Saturday, October 23, 2021
08:27 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Banking & Finance > Banking Jobs > Soneri Bank

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Sunday, May 30, 2010
shaikhrulez's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanks: 37
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
shaikhrulez is on a distinguished road
Default Test : Soneri Bank (Trainee Officer Program) 23-05-2010

Salam...,

Here I m sharing with u test taken by Soneri Bank for Trainee Officer (what ever i remember)....Hope it will help u all.

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE It was the toughest section, we have to fill the blanks..there were no choices...

1. Capital of Bhutan...? Thimphu
2. GDP Growth rate of Pakistan...? 4.1%
3. Per Capita Income of Pakistan..? 1046 US Dollar
4. Seven Sister is famous for....?
5. Author of Book "Urdu ki akhri Kitab"..? Ibn - e - Insha
6. Who was the first chairman of Senate? Habib ullah Khan
7. How many Gallons in one Barrels? 42 US Gallons
8. Who was the longest term US President? Franklin D. Roosevelt

9. Write the currencies of the following Countries.
a. China Yuan
b. Thailand Thai Baht
c. Mexico Mexican Peso
d. Oman Rial

10. Abbreviations.
a. NCR National Cash Register
b. SAARC South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
c. BTU British Thermal Unit
d. AML Anti Money Laundering
e. ATM Automatic Teller Machine


ISLAMIAT SECTION

1. Second Pillar of Islam? Namaz
2. How many miracles were given to Hazrat Moosa A.S?
3. How many Makki Surrah in Holy Quran...?? 87
4. The Event of Karbala took place in which Hijri? 61 Hijri
5. The Event of Mairaj Took place in____ A.D? 621 A.D


ENGLISH SECTION

In this section I just remember the topic of essays which were....

1. The Social and Political impact of Terrorism on Pakistan.
2. How we can achieve success in sports like, Cricket, Hockey and Squash. What measures should be taken.
3. Reading Habit from childhood can be fruitful and Inspiring.

Vocabulary
Conglomerate
Germinate
Statutory
Dubios
Concurrence etc


MATHS SECTION

I didnt remember much from the maths section...

There were some completing the series problems, and word problems on Interest, Age, Work, Dividend etc.

Thts all...Please remember me in your prayers, and do pray for my success.
Thanks.

If anybody has idea when the result of this test will be announce...?? please do let us know.

Regards.
Waqar Shaikh
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaikhrulez For This Useful Post:
attacht (Wednesday, June 09, 2010), Fading Glimpse (Sunday, May 30, 2010), s malik (Tuesday, June 15, 2010), sajjad khan joiya (Monday, May 31, 2010), syeda zaidi (Wednesday, June 08, 2011), Waqas05 (Monday, May 31, 2010)
  #2  
Old Monday, May 31, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waqas05 is on a distinguished road
Default

AOA,

What is the Pay scale of Soneri Bank's Trainee Officer? If anyone knows about it, do share with us.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Monday, May 31, 2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karachi
Posts: 144
Thanks: 27
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
m.furqan08 will become famous soon enough
Default

Where is the job post? i didn't find any job on website.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Monday, May 31, 2010
Raz's Avatar
Raz Raz is offline
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the hearts of friends and heads of foes.
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 2,165
Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,440 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waqas05 View Post
AOA,

What is the Pay scale of Soneri Bank's Trainee Officer? If anyone knows about it, do share with us.

Thanks
It is of OG-3 level position.
__________________
"Tumhary nafs ki qeemat Janat hay isy Janat say kam qeemat pey na bechna."
"Jiyo to istarh ky log tum sy milny ko tarsy; maro to istrah k log tumharee mot par royain"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
Waqas05 (Tuesday, June 01, 2010)
  #5  
Old Tuesday, June 01, 2010
sajjad khan joiya's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Multan
Posts: 182
Thanks: 211
Thanked 134 Times in 75 Posts
sajjad khan joiya is on a distinguished road
Default

What is the procedure to apply for jobs in soneri bank. Is it online.............
__________________
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability. Flower A. Newhouse
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Raz's Avatar
Raz Raz is offline
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the hearts of friends and heads of foes.
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 2,165
Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,440 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future
Default

Normally, they keep on storing unsolicited CVs received directly from the applicants, and finally they schedule their test for selection.
__________________
"Tumhary nafs ki qeemat Janat hay isy Janat say kam qeemat pey na bechna."
"Jiyo to istarh ky log tum sy milny ko tarsy; maro to istrah k log tumharee mot par royain"
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
sajjad khan joiya (Tuesday, June 01, 2010)
  #7  
Old Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waqas05 is on a distinguished road
Default

I mean to say what is the salary range?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Raz's Avatar
Raz Raz is offline
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the hearts of friends and heads of foes.
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 2,165
Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,440 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waqas05 View Post
I mean to say what is the salary range?
Approx: Rs.18,000 (15k plus, and below 20k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhrulez View Post
Salam...,

If anybody has idea when the result of this test will be announce...?? please do let us know.

Regards.
Waqar Shaikh
Result will be announced after 20th June.

Your training will commence in July.
__________________
"Tumhary nafs ki qeemat Janat hay isy Janat say kam qeemat pey na bechna."
"Jiyo to istarh ky log tum sy milny ko tarsy; maro to istrah k log tumharee mot par royain"

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, June 01, 2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Merged
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
shaikhrulez (Friday, June 04, 2010)
  #9  
Old Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
khurram rafique is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waqas05 View Post
I mean to say what is the salary range?
A monthly stipend of Rs.8,000 during 6 months training. And Rs.16,000 after posting.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khurram rafique For This Useful Post:
shaikhrulez (Friday, June 04, 2010), Waqas05 (Wednesday, June 02, 2010)
  #10  
Old Tuesday, June 15, 2010
hailian_boy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 19
Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
hailian_boy is on a distinguished road
Default

u can apply by registering on soneribank's website
http://www.soneribank.com/careers

next batch will approximately announce in OCT-Nov 2010

and one thing to mention that who will qualify the test he will be selected in soneri bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhrulez View Post
Salam...,

Here I m sharing with u test taken by Soneri Bank for Trainee Officer (what ever i remember)....Hope it will help u all.

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE It was the toughest section, we have to fill the blanks..there were no choices...

1. Capital of Bhutan...? Thimphu
2. GDP Growth rate of Pakistan...? 4.1%
3. Per Capita Income of Pakistan..? 1046 US Dollar
4. Seven Sister is famous for....?
5. Author of Book "Urdu ki akhri Kitab"..? Ibn - e - Insha
6. Who was the first chairman of Senate? Habib ullah Khan
7. How many Gallons in one Barrels? 42 US Gallons
8. Who was the longest term US President? Franklin D. Roosevelt

9. Write the currencies of the following Countries.
a. China Yuan
b. Thailand Thai Baht
c. Mexico Mexican Peso
d. Oman Rial

10. Abbreviations.
a. NCR National Cash Register
b. SAARC South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
c. BTU British Thermal Unit
d. AML Anti Money Laundering
e. ATM Automatic Teller Machine


ISLAMIAT SECTION

1. Second Pillar of Islam? Namaz
2. How many miracles were given to Hazrat Moosa A.S?
3. How many Makki Surrah in Holy Quran...?? 87
4. The Event of Karbala took place in which Hijri? 61 Hijri
5. The Event of Mairaj Took place in____ A.D? 621 A.D


ENGLISH SECTION

In this section I just remember the topic of essays which were....

1. The Social and Political impact of Terrorism on Pakistan.
2. How we can achieve success in sports like, Cricket, Hockey and Squash. What measures should be taken.
3. Reading Habit from childhood can be fruitful and Inspiring.

Vocabulary
Conglomerate
Germinate
Statutory
Dubios
Concurrence etc


MATHS SECTION

I didnt remember much from the maths section...

There were some completing the series problems, and word problems on Interest, Age, Work, Dividend etc.

Thts all...Please remember me in your prayers, and do pray for my success.
Thanks.

If anybody has idea when the result of this test will be announce...?? please do let us know.

Regards.
Waqar Shaikh
Result will be announced in 1 or 2 days
as the result has been compiled

Last edited by Chauhdary12; Thursday, June 09, 2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Merged
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bank, soneri, trainee officer

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are We Muslims? awais_666 Discussion 13 Thursday, August 16, 2018 06:39 PM
SPSC CCE 2003 SCAM and investigation Findings Kamran SPSC (CCE) 118 Sunday, March 27, 2016 06:08 PM
The Bretton Woods System xenia Economics 1 Saturday, April 03, 2010 08:36 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.