View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Shaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the roughShaa-Baaz is a jewel in the rough

How To Books Ltd, | Pages: 203 | English | PDF | Size: 1.4 MB
Introduction
The A–Z of Correct English is a reference book which has been written for the student and the general reader. It aims to tackle the basic questions about spelling, punctuation, grammar and word usage that the student and the general reader are likely to ask. Throughout the book there are clear explanations, and exemplar sentences where they are needed. When it’s helpful to draw attention to spelling rules and patterns, these are given so that the reader is further empowered to deal with hundreds of related words. The aim always has been to make the reader more con?dent and increasingly self-reliant. This is a fast-track reference book. It is not a dictionary although, like a dictionary, it is arranged alphabetically. It concentrates on problem areas; it anticipates di?culties; it invites cross-references. By exploring punctuation, for example, and paragraphing, it goes far beyond a dictionary’s terms of reference. It is not intended to replace a dictionary; it rather supplements it. Once, in an evening class, one of my adult students said, ‘If there’s a right way to spell a word, I want to know it.’ On another occasion, at the end of a punctuation session on possessive apostrophes, a college student said rather angrily, ‘Why wasn’t I told this years ago?’ This book has been written to answer all the questions that my students over the years have needed to ask. I hope all who now use it will have their questions answered also and enjoy the con?dence and the mastery that this will bring.
Angela Burt
Download

http://www.ziddu.com/downloadfile/19...glish.pdf.html
Attached Thumbnails
Books for English-17.jpg  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shaa-Baaz For This Useful Post:
Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, May 23, 2010), RUKKAN 1 (Tuesday, August 24, 2010), sajjad khan joiya (Friday, August 20, 2010), Sanambaloch (Sunday, February 24, 2013), Shagufta Shafiq (Thursday, October 30, 2008)