction
Finance (my specialization)
Current budget
About corruption and investigation

Candidate 12
He asked my govt financial statement i.e about budget.
Fiscal deficit.
How to overcome that deficit?
Being a fresh candidate how would do in this challenging job?
Whats steps would you take in investigating/researching any case, suppose you want to do research on a case?

Candidate 13
My interview for DD was yesterday. They asked basics questions about yourself, job and qualification. The average time per candidate was 4 to 5 minutes. It seemed just formality.
The specific questions were
1- What is Management
2- Management tools
3- Qualities of Leader

Candidate 14
For DD (Punjab) interview following questions were asked:
Self introduction
Barma issue
Family background
What you can do for NAB?
What if posted to Balochistan?

Candidate 15
I was first asked for introducing myself and then followed by 3 questions from economics.
Consumer behaviour, keynes theory and difference between micro and macroeconomics. Being a lecturer of economics these questions were like a fun for me and after satisfying his questions he asked the other members whether they want to ask any question. They said no and the senior member said thank you.
This was all done in 3-4 mins.

Even more difficult economics questions were asked from candidate following me who is currently serving as JIO in NAB.

No academic questions from candidates with finance background.

Candidate 16 (Finance)
My interview was not just chit chat, rather, they asked around 6 to 8 different questions in the time span of 8 to 12 minutes. But, they were in hurry, the first panelist even started to discuss and then remember that he didn't asked me for my introduction. They asked questions about finance, my current job, corruption in accounts offices etc, and why I want to switch from my current job.

Candidate 17
After Salam they offered seats and lead panelist
1. Introduce yourself gentleman. (I did and intro I tried to send a message to join Nab)
2. He asked again how you would eliminate corruption? ( Not well articulated but I answered in two words through Investigation and prosecution)

The second person to my right and he asked me( He was CSP officer before joining NAB)
1. what you did in last two year after completing education. ( My enumerated my achievement in PPSC, NTS, FPSC exam, I also hinted him about my CSS attempt and)
2. What was your first priority in 12 groups and Why?
3. What was your second priority and why?
4. Whats main difference?
5. Third priority?
6. Why you didn't ranked Police group in top priority? ( I answered I think
my physical measure are not up to marks, he compared me with DIG of
Islamabad and said he has more week measurement as compare to me
and I said I don't have any idea Sir in this regard)
7. Than subject selection

again lead panelist

1. What is difference between memorandum of understanding and Memorandum of association?
5. Formation of Company?
2. what is article of association?
3 Difference between article of association and memorandum of association?
4. Which is superior document?
6. content of Article of association and memorandum of association?

CSP again:

1. tell us about your family?

lead panelist again:

"Kisi firm ki negative equity ho skati"? I said no, He said ho skti ha, I answered may be sir, CSP: ye choise tori ha. I said I have no idea( as I never heard in education career and also inquired it form fellow and candidates possessing ACMA and they were also blank in this regard but Panelist proved it with example to me I agreed to him and only to him as I was not satisfied about his concept.

Candidate 18

1st Member: Aap Faisal Manzoor ho?
Me: Yes! Sir
1st Member: Apna Taaruf krao.
Me: My Name, Education (M.Com), District, job (ASI 3 Year, SI 1 Year), Father's Job
1st Member: Ap ASI thay, phr Exam dia SI bnay aur ab Sihala training bhi kr chukay ho?
Me: Yes! Sir
1st Member: Commandant Sihala ka jo scandal Media pr aaya wo kia tha? Aur kon haq pr tha?
1st Member: Apko practical baat btata hu, jb murder ho jae to investigation officer Attock aur DG Khan se arrest krte hain, jb k fund sirf Rs 7000 hota he aap kia kro ge?
1st Member: Training se kia Seekha?
2nd Member: Agar SHO Daska ki training aap k saath hui hoti to kia wo qatal na krta?
3rd Member: Extra judicial killing honi chahye k ni?
3rd Member: Agar Crime Scene pr evidences na hu to?
1st Member: Family Back ground?
Ap ja skte hain, I saluted again and came back.
it was 6-7 minutes interview.

Candidate 19
My interview was in Karachi on 9 June

1 please introduce yourself
2 why is there insurgency in balochistan
3 what are these insurgent groups
3 are there demands legitimate
4 do u think picking up guns is the write way of demand
5 if a peon takes bribe because of low income is it justified
6 your family background
7 are government officials not allowed to work in your region
8 why u left your previous job?
9 what makes you think what you didn't get in your previous job you will have at NAB..
Thank you

It was almost a 7 min interview and I am from balochistan
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arsenal FC For This Useful Post:
Ana Noor (Wednesday, December 07, 2016), AZ Hector (Wednesday, December 07, 2016), Faraz K Afridi (Thursday, December 15, 2016), Kyotux (Friday, December 09, 2016), leadsmalik98 (Thursday, December 08, 2016), siddiquiali (Tuesday, January 11, 2022), Umer Ahmad Kithran (Wednesday, December 07, 2016), usmanamjad87 (Sunday, January 08, 2017), winter (Friday, December 09, 2016)