Saturday, September 21, 2019
03:50 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Banking & Finance > Banking Jobs

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Thursday, April 10, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 16
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
shabby99 is on a distinguished road
Default Pakistani CFA certification Vs USA CFA certification

Respected memebers,

There is a Pakistani certification of CFA which is quite economical in terms of fee. Whereas the USA CFA certification is quite expensive. But I am unaware of the worth of Pakistani CFA in the market. If anyone in the forum knows about its worth in the Pakistani market then please let me know. I want to do the Pakistani CFA but I don't know about any international affiliation of the institute.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Friday, April 11, 2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 203
Thanks: 77
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Guru jee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby99 View Post
Respected memebers,

There is a Pakistani certification of CFA which is quite economical in terms of fee. Whereas the USA CFA certification is quite expensive. But I am unaware of the worth of Pakistani CFA in the market. If anyone in the forum knows about its worth in the Pakistani market then please let me know. I want to do the Pakistani CFA but I don't know about any international affiliation of the institute.
Nice thread started (Y)
dear Pak CFA, are you talking about CFA that is run and managed by ICPAP or any other?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Friday, April 11, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 16
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
shabby99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes, I am talking about the CFA program run by ICPAP. Same goes with CPA certification, where we have American CPA and Pakistan CPA, but I don't know about the credibility and market reception of the certifications awarded by ICPAP.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Friday, April 11, 2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 203
Thanks: 77
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Guru jee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby99 View Post
Yes, I am talking about the CFA program run by ICPAP. Same goes with CPA certification, where we have American CPA and Pakistan CPA, but I don't know about the credibility and market reception of the certifications awarded by ICPAP.
hmm

To me CFA (Pak) will have its value in 6-7 years down the road, by now it cant compete for sure to CFA (US). its a high risk of spending money on CFA (Pak) , as it 'may' create value after 6-7 years.

P.S : i have recently completed CFA from ICPAP. and now preparing fr CFA (U.S). I took that risk of value addition after 6-7 years , and completed CFA (pak), now you make cost benefit analysis yourself , whether you wana took this risk or not.
best of luck
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guru jee For This Useful Post:
shabby99 (Friday, April 11, 2014)
  #5  
Old Friday, April 11, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 16
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
shabby99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok. Its good to see someone with Pakistani CFA certification. By the way, how was your experience in taking the examination of the CFA? Did you pass it in a single go? I mean how much effort is required to pass the CFA (pak)? Can one manage it in conjunction with a full time Job?

I think doing any sort of certification is not wasted in any case. It will benefit you in one way or the other in your life.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Saturday, April 12, 2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 203
Thanks: 77
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Guru jee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabby99 View Post
Ok. Its good to see someone with Pakistani CFA certification. By the way, how was your experience in taking the examination of the CFA? Did you pass it in a single go? I mean how much effort is required to pass the CFA (pak)? Can one manage it in conjunction with a full time Job?

I think doing any sort of certification is not wasted in any case. It will benefit you in one way or the other in your life.
Jigar, just like CFA (US) was introduced back in 1960, the passing rate was 90-100% in first 2-3 years (Because they wanted to create awareness of CFA (US) in market), similarly by now CFA (pak) is not that tough, you can manage to pass it in first attempt with full time job.
what is your qualification by the way?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guru jee For This Useful Post:
Warraich (Saturday, April 12, 2014)
  #7  
Old Saturday, April 12, 2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 24
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
syedimranali is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru jee View Post
Jigar, just like CFA (US) was introduced back in 1960, the passing rate was 90-100% in first 2-3 years (Because they wanted to create awareness of CFA (US) in market), similarly by now CFA (pak) is not that tough, you can manage to pass it in first attempt with full time job.
what is your qualification by the way?
Aslam O alycom!dear Whould you like that tell me your education means you did all three levels of CFA(Pak) or got exemption.My friend who is living in Dubai told me you should do it because Pakistani certificate have worth but less than USA so everything required time for create it's worth.

Regards,

Imran
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Saturday, April 12, 2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lahore, Native: Khushab
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Khudayar is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

So what would you assessed for CFA Pakistan? What is difference between CFA pakistan & CFA USA? What is the future and scope of CFA Paksitan???
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Saturday, April 12, 2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 203
Thanks: 77
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Guru jee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedimranali View Post
Aslam O alycom!dear Whould you like that tell me your education means you did all three levels of CFA(Pak) or got exemption.My friend who is living in Dubai told me you should do it because Pakistani certificate have worth but less than USA so everything required time for create it's worth.

Regards,

Imran
Exemptions are granted on case to case basis, its not like you have specific education from an ordinary universty tou you will be granted exemption.. you must have specific education from a top notch university, then your case will be forwarded to exam commitee , they hold meeting in which your case will be discussed, , keeping in view the cfa syllabus covered by your university, university grading policy etc , and then either exemption (level 1 etc) is granted or not, you will be informed via an email.
that is what i know . hope this suffice
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Saturday, April 12, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks: 16
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
shabby99 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru jee View Post
Jigar, just like CFA (US) was introduced back in 1960, the passing rate was 90-100% in first 2-3 years (Because they wanted to create awareness of CFA (US) in market), similarly by now CFA (pak) is not that tough, you can manage to pass it in first attempt with full time job.
what is your qualification by the way?
I have done MBA Finance and currently doing internship. I want to increase my credentials thats why I asked about the two certifications.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 Waqar Abro History of Pakistan & India 3 Tuesday, April 30, 2019 05:24 PM
development of pakistan press since 1947 Janeeta Journalism & Mass Communication 14 Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:03 AM
Ecnomic progress Vs Political situation very special 1 Discussion 48 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 09:27 PM
American presence in Pakistan by Ahmed Qureshi New Student News & Articles 0 Monday, February 08, 2010 11:46 AM
indo-pak relations atifch Current Affairs 0 Monday, December 11, 2006 08:01 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.