Originally Posted by acme
1. So, please seniors make it clear that is it possible he can compete on merit basis and can join DMG or FSP?
2. On the application form, there is choice to mention that one is disabled or not. So, should he select it too while appearing on merit basis?
3. What other groups can he join on merit basis?
Urgent response will be highly appreciated to solve this mystery for him.
I am glad to hear that your friend is so competent....please ask him to appear in the exam. I believe he can do well in this exam.
But I am so sorry to inform you that FPSC does not have any Disabled Persons Quota. This does not mean that he cannot appear in the exam. Its just that there are no special seats for disabled persons.
Here are the FPSC Rules:
"19. (i) All candidates must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of their duties. The candidates who (after such medical examination which Government or the appointing authority, may prescribe) are found not to satisfy these requirements, will not be appointed except disabled candidates as mentioned in sub rule (ii) below:-
(ii) Disabled candidates in the categories of physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (deaf & dumb) and visually impaired (blind) are allowed to compete for Competitive Examination against four Occupational Groups/Services viz: (a) Commerce & Trade Group (b) Pakistan Audit & Accounts Service (c) Information Group & (d) Postal Group. Disabled candidates securing a position against prescribed 7.5% merit quota on all Pakistan basis may be considered for allocation to Foreign Service of Pakistan on the basis of his/her choice.
Note: (1) Disabled candidates viz visually impaired (Blind), physically impaired, hearing/speech impaired (Deaf & Dumb) will be provided helper such as Writer, if so requested by them in their application forms.
(2) Extra time viz 15 minutes per hour will be allowed to visually impaired (Blind) candidates. Request of Computer literate candidates for provision of computer equipment etc. to attempt question papers will be entertained. Examination for such candidates will be held at Islamabad only. However, no TA/DA etc. will be admissible.
(3) Disabled candidates must submit a certificate of disability issued by the competent authority designated for the purpose by the Federal/Provincial Government."
Answer to your Q 1:
He can compete on merit basis....but he will be offered a seat only in FSP.....He cannot join other services like PSP, DMG, Customs, Railways, etc....
Answer to your Q 2:
You will have to check the option for disabled candidate as they have a Medical Examination after the written exam. So, basically he would have to show himself physically fit. Being disabled and claiming the disability advantage are two different things. If he does not want to avail it, he can waive it. But he cannot hide the fact....
Answer to your Q 3:
He can compete for only FSP on Open Merit (7.5% quota in total seats). But the four sanctioned groups for disabled candidates, for which they can compete, are:
(a) Commerce & Trade Group (b) Pakistan Audit & Accounts Service (c) Information Group & (d) Postal Group
I think this clarifies the situation. Please post your question if you want to ask more.