CSS Forums Friday, October 24, 2014
04:15 PM (GMT +5)
 
 
Home   Beginner's Guide   Rules   Syllabus   Past Papers   CSP Members  

Go Back   CSS Forums > Beginner's Guide > Tips and Experience Sharing

Tips and Experience Sharing Your unique experience and tips can be highly valuable to thousands of them who plan to appear for exams this year or in the future years.You can share your experiences and golden tips with us.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Thursday, February 16, 2012
Talal Raza's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talal Raza is on a distinguished road
Default CSS: Foreign Service of Pakistan

Hi everyone! This is Talal. I m a student of my mass communication. i have never been into politics. I find it really hard to understand how things work in politics and the situations like Afghan war and Syria. Do you think that things would start to make sense and I should keep on reading alot?
Secondly, why should I do Foriegn service of Pakistan when the foreign policy of Pakistan (as said) is made by Pakistan army not beauracrat?
Thirdly, how can I serve Pakistan when I know I would never be promoted for sincertiy, for putting a check on corruption even on CM punjab?
Fourthly, I wish to join foriegn service if I cleared CSS, how many marks I need to get and what should be strategy to prepare for CSS? I guess I would choose subjects like Sociology, journalism, Indo Pak History, Urdu in optional subjects IF I chose to do CSS (My degree completes in 2013 and I cannot for it before 2014).Howver, since i have not been so much involved into reading politics and newspaper, I believe I need to start from today.
Fifithy, my writing is pathetic? How much does this add to one's failure in CSS?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Monday, February 27, 2012
Talal Raza's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talal Raza is on a distinguished road
Default

So apparently there is no one here on this forum who can answer my questions. Isnt it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Monday, February 27, 2012
Last Island's Avatar
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Forest of Fallen Stars
Posts: 6,986
Thanks: 2,119
Thanked 13,748 Times in 4,403 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom
Default

How can you expect any reply when you have posted your question, with a bad title, in Tips and Experience Sharing instead of Foreign Services of Pakistan sub-forum?
__________________
The Me you have always known, the Me that's a stranger still.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Monday, February 27, 2012
Call for Change's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Crumbling Prison of Cruel Customs
Posts: 1,212
Thanks: 1,173
Thanked 1,806 Times in 847 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal Raza View Post
Hi everyone! This is Talal. I m a student of my mass communication. i have never been into politics. I find it really hard to understand how things work in politics and the situations like Afghan war and Syria. Do you think that things would start to make sense and I should keep on reading alot?
Secondly, why should I do Foriegn service of Pakistan when the foreign policy of Pakistan (as said) is made by Pakistan army not beauracrat?
Thirdly, how can I serve Pakistan when I know I would never be promoted for sincertiy, for putting a check on corruption even on CM punjab?
Fourthly, I wish to join foriegn service if I cleared CSS, how many marks I need to get and what should be strategy to prepare for CSS? I guess I would choose subjects like Sociology, journalism, Indo Pak History, Urdu in optional subjects IF I chose to do CSS (My degree completes in 2013 and I cannot for it before 2014).Howver, since i have not been so much involved into reading politics and newspaper, I believe I need to start from today.
Fifithy, my writing is pathetic? How much does this add to one's failure in CSS?
Aslam Alikum Talal. I am here to answer your queries.
1- I am amazed that as a student of mass communication you don't have any know how of politics and contemporary affairs. I think it is the most needed thing in mass communication. if you are not update you are out of the race. So, as per your question my answer is yes. you should start reading newspapers and magazines, explore the internet and visit your university's library.

2- I hope you know what Establishment is ?? The foreign policy is made by Establishment (a combination of army and bureaucracy). So, don't worry you will get the chance to play your role

3- There was a person called Qudrat Ullah Sahab, he was a bureaucrat; a sincere bureaucrat and he survived in this system of black sheep.you can read read his autobiography "Sahab Nama".It would be beneficial for you.

4-I don't know about the exact marks but surely you must secure position in top 50z. start reading from now and don't expect that within days you will be scholar. Learning is a gradual process and you have plenty of time. so, don't worry and start preparing now.

5- Follow these links.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...eparation.html

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...in-fatima.html

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...ting-tips.html
__________________
GO NAWAZ GO !!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Call for Change For This Useful Post:
Intifada (Friday, November 23, 2012)
  #5  
Old Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Talal Raza's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lahore
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talal Raza is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
How can you expect any reply when you have posted your question, with a bad title, in Tips and Experience Sharing instead of Foreign Services of Pakistan sub-forum?
Since I m new to this forum that happens. I am sorry about it

@ Call for Change:
Thanks alot for your detailed reply. I think that was a bit of an understatement that I dont know anything about politics as well as "establishment" Probably I m at a stage of learning where I still need to learn more to develop my perception about things. Agreed its a gradual process.
Regarding Qudrat Ullah shahab, I know he was a great person but we also know how many times he resigned However, in the present age we have Oria Maqbool Jan as an alternative to Qudrat ullah Shahab I guess
Anyways thank you for your guidance
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Friday, November 23, 2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: karachi
Posts: 191
Thanks: 310
Thanked 78 Times in 46 Posts
Intifada is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
Aslam Alikum Talal. I am here to answer your queries.
1- I am amazed that as a student of mass communication you don't have any know how of politics and contemporary affairs. I think it is the most needed thing in mass communication. if you are not update you are out of the race. So, as per your question my answer is yes. you should start reading newspapers and magazines, explore the internet and visit your university's library.

2- I hope you know what Establishment is ?? The foreign policy is made by Establishment (a combination of army and bureaucracy). So, don't worry you will get the chance to play your role

3- There was a person called Qudrat Ullah Sahab, he was a bureaucrat; a sincere bureaucrat and he survived in this system of black sheep.you can read read his autobiography "Sahab Nama".It would be beneficial for you.

4-I don't know about the exact marks but surely you must secure position in top 50z. start reading from now and don't expect that within days you will be scholar. Learning is a gradual process and you have plenty of time. so, don't worry and start preparing now.

5- Follow these links.

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...eparation.html

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...in-fatima.html

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/beginners...ting-tips.html
(3- There was a person called Qudrat Ullah Sahab, he was a bureaucrat; a sincere bureaucrat and he survived in this system of black sheep.you can read read his autobiography "Sahab Nama".It would be beneficial for you. )
sir i want to confirm the name of the book, is that sahab nama or "shahab nama"?? i found it on google as shahab nama kindly reply. JAZAKA`ALLAH.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Saturday, November 24, 2012
MisbahMalik's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 225
Thanks: 14
Thanked 107 Times in 80 Posts
MisbahMalik is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidis View Post
(3- There was a person called Qudrat Ullah Sahab, he was a bureaucrat; a sincere bureaucrat and he survived in this system of black sheep.you can read read his autobiography "Sahab Nama".It would be beneficial for you. )
sir i want to confirm the name of the book, is that sahab nama or "shahab nama"?? i found it on google as shahab nama kindly reply. JAZAKA`ALLAH.
It is "Shahab Nama" and the name of that bureaucrat was "Qudrat Ullah Shahab" not Sahab.
__________________
There is only one success ... to be able to spend your own life in your own way !!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisbahMalik For This Useful Post:
Intifada (Sunday, November 25, 2012)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heads of State, President, Prime Minister and Cabinet Members Sureshlasi International Relations 29 Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:38 AM
Important C.A topics for CE 2011..! Maha Khan Current Affairs 1 Sunday, January 30, 2011 08:56 AM
Pakistan Relations and forign policy khuhro Current Affairs Notes 0 Sunday, August 22, 2010 09:10 PM
Happy Independence Day Argus Birthdays & Greetings 110 Saturday, August 14, 2010 11:44 PM
FPSC Recruitment Tests safdarmehmood General Knowledge, Quizzes, IQ Tests 2 Sunday, January 25, 2009 04:38 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.