Sunday, March 26, 2023
08:45 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Cadres and Training Programmes > Specialized Training Program (STP) > Military Lands & Cantonments Group

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old Thursday, December 02, 2010
dr.ali.zaidi's Avatar
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Karachi
Posts: 181
Thanks: 22
Thanked 128 Times in 73 Posts
dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
Having lived most of my life in cantts and being son of a senior army officer I have following observations about MLCG.

MLCG is a decent and nice group but I totally disagree with the rosy picture painted about this group in this thread. MLCG is far behind IRS and PAAS, what to talk of DMG or PSP. I disagree that their perks and privileges are better than DMG or PSP. Secondly, "afsari" comes when there is a great deal of public dealing involved. Whereas, CEO mostly deals with serving and retired army officials (the real afsars). He has to obey the station commander (serving brigadier) and even Colonel Staff (serving colonel) of GOC. The CEO can't even refuse an ADC (serving captain) of the GOC. He can’t say no to any army officer in the course of his duty. Having lived in the cantonment areas all my life I know how the CEO is treated by the army officers. Thirdly, there is a lot of bribery and corruption involved in this group from bottom to top. The house that is given to the CEO is usually pre-partition built and its like a dark old bungalow full of cockroaches and other insecticides. Whereas, a DCO gets a well maintained lavish 22 canals house full of dedicated servants and armed police guards.

Another point is authority. Dr Ali Zaidi says that CEO is part of a military bureaucracy (I just couldn’t stop laughing when I read this). The realty is that military bureaucracy consists only of serving army officers. Its chain of command lies in the GHQ and its reigns are in the hands of Corp Commanders. A CEO in his wildest dreams can never become a part of a military bureaucracy. And MLCG officers are considered either outcasts or unimportant when it comes to civilian bureaucracy. This group has absolutely no role in policy making even at the cantonment board level. CEO only carries out the farmans of military bosses. And in the cantonment areas he is usually addressed as “rashi” (bribe taker). On the other hand DMG, PSP, IRS and PAAS officers are the REAL bureaucracy of this country. They are the ones who have the major role in policy making and implementation.

Yet another misconception is that it is considered that MLCG is very close to the army circles and hence this group is very influential or resourceful. In reality army officers have totally different mindset and psyche. Even the civilians working in the ISI are considered outsiders or bloody civilians (as Kamran Shafi would have it). And it is useless to expect that you can get personal favors from the army officers. Army officers believe in "an arms's distance" when it comes to dealing with non army people. The crux is that MLCG group has no independent identity or authority like DMG or PSP. I personally know a retired MEO living in a rented 2 room apartment in defense as he had to sell his plots (his only precious possessions from MLCG) to afford education to his sons in the UK. And about his relations with senior army officers he says “un ki gernailee ka muhje koi faida nahi hai” and “they don’t even attend my phone” and “na eid mubarik sms ka reply kiya”. This was his response when I asked him why he didn’t ask the GOC to get his son admitted in NED University. After serving this group for so many years under the nose of army officers this chap is still stranger in army circles and civilian bureaucracy. Finally, when I asked him if I should place MLCG in my top four group preference? He replied that I should place this group lower than IRS and PAAS .

However, MLCG officer do get a government vehicle. And if his conscious is dead then he can get the cantonment board employees to work at his house as personal servants. But again this is not their privilege but corruption. They live in peaceful but boring places called cants and their kids study mostly in Army Public Schools. All in all a very low exposure and scope throughout service.

If you are offended by this post then please ignore it. However, it is my belief that one should not misguide juniors/css aspirants/qualifiers about any particular group. Therefore, I shared my honest and genuine observation about this group.

cheers,
floydian
Exactly!!! See if people related to army do not like this group then it means that this group has something!!
and by the way I can write a detailed reply of every argument that he has raised but i don't find any need to do so cuz aqalband k lye ishara hi kafi he

@ Mossavir.. dude this guy used to live with CEOs but unfortunately doesn't know anything real about them... or may be its sour-grapism besides i was talking to a senior major friend of mine and he told me that he had been calling CEO for 2 weeks for some tree that is against his house but CEO doesn't even heed him due to the attitude.. (however thats wrong because CEO must heed to my major friend cuz after all army people are so helpless when it come 'out of their house' issue

Last edited by dr.ali.zaidi; Thursday, December 02, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.ali.zaidi For This Useful Post:
mjkhan (Thursday, December 02, 2010)
  #42  
Old Thursday, December 02, 2010
Mossavir Wazir's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 128
Thanks: 4
Thanked 189 Times in 79 Posts
Mossavir Wazir will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
Exactly!!! See if people related to army do not like this group then it means that this group has something!!

@ Mossavir.. dude this guy used to live with CEOs but unfortunately doesn't know anything real about them... or may be its sour-grapism
Zaidi Sahab you said it all.
__________________
Doing your best means never stop trying !!
  #43  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
38th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 702
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: karachi
Posts: 197
Thanks: 53
Thanked 113 Times in 83 Posts
rizvan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up opinion leader

ali it wud b better if u reply to his arguments in detail so dat ppl here who r not much akalmand cud get the true picture of mlc n cud not b misguided.there r many newbies who passed dis year n are yet to decide grp preference n dere wud b many in cuming years who wud read ur replies. mayb ur arguments wud convince dem to opt for mlc n enjoy the bounties of dis grp
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck;Strong men believe in cause and effect.
Being defeated is often a temporary condition,Giving up is what makes it permanent.
  #44  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
Zohaib Baloch's Avatar
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  16
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 165
Thanks: 66
Thanked 189 Times in 101 Posts
Zohaib Baloch will become famous soon enough
Default

With no offence to anybody.IRS and PAAS are way better than MLCG.Every group is unique.May be somebody prefers a certain group with certain cons.Promotion is slow and the group is also under axe of civil service reform unit.Exposure is limited to MEO or CEO.No horizontal mobility and slow vertical one.Station Commander is the Chairman of Cantt Board and CEO is the secretary.DG MLCG use to be an Army Officer of the rank of Maj Gen.Now one thing is for sure no one is king.Everybody is accountable to some authority.That is the check and balance.However the picture is not as rosy as painted by proponents or as bleak as painted by opponents. The truth lies in the middle
__________________
Yes,the first morning of creation wrote what the last dawn of reckoning shall read.Omer Khayyam.

If you must say yes, say it with an open heart. If you must say no, say it without fear.
Coelho

Last edited by Zohaib Baloch; Friday, December 03, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zohaib Baloch For This Useful Post:
Arfeen Zubair (Friday, December 03, 2010), Faisal Rana (Wednesday, December 08, 2010), floydian (Friday, December 03, 2010), rizvan (Friday, December 03, 2010), ThePhoenix (Monday, December 20, 2010)
  #45  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
Farid_Asclepius's Avatar
41st CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 58
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Caucasian Snows
Posts: 53
Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Farid_Asclepius is on a distinguished road
Default

yes Mosser you are quite right...... Mr flytodian has vented his spleen on civilians usually considered less mortals by arrogant army generals.........His words smell some personal grudge,tinged with sour grapism.........he felt insecure thats why dicouraged the budding aspirants.....And we are not here to adress his insecurities.........
__________________
I will love the sun for it warms my bones;yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
  #46  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
Usman Cheema's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Islamabad/Sialkot
Posts: 712
Thanks: 183
Thanked 690 Times in 444 Posts
Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light
Default

It has been a very informative thread for the aspirants and it will help them a lot in selecting the group preferences. We were seeing a very rosy picture of MLCG shown by Mr. Ali and Mossavir but Mr. Floydian has come up with reasonable arguments and it seems that his arguments possess some weight so the supporters of this group are definitely required to reply his arguments with logic.
__________________
It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Usman Cheema For This Useful Post:
floydian (Friday, December 03, 2010)
  #47  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 204
Thanks: 6
Thanked 59 Times in 43 Posts
Amir Shafique is on a distinguished road
Default

Simple logic is that majority of the aspirants keep MLCG amongst the last few groups. Now the majority can't be wrong. There are definitely some major setbacks in this group that people with low in merit get allocated to it. The most obvious ones are narrow scope and slow promotions. One cannot overlook the fact that your batch mates get promoted and you are stuck in the same grade. After all, in the long run it is progress that matters and plays a decisive role for job satisfaction. For those, who think MLCG is everything..Guys! start looking at the bigger picture.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amir Shafique For This Useful Post:
Eager (Friday, December 03, 2010), floydian (Friday, December 03, 2010), rizvan (Friday, December 03, 2010)
  #48  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
greenhorn's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S
Posts: 218
Thanks: 74
Thanked 77 Times in 58 Posts
greenhorn is on a distinguished road
Default

After reading all the posts above, i am in a fix to put DMG/PSP at top or MLC.
@Ali zaidi, please put your arguments so it can help us in deciding our future group.
__________________
The only thing we have to fear is fear Itself !! :O
  #49  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: floydian672@gmail.com
Posts: 404
Thanks: 441
Thanked 494 Times in 237 Posts
floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default

A hollow lentil makes more noise.

Mossavir I know where you are coming from and who knows I would have done the same had I been in your place. But keep in mind that it is not a nice thing to misguide others when you happen to know the ground realities.

I refuse to indulge in mudslinging and personal attacks. As far army is concerned then I would like to ask who is trying to show off or impress others regarding army connections or support. Fools paradise is a nice place to live but not for those who are aware of the harsh realities of life. You can see that I have mentioned DMG,PSP,IRS and PAAS as the real policy makers and cream of civilian bureaucracy in my first post but no comment has been provided on that.

The point of soar-grapeism doesnít fit to my current status (CSS qualifier). I know Iíll be allocated because of Sindh Urban quota. And rest assured that I wonít go beyond my top four group choices as far as allocations are concerned. However, the case of soar-grapesim can easily be proved from this very thread against those who are trying to belittle IRS, DMG, PAAS and PSP. Following are some soar grapes (for instance)

Soar grapesim regarding DMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
The only thing in which DMG officers are better than us is promotion and being federal secretary but we dont mind that because when you are in your late 50s, you need to rest and enjoy the terminal service and I wouldn't like to work like a donkey at that stage even they give me designation of Federal secretary.
Soar grapesim regarding PSP and Customs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
No night patrol of police but contact with agencies. No need to be a politicians' sycophant but enjoying power more than DMG. I personally hate corruption but for those who want to go to hell, more money than you can mint in any dept. (yes more than customs.. and who get posting at ports in customs by the way :P )
Soar grapesim regarding IRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
Full afsari life style.. not like IRS people sitting in a cabin wearing a tie and going crazy due to work load.
A proud and satisfied soul has not much to brag about. However, there is lot of bragging going on in this thread. For example

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
All the facilities of army like clubs, messes, and even plots.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
Now basically MLC has the facilities of ICS officers (present DMG is no match for that) in a setting of army. Like Civil services k mazay aur army k sashkay
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
In fact, i dont feel like working for next attempt cuz i dont find any group better than this
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
Just to add here, DMG officers are posted as DDO revenue of a small area of city. There are several DDOs working parallel to him. However, as far as CEO is concerned, our 17th grade officer commands the area of DMG's or PSPs 18th or 19th grade officer. and we dont have just the revenue but we have even more powers than DCO. Beside, we dont have to make politicians happy to get a posting and army is always there to make us a combo of civil and military bureaucracy.
Now let me continue with the discussion. The only reason that I am posting in this thread is not because I want to win some argument by lying, showing off or twisting the real picture but to provide the juniors, css aspirants and qualifiers an actual insight about MLCG. I repeat my words that it is a nice and decent group. You get good facilities like government vehicle, residence and an excellent office. However, this group also has demerits like snail pace promotions, working under constant pressure from army officers, low exposure regarding public dealing, no or very limited prospects of getting into bureaucratic hierarchy and policy making, no independent authority as it is the Cantonment Board whose ex-officio president is a Station Commander (serving brigadier) which normally decides and lays down policies. CEO only executes these policies and he is under tight scrutiny of the Board members.

If you ONLY want roti, kapra, makan, car and malee then please do not hesitate to join this group. But if you want roti, kapra, makan, car and mallee plus independent authority, identity, fast promotions to higher grades like 20 and above, providing services to the general public, self respect and above all recognition than consider revising your decision and go for PSP, DMG, IRS, PAAS, Customs, FSP, Railways or Postal group. But if you have to choose between IG, C&TG and MLCG then go for MLCG.

Plus I would like to advise the juniors that you donít have to believe in what I am saying or others are saying about MLCG. You must consult your own sources and rely on your own judgment and donít be confused about your decisions.

Finally, to Dr Ali Zaidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ali.zaidi View Post
i was talking to a senior major friend of mine and he told me that he had been calling CEO for 2 weeks for some tree that is against his house but CEO doesn't even heed him due to the attitude.. (however thats wrong because CEO must heed to my major friend cuz after all army people are so helpless when it come 'out of their house' issue
Hmm you are trying to be a spin doctor now. Previously you were saying that how Pak army makes you a combo meal and how resourceful (showing your dependence on Pak army) it is and now you are saying that army is dependent on MLCG to get little things done as if army is not that resourceful. Donít you feel there is an element audacious contradiction in your posts?

Like it or not an army officer does not need to bother any subordinate authority to get a tree removed. Tell your ďsenior major friendĒ that if he is in active army service then get two or three army jawans from the unit to cut the tree and dispose it off.

cheers,
floydian
__________________
Police Service of Pakistan (PSP)
39th Common Training Program
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Fatima47 (Tuesday, September 06, 2011), Hamza Salick (Sunday, July 17, 2011), mjkhan (Friday, December 03, 2010), ThePhoenix (Monday, December 20, 2010), tknw01 (Monday, December 20, 2010), Usman Cheema (Friday, December 03, 2010), Zainab S (Saturday, November 15, 2014)
  #50  
Old Friday, December 03, 2010
38th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 702
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: karachi
Posts: 197
Thanks: 53
Thanked 113 Times in 83 Posts
rizvan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

i m wondering y dere is no stp for mlc when dere is long stp for most of the other impt. groups?
__________________
Shallow men believe in luck;Strong men believe in cause and effect.
Being defeated is often a temporary condition,Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overview Of The Economy free thinker Pakistan Affairs 5 Tuesday, February 11, 2014 01:24 PM
Solved Everyday Science Papers Dilrauf General Science & Ability 4 Friday, April 08, 2011 06:10 PM
Real picture of education in Pakistan Masood Ahmed2010 News & Articles 0 Monday, May 17, 2010 10:26 AM
Theory of Ideas Khuram Discussion 2 Saturday, June 24, 2006 07:26 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.