Sunday, October 24, 2021
11:39 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > Beginner's Guide > Tips and Experience Sharing

Tips and Experience Sharing Your unique experience and tips can be highly valuable to thousands of them who plan to appear for exams this year or in the future years.You can share your experiences and golden tips with us.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Monday, May 10, 2021
MuneezaRafiq's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 98
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road
Default How I cleared CSS 2020 without joining an academy

Moneeza Rafiq
Reg. no 36573
Merit no. 60
General Merit All Pakistan
Group Allotted: OMG


I would like to begin by saying that my success/hard-work is nothing compared to ALLAH's will and His plans, and I would be nowhere without Him.

Many of you will be tempted to join an academy for CSS preparation as soon as you are close to finishing your Bachelors degree. Having met with and interacted with academy-goers who have spent Rs 60,000 and above at various CSS academies with hopes that they will pass the exams, I can say with confidence that at least 60% of the guidance given at academies can be outdated, ridiculous and misleading.

Here is how I got allocated in CSS 2020 without having gone a single day to any academy whatsoever:

1) I had the freedom to pick subjects that were purely based on my interest and field. Academies only teach subjects they think are 'good scoring'. As soon as you enroll, they force you to pick the subjects of their choosing. You end up studying something you have zero interest in.

2) Due to my high interest in my selected optionals, I was able to study with passion and give my all. I selected Psychology, Philosophy, English Literature ... the kind of subjects that academies don't teach and tend to discourage. I am proof that no matter what mythological 'scoring trend' they want you to trust in, you will score marks in a subject you are interested in. Period.

3) I was able to make my own notes from recommended books, Youtube videos, websites etc and tailor them to suit my needs, instead of relying on old, outdated academy notes which are often full of grammatical mistakes and written by non-experts.

4) I made several practice outlines not only on Essay topics related to fields of current affairs, but especially on topics related to philosophy, morality and literature. This really helped sharpen my critical and analytical skills, a necessity in CSS exams.

5) With the freedom to make my own notes and hand-pick my own sources, I was able to link various topics together, think critically, and build my own opinions. This is something academics don't teach. They want you to memorize things, facts and figures, which can be a help, but are never the center of any CSS paper. I did not put unnecessary effort into learning a plethora of dates, names, timelines etc, except the most important ones. CSS examiners don't want a mountain of facts and dates, they want to know your opinion.

6) I was free to go at my own pace and make my own timetable. Whether it was to give 15 days, or a month to a particular subject, I was the one in-charge, and I was free to adjust my timetable according to my personal needs. This meant I was free of any kind of rush or stress to finish a certain subject on someone else's timetable.

7) I focused on the 'content' of the subject and actual understanding, rather than rote memorization.

8) Because I was in-charge of my own CSS journey, rather than handing it to some CSP officer in an academy, I developed confidence, self-reliance, and a sense of self-worth which are typically sapped out of you in academy. Academies create this oppressive competitive environment where you are so focused on outshining others that you lose focus on your own strengths and weaknesses.

9) My confidence, trust in Allah, and a sense of comfort in my own skin was a big contributor in my Interview success.

10) While the academy-bred candidates were bogged down with discussing silly, unimportant rules like hand and feet placements, the amount of curve your smile can have, the kind of shoes that will ensure success, I realized that appearance (no matter how important) is always, ALWAYS secondary to the substance in your words and your manner.

11) Help others out. The more you help people, the more you will learn and your own knowledge will increase.

Let me make this clear, if it isn't already: ACADEMIES DON'T GUARANTEE SUCCESS. They are a business. Their goal is not to get you allocated, but to make money off of you. They are not invested in your success. Yes there are some amazing teachers in academies, but there are also a vast majority of those who see you purely as business and nothing more. Many CSP officers don't know the ABCs of teaching, and are even horrible at it.

For success in CSS exams, you need only two things: full belief in ALLAH's plans, and your own hard work, stemming out of your own passion. That's pretty much it.
__________________
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MuneezaRafiq For This Useful Post:
arkb97 (Monday, May 10, 2021), Darkness (Monday, May 10, 2021), Hassannoor (Tuesday, May 11, 2021), Last Island (Monday, May 10, 2021), Mohammad Ali (Sunday, August 08, 2021), RoadBlock (Tuesday, May 11, 2021), ZAHID MAQSOOD (Tuesday, May 11, 2021)
  #2  
Old Monday, May 10, 2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 27
Thanks: 12
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Darkness is on a distinguished road
Default

Congratulations! As you have passed essay twice, do write a comprehensive post on this subject. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2021
ZAHID MAQSOOD's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
ZAHID MAQSOOD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuneezaRafiq View Post
Moneeza Rafiq

Reg. no 36573

Merit no. 60

General Merit All Pakistan

Group Allotted: OMG




I would like to begin by saying that my success/hard-work is nothing compared to ALLAH's will and His plans, and I would be nowhere without Him.



Many of you will be tempted to join an academy for CSS preparation as soon as you are close to finishing your Bachelors degree. Having met with and interacted with academy-goers who have spent Rs 60,000 and above at various CSS academies with hopes that they will pass the exams, I can say with confidence that at least 60% of the guidance given at academies can be outdated, ridiculous and misleading.



Here is how I got allocated in CSS 2020 without having gone a single day to any academy whatsoever:



1) I had the freedom to pick subjects that were purely based on my interest and field. Academies only teach subjects they think are 'good scoring'. As soon as you enroll, they force you to pick the subjects of their choosing. You end up studying something you have zero interest in.



2) Due to my high interest in my selected optionals, I was able to study with passion and give my all. I selected Psychology, Philosophy, English Literature ... the kind of subjects that academies don't teach and tend to discourage. I am proof that no matter what mythological 'scoring trend' they want you to trust in, you will score marks in a subject you are interested in. Period.



3) I was able to make my own notes from recommended books, Youtube videos, websites etc and tailor them to suit my needs, instead of relying on old, outdated academy notes which are often full of grammatical mistakes and written by non-experts.



4) I made several practice outlines not only on Essay topics related to fields of current affairs, but especially on topics related to philosophy, morality and literature. This really helped sharpen my critical and analytical skills, a necessity in CSS exams.



5) With the freedom to make my own notes and hand-pick my own sources, I was able to link various topics together, think critically, and build my own opinions. This is something academics don't teach. They want you to memorize things, facts and figures, which can be a help, but are never the center of any CSS paper. I did not put unnecessary effort into learning a plethora of dates, names, timelines etc, except the most important ones. CSS examiners don't want a mountain of facts and dates, they want to know your opinion.



6) I was free to go at my own pace and make my own timetable. Whether it was to give 15 days, or a month to a particular subject, I was the one in-charge, and I was free to adjust my timetable according to my personal needs. This meant I was free of any kind of rush or stress to finish a certain subject on someone else's timetable.



7) I focused on the 'content' of the subject and actual understanding, rather than rote memorization.



8) Because I was in-charge of my own CSS journey, rather than handing it to some CSP officer in an academy, I developed confidence, self-reliance, and a sense of self-worth which are typically sapped out of you in academy. Academies create this oppressive competitive environment where you are so focused on outshining others that you lose focus on your own strengths and weaknesses.



9) My confidence, trust in Allah, and a sense of comfort in my own skin was a big contributor in my Interview success.



10) While the academy-bred candidates were bogged down with discussing silly, unimportant rules like hand and feet placements, the amount of curve your smile can have, the kind of shoes that will ensure success, I realized that appearance (no matter how important) is always, ALWAYS secondary to the substance in your words and your manner.



11) Help others out. The more you help people, the more you will learn and your own knowledge will increase.



Let me make this clear, if it isn't already: ACADEMIES DON'T GUARANTEE SUCCESS. They are a business. Their goal is not to get you allocated, but to make money off of you. They are not invested in your success. Yes there are some amazing teachers in academies, but there are also a vast majority of those who see you purely as business and nothing more. Many CSP officers don't know the ABCs of teaching, and are even horrible at it.



For success in CSS exams, you need only two things: full belief in ALLAH's plans, and your own hard work, stemming out of your own passion. That's pretty much it.
Muneeza so thankful to you for all of this can you help me for preparation of css.i will be so thankful to you for this

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2021
MuneezaRafiq's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 98
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Congratulations! As you have passed essay twice, do write a comprehensive post on this subject. Thank you.
Sure, I will make posts on my essay writing success InshaAllah.
__________________
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2021
MuneezaRafiq's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 98
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAHID MAQSOOD View Post
Muneeza so thankful to you for all of this can you help me for preparation of css.i will be so thankful to you for this

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
What kind of help do you need?
__________________
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 81
Thanks: 23
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
blkshp is on a distinguished road
Default

Congrats on your allocation, Muneeza!
Would love to know how you prepared for IR since I too lack any interest in cramming and rote learning.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Friday, May 14, 2021
ZAHID MAQSOOD's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
ZAHID MAQSOOD is on a distinguished road
Default

Sorry for reply you lately .
I want to clear css. But I can't understand that from where and how I start preparation. I tried alot of time but I can't do.
So please help me . I will be so thankful to you .
If you want then I can pay for this.
But please bring me in right track .

Please help me if you can??

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sunday, May 16, 2021
MuneezaRafiq's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 98
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

Please contact me on my email address
__________________
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shakeel ur rahman is on a distinguished road
Default

Sir, firstly congratulations for acing CSS, secondly I want to ask about your technique for preparing philosophy. I am planning to appear for KPK PMS exam, while reading through the content I feel like I have found my niche and I study it with great interest but the problem is my pace is quite slow which renders me still playing with basics also could you plz recommend some books for "philosophical methods" part and logic.
I shall owe you a great debt of gratitude for your kind reply.
Jazakallah

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Tuesday, May 18, 2021
MuneezaRafiq's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 98
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 31 Posts
MuneezaRafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

For Philosophy, I went topic by topic and divided them over days which I had allotted for the entire subject. If you want to strengthen your basics, you might want to check out a book titled 'Philosophy Made Simple' and a Crash course on Philosophy found on YouTube.
__________________
"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MuneezaRafiq For This Useful Post:
Shakeel ur rahman (Tuesday, May 18, 2021)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guidelines for AD (IB) qualifiers regarding joining Khan Sukhera Intelligence Bureau (IB) 13 Tuesday, November 13, 2018 01:46 PM
All about Pakistan Muhammad Adnan General Knowledge, Quizzes, IQ Tests 78 Wednesday, May 16, 2012 09:50 PM
PCS lectureship exams 2011 result date is announced famfai PPSC Lecturer Jobs 60 Thursday, December 08, 2011 06:18 PM
History Of National Police Academy (NPA) Omer Police Service of Pakistan 0 Saturday, September 08, 2007 03:39 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.