Friday, September 25, 2020
01:04 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Beginner's Guide > Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions Please read the posts before posting the queries.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oatmeal is on a distinguished road
Default Eligibility without FSC or A Levels

Hello,

I know that there are plenty of existing threads regarding qualification for eligibility, but I have decided to start a new thread because my case is a bit unique.

I have done O levels but I did not do FSC or A Levels. Instead, I took the SAT exam and got admission in an American University. I have completed by Bachelors in Finance with a very a high GPA.

Am I eligible for CSS exam? Does FCPS require O and A levels certificates in addition to a Bachelors Degree?

Please reply. Also, can anyone forward me a contact no (WhatsApp) or email of some official who can clear my doubt?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
hmkashif's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 13077
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 517
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,145 Times in 369 Posts
hmkashif is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Hello,

I know that there are plenty of existing threads regarding qualification for eligibility, but I have decided to start a new thread because my case is a bit unique.

I have done O levels but I did not do FSC or A Levels. Instead, I took the SAT exam and got admission in an American University. I have completed by Bachelors in Finance with a very a high GPA.

Am I eligible for CSS exam? Does FCPS require O and A levels certificates in addition to a Bachelors Degree?

Please reply. Also, can anyone forward me a contact no (WhatsApp) or email of some official who can clear my doubt?

Thank you.
EDUCATION
5(i). A candidate must hold at least a Second Division or Grade “C” Bachelor’s degree in any faculty of one of the Pakistani Universities or an equivalent degree or comparable educational qualifications of a foreign University recognized by Higher
Education Commission, Islamabad.

Note: In case the candidate does not hold the required degree on or before the cut off date, he/she shall be required to produce a certificate from the duly authorized officer of the concerned degree awarding institution, to the effect that the candidate has fulfilled all the requirements of the said degree and has/had cleared/passed the examination for the said degree on or before the cut off date. The candidate however would be required to produce the said degree
before the final result is declared by the Commission.

(ii). A candidate who has obtained a Third Division(or ‘D’ grade) in his/her Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the Examination in cases where he/she has obtained a higher Division in Master’s Degree.

(iii). The matter as to which foreign degree is comparable and equivalent to corresponding Pakistani degree shall be decided by HEC. Therefore, an equivalence certificate issued by HEC may be attached with application form.

http://www.fpsc.gov.pk/sites/default...018-Rules_.pdf
__________________
“What we need in this country today is more courage and more belief in the things that we have.”- Thomas J. Watson
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oatmeal is on a distinguished road
Default

Thank you.

As per my understanding (based on your link) as long as I have a Bachelor's degree that has been attested by HEC, there is no need for O and A Levels qualification?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
hmkashif's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 13077
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 517
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,145 Times in 369 Posts
hmkashif is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Thank you.

As per my understanding (based on your link) as long as I have a Bachelor's degree that has been attested by HEC, there is no need for O and A Levels qualification?
Yup. If the HEC has recognized (accreditation/equivalence certificate) that equivalent to bachelors, you are eligible.
__________________
“What we need in this country today is more courage and more belief in the things that we have.”- Thomas J. Watson
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oatmeal is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmkashif View Post
Yup. If the HEC has recognized (accreditation/equivalence certificate) that equivalent to bachelors, you are eligible.
Thank you for the great help and I would apologise for the extra questions, but I have just one more query:

On the guideline provided on the FPSC website, it is mentioned that attested copy of Matriculation Certificate & attested copy of Intermediate Certificate are necessary documents required for the approval of application.

Can you please shed some light on that?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Monday, February 25, 2019
hmkashif's Avatar
Senior Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 13077
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 517
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,145 Times in 369 Posts
hmkashif is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Thank you for the great help and I would apologise for the extra questions, but I have just one more query:

On the guideline provided on the FPSC website, it is mentioned that attested copy of Matriculation Certificate & attested copy of Intermediate Certificate are necessary documents required for the approval of application.

Can you please shed some light on that?
That's a pertinent and valid question. Can't answer that. I'd suggest you to write to FPSC, ask officers. They can guide you better.
__________________
“What we need in this country today is more courage and more belief in the things that we have.”- Thomas J. Watson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hmkashif For This Useful Post:
oatmeal (Monday, February 25, 2019)
  #7  
Old Friday, February 14, 2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Utp22 is on a distinguished road
Default

I have the same issue. if you asked have asked fpsc about it, do let me know.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Friday, February 14, 2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Utp22 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Thank you for the great help and I would apologise for the extra questions, but I have just one more query:



On the guideline provided on the FPSC website, it is mentioned that attested copy of Matriculation Certificate & attested copy of Intermediate Certificate are necessary documents required for the approval of application.



Can you please shed some light on that?
I have the same issue. if you asked have asked fpsc about it do let me know.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Saturday, February 15, 2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oatmeal is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utp22 View Post
I have the same issue. if you asked have asked fpsc about it do let me know.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Alhamdulillah my application was accepted. I am appearing in the exam now.

When you submit your application, attach a letter and address it to the FPSC chairman, explaining your situation.

FPSC is mainly interested in bachelor’s degree, so if you have that attested your application will be accepted InshAllah.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Saturday, February 15, 2020
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Utp22 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
Alhamdulillah my application was accepted. I am appearing in the exam now.



When you submit your application, attach a letter and address it to the FPSC chairman, explaining your situation.



FPSC is mainly interested in bachelor’s degree, so if you have that attested your application will be accepted InshAllah.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Senior Auditors 674 Posts Announced By FPSC.. kashifbhatti Jobs Announcements 3142 Monday, February 26, 2018 02:00 PM
Advertisement No. 06 & 07 /2017 (Lecturers, Subject Specialists and TMO's) Asif Khan Shinwari KPK PSC Others Examinations 0 Saturday, August 12, 2017 02:31 PM
Various posts announced by kpk psc... nafees khattak KPKPMS 8 Thursday, July 13, 2017 08:07 PM
KPK PSC Announced a Lot of jobs Qacc KPK PSC Others Examinations 13 Saturday, October 20, 2012 03:06 PM
KPK PSC: Adv. No.03 / 2011, Due Date: 23-07-2011 prestigious KPKPMS 4 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:12 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.