Monday, September 25, 2017
12:10 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Cadres and Training Programmes > Specialized Training Program (STP)

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 8
Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
nadem will become famous soon enough
Post Q & A (Group Preferences, Pros & Cons of different Groups/Services)

Few members of this forum have approached n requested me to start a new thread about group preferences and pros & cons of different groups/services. All members can ask questions, thete can be difference of opinion but do not forget to behave properly, coz am here for helping you guys volunterily...Now a days am having few days off coz of being stuck in a strange transfer issue with almost 26 other PSPs...untill that is resolved i'll b available to answer your queries
Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
aasim aslam abbasi (Tuesday, September 25, 2012), Bozdar Iqbal (Saturday, December 10, 2011), jawwad ahmad (Wednesday, January 25, 2012), Last Island (Sunday, December 11, 2011), maha4799 (Friday, December 16, 2011), MaShWaNeE (Sunday, December 18, 2011), muak (Wednesday, December 14, 2011), pisceankhan (Wednesday, September 17, 2014), student (Sunday, October 20, 2013), Taimoor Gondal (Tuesday, December 04, 2012), waqas001 (Friday, March 21, 2014)
  #2  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
mani1's Avatar
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lahore
Posts: 393
Thanks: 114
Thanked 353 Times in 138 Posts
mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Thanks for the initiative! How do you compare IRS and PCS both in the short term and long term?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 8
Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
nadem will become famous soon enough
Default

IRS has better service structure than PCS, there are around 600 PCS officers whereas there are only 250 Customs posts, so what about rest of the 350 officers??? promotion in PCS is too slow, which is increasing leg pulling culture...so in short term as long as one gets Customs posting by good reference then PCS is better but in longer run IRS is better
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
jawwad ahmad (Wednesday, January 25, 2012), mani1 (Saturday, December 10, 2011), Razzi (Saturday, December 10, 2011)
  #4  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 208
Thanks: 261
Thanked 91 Times in 59 Posts
roijen has a spectacular aura aboutroijen has a spectacular aura about
Default

Sir please make 4 lists. One solely depending upon promotions. Second solely depending on perks. Third solely depending upon ease of service (i.e. the service will have less surprises). Fourth over all and general list which also include your point of view, as you are from the field.

Also if you do not rule out the idea of the fifth one, a list based on sense of achievement/accomplishment.

I have read in the forum that PAAS has swift promotions chances second only to DMG. In such a scenario PSP follows PAAS.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
Taimoor Gondal's Avatar
Diplomat
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mandi Bahauddin
Posts: 1,564
Thanks: 1,658
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,053 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadem View Post
IRS has better service structure than PCS, there are around 600 PCS officers whereas there are only 250 Customs posts, so what about rest of the 350 officers??? promotion in PCS is too slow, which is increasing leg pulling culture...so in short term as long as one gets Customs posting by good reference then PCS is better but in longer run IRS is better
Sir,
please rank these groups.

MLCG
OMG
C&T
PAAS
__________________
Success is never achieved by the size of our brain but it is always achieved by the quality of our thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 8
Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
nadem will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roijen View Post
Sir please make 4 lists. One solely depending upon promotions. Second solely depending on perks. Third solely depending upon ease of service (i.e. the service will have less surprises). Fourth over all and general list which also include your point of view, as you are from the field.

Also if you do not rule out the idea of the fifth one, a list based on sense of achievement/accomplishment.

I have read in the forum that PAAS has swift promotions chances second only to DMG. In such a scenario PSP follows PAAS.

Thank you.
-talking about power ONLY then PSP is best but as per my experience PSP service is enjoyable for just 7,8 years
-In terms of Promotion DMG is the fastest, then comes PAAS, next is FSP and then comes PSP..the promotion problem will come in PSP when 28th CTP of PSP will b promoted in BPS-20...Coz there are 60 PSP officers in 28th CTP, this will make promotion.ultra slow for later commons,next problem would be 36 PSPs of 37th CTP,the later batches will face serious issue coz there are limited posts of BPS-20 & above in PSP
-Interms of ease of job, i think Customs/IRS are good but they have other draw backs like lack.of nuisence value,lack of power and slow promotion
-The group in which you get everuthing i.e Power,nuisence value,officers' unity and fastest possible promotion, is DMG no boubt...

Last edited by nadem; Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 07:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Wednesday, February 22, 2012), balochpervez (Saturday, December 22, 2012), Hamza Salick (Sunday, January 29, 2012), muak (Wednesday, December 14, 2011), naeemzahid786 (Thursday, July 30, 2015), Razzi (Saturday, December 10, 2011), roijen (Sunday, December 11, 2011)
  #7  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 8
Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
nadem will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimoor gondal View Post
sir,
please rank these groups.

Mlcg
omg
c&t
paas
paas
mlcg
omg
c & t
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
Razzi (Saturday, December 10, 2011), Taimoor Gondal (Saturday, December 10, 2011), zabee8 (Wednesday, December 05, 2012)
  #8  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
Taimoor Gondal's Avatar
Diplomat
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mandi Bahauddin
Posts: 1,564
Thanks: 1,658
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,053 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadem View Post
paas
mlcg
omg
c & t
Rate my group preference
PSP
DMG
FSP
IRS
PCS
PAAS
MLCG
OMG
C&T
Information
Railway
Postal
__________________
Success is never achieved by the size of our brain but it is always achieved by the quality of our thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 169
Thanks: 48
Thanked 78 Times in 47 Posts
camran will become famous soon enough
Default

Sir thank you very much for helping us.

Can you please elaborate what you mean “as per my experience PSP service is enjoyable for just 7,8 years”? Do you mean monotony that crepts in due to the same “police-chor” game? Or does it mean tough routine etc?

Can you explain the future of DMG group? The reason is that every government that comes up with local government ordinance aims at curtailing their powers [2001 ordinance a case in point]So do you think it is far-fetched when I speculate that, although currently having almost the pre-devolution powers, DMG might be subject to these ordinances again and again?

There are people who say that DMG depends upon on posting to posting. So one day you can be DCO and you get many advantages but the other day you can be a chairman of some unknown planning body/committee and don’t even get the vehicle. How much of it is true? If yes, then do you think its worth it?

Can you tell what is the career growth [holistically] in PSP vs DMG?

Lastly, Please comment on my group selection

Police Service of Pakistan,
District Management Group,
Military Lands & Cantonments Group,
Foreign Service of Pakistan,
Inland Revenue Service,
Office Management Group,
Pakistan Customs Service,
Commerce and Trade Group,
Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service,
Postal Group,
Information Group
Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Saturday, December 10, 2011
29th CTP, 3rd (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2000 - Merit 3rdMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 79
Thanks: 8
Thanked 204 Times in 72 Posts
nadem will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimoor Gondal View Post
Rate my group preference
PSP
DMG
FSP
IRS
PCS
PAAS
MLCG
OMG
C&T
Information
Railway
Postal
It is ok...PSP/DMG preference is aptitude based and one cant judge his/herself aptitude untill he/she is part of the service...so best of luck
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nadem For This Useful Post:
balochpervez (Saturday, December 22, 2012), Razzi (Saturday, December 10, 2011), sajid malik (Sunday, December 11, 2011), Taimoor Gondal (Saturday, December 10, 2011)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CE 2009 Allocations Announced Mossavir Wazir CSS 2009 Exam 108 Monday, October 21, 2013 05:12 PM
Top 44 Rich people of Pakistan farasat_ali General Knowledge, Quizzes, IQ Tests 0 Tuesday, February 08, 2011 02:09 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.