Saturday, May 25, 2019
04:01 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Beginner's Guide > CSS Competitive Examination

CSS Competitive Examination The Central Superior Services Examination is conducted every year for induction to Group 17 of the Civil Services

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Muhammad Umair Malik is on a distinguished road
Default Need expert opinion in subject selection

I have a commerce background, (M com)
Initially i have selected following optional subjects for further analysis and advice:

1) Accountancy & Auditing (200)
2) Public Administration (100)
3) US History (100)
4)Gender studies (100)
5)Punjabi (100)

please guide me if i have chosen not good scoring subject or the combination is not good.

i) I am confused between Punjabi and criminology
ii) I am confused between Accountancy & Auditing and International relations.


please suggest why I shouldn't take criminology over Punjabi and why I shouldn't take International relation over Accountancy & Auditing.


looking forward for precious advice.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Umair Malik View Post
I have a commerce background, (M com)

Initially i have selected following optional subjects for further analysis and advice:



1) Accountancy & Auditing (200)

2) Public Administration (100)

3) US History (100)

4)Gender studies (100)

5)Punjabi (100)



please guide me if i have chosen not good scoring subject or the combination is not good.



i) I am confused between Punjabi and criminology

ii) I am confused between Accountancy & Auditing and International relations.





please suggest why I shouldn't take criminology over Punjabi and why I shouldn't take International relation over Accountancy & Auditing.





looking forward for precious advice.
Salam.
I.r is a vast subject but also it's helpful in many other papers e.g. current affairs and pak affairs. Criminology is to the point subject. It's syllabus is short. And also it's scoring subject. I don't know about accounting and auditing since I don't have this background. But the people from any background can prepare i.r. and criminology. I advise you to choose these subjects. Rest is on you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Umair Malik View Post
I have a commerce background, (M com)

Initially i have selected following optional subjects for further analysis and advice:



1) Accountancy & Auditing (200)

2) Public Administration (100)

3) US History (100)

4)Gender studies (100)

5)Punjabi (100)



please guide me if i have chosen not good scoring subject or the combination is not good.



i) I am confused between Punjabi and criminology

ii) I am confused between Accountancy & Auditing and International relations.





please suggest why I shouldn't take criminology over Punjabi and why I shouldn't take International relation over Accountancy & Auditing.





looking forward for precious advice.
The syllabus of punjabi is also short and it's also a scoring subject but you should choose it if you speak punjabi at home. I picked it up and then left it because I felt it difficult to prepare. Also punjabi in everyday use and punjabi in the books by the poets is very very different. Punjabi in books is very difficult. Some words look toooooo alien to memorize. I selected criminology and sociology. But if you're really interested in punjabi then you can prepare it well. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Muhammad Umair Malik is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks Urooj !
what about criminology, is it a scoring subject? the subject survey don't suggest that. I have never studied this subject but i am interested in it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Umair Malik View Post
Thanks Urooj !

what about criminology, is it a scoring subject? the subject survey don't suggest that. I have never studied this subject but i am interested in it.
Yes it's scoring subject. Also it's too the point. No excessive information is needed. Just terms to understand and it's done. I've studied it when I prepared for css 2019.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Umair Malik View Post
Thanks Urooj !

what about criminology, is it a scoring subject? the subject survey don't suggest that. I have never studied this subject but i am interested in it.
My pleasure 👍

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 1 Week Ago
RMKamran's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 526
Thanks: 714
Thanked 386 Times in 238 Posts
RMKamran will become famous soon enough
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj rajput View Post
Yes it's scoring subject. Also it's too the point. No excessive information is needed. Just terms to understand and it's done. I've studied it when I prepared for css 2019.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
AoA,

Which book you consulted for criminology?
__________________
Nasru minal'lahi wa fat'hun qareeb
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 1 Week Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKamran View Post
AoA,



Which book you consulted for criminology?
Slides by Sir Asmatullah Junejo from kips were helpful. Along with that, I prepared from the book "advanced criminology".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 6 Days Ago
RMKamran's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 526
Thanks: 714
Thanked 386 Times in 238 Posts
RMKamran will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urooj rajput View Post
Slides by Sir Asmatullah Junejo from kips were helpful. Along with that, I prepared from the book "advanced criminology".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Advanced criminology by whom ? There are a couple of books with this title. Kindly mention its author. Could you please email those slides to me ?
__________________
Nasru minal'lahi wa fat'hun qareeb
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 3 Hours Ago
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 29
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Urooj rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMKamran View Post
Advanced criminology by whom ? There are a couple of books with this title. Kindly mention its author. Could you please email those slides to me ?
Advanced criminology by nasir khan but to be honest I didn't like that book.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Updated Report on Performance of Candidates in Written Part of CSS Examination 2016 Last Island Subject Analysis 2 Wednesday, January 02, 2019 04:49 PM
Advertisement No. 06 & 07 /2017 (Lecturers, Subject Specialists and TMO's) Asif Khan Shinwari KPK PSC Others Examinations 0 Saturday, August 12, 2017 02:31 PM
Observations on Performance of Candidates in Written Part of CSS Examination 2015 Amna Subject Analysis 3 Tuesday, July 25, 2017 03:43 PM
The constitution of the islamic republic of pakistan, 1973[1] IMTIAZ AHMAD KHAN Constitutional Law 0 Thursday, February 14, 2013 04:40 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.