Thursday, October 22, 2020
11:15 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Cadres and Training Programmes > Specialized Training Program (STP) > Office Management Group

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Tuesday, June 11, 2013
aminshah101's Avatar
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sialkot
Posts: 789
Thanks: 86
Thanked 603 Times in 296 Posts
aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Question How to survive in meager salary in Islamabad during service in OMG?

Assalam o Alaikum.

Dear seniors and my fellows out here,

I need to know that if allocated in OMG how can one survive in Islamabad under a meager salary? As far as I have inferred from what people have said, OMG officers do not get an official vehicle as well as home during Grades 17 and 18 . Even in Grade 19, there is little bit of chance about car.

About home, I have heard even Grade 20 officers are rarely given an official accommodation.

If I am not wrong, the monthly gross pay of a fresh Grade 17 officer, as of now, is Rs. 36,514/- and the monthly net pay after deductions is Rs. 33,369/-.

If one has to rent a house in Islamabad, the minimum rent would be Rs. 20,000/-.

Then how can one survive in the costly city of Islamabad with remaining 13,000 odd rupees?

I have also been told by my colleagues in my current organization that an option of hiring is also available which, according to them, means I surrender my house rent of Rs. 4,433/-, rent a house and the Government of Pakistan will pay Rs. 12,000/- per month to the landlord . Is it true or a false illusion?? If true, who can apply for this option and how??

I know serving the country is a priority but one needs to get real as well. One can perform well only when he is personally at peace.

Plus, also throw some light upon the staff working under a Section Officer and the authority of SO over them.

I need your valuable input on the issue. Thank you .
__________________
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aminshah101 For This Useful Post:
aniya warraich (Wednesday, June 12, 2013)
  #2  
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Saladin's Avatar
40th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 758
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Karachi
Posts: 50
Thanks: 30
Thanked 46 Times in 25 Posts
Saladin will become famous soon enough
Default

Whatever you mentioned above is absolutely true. The OMG officers face this dire situation in Islamabad. Low salary, no accommodation, no vehicle and the most expensive city of Pakistan. Plus in BS-17 & 18 there is hardly any authority and recognition as a section officer. You will never feel privileged as a CSP officer. I suggest my dear colleagues to keep this group as low as possible in preferences.
__________________
One who stands for nothing
Will fall for anything
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saladin For This Useful Post:
aniya warraich (Wednesday, June 12, 2013)
  #3  
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 407
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Karachi
Posts: 104
Thanks: 225
Thanked 97 Times in 53 Posts
aniya warraich is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
Whatever you mentioned above is absolutely true. The OMG officers face this dire situation in Islamabad. Low salary, no accommodation, no vehicle and the most expensive city of Pakistan. Plus in BS-17 & 18 there is hardly any authority and recognition as a section officer. You will never feel privileged as a CSP officer. I suggest my dear colleagues to keep this group as low as possible in preferences.
Now this is quite discouraging...! Isn't there any way out? I have heard that the job nature of Dmg and Omg is same with some differences. Sir, by showing us this bleak picture of OMG you are making us believe that even railways and postal are better than this dept as far as the facilities are concerned...
What if I don't have the requisite source to get deputed to some lucrative dept and others would reap a bonanza....!!!
__________________
It is not the ability but desire that creates success....!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
aminshah101's Avatar
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sialkot
Posts: 789
Thanks: 86
Thanked 603 Times in 296 Posts
aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
Whatever you mentioned above is absolutely true. The OMG officers face this dire situation in Islamabad. Low salary, no accommodation, no vehicle and the most expensive city of Pakistan. Plus in BS-17 & 18 there is hardly any authority and recognition as a section officer. You will never feel privileged as a CSP officer. I suggest my dear colleagues to keep this group as low as possible in preferences.
Well, that's alarming. That can call for a tough time. Kindly throw some light about this Hiring concept. Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
__________________
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Xing Lee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 236
Thanks: 91
Thanked 186 Times in 87 Posts
Xing Lee is on a distinguished road
Default

All of the above is true. That is the reason I'm not going to join any other service if I don't get my first preference i.e. FSP. I have a professional CS degree and will try to gather my rizq from that source instead of civil services.

I know I wasn't of any help but I wanted to point this out so that new aspirants can make up their minds on what they want to achieve out of CSS.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xing Lee For This Useful Post:
Seemab (Wednesday, June 19, 2013), useful (Wednesday, November 12, 2014)
  #6  
Old Wednesday, June 12, 2013
mechrose37's Avatar
41st CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 101, CE 2013 - Merit 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 306
Thanks: 561
Thanked 323 Times in 150 Posts
mechrose37 has a spectacular aura aboutmechrose37 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Saladin Sir,

What about the deputations in other ministries and international organisations which presents an OMG officer with bright future ????????
Besides,tell what is the take home salary of a newly appointed CSP SO ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Thursday, June 13, 2013
UnImaginable's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 48
Thanks: 14
Thanked 44 Times in 24 Posts
UnImaginable is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Well, that's alarming. That can call for a tough time. Kindly throw some light about this Hiring concept. Your help in this regard would be highly appreciated.
What you have heard is true. Hiring means that Government pays for your house rent to your land lord. You will not get your house rent allowance which is the amount you mentioned. Hiring differs from scale to scale...A BS-17 Officer gets around 15,000 of house rent. I am not confirmed about the exact amount but it is more than 12,000. My father is an OMG officer of Grade 20. An offical car is available but accommodation is the big problem. Hiring is around 20,000. So, in the end you will have to pay form your own pocket because the house rents are far more than the hiring.
While in service you apply for the hiring facility. Your house will be checked by the officials to confirm whether it has the required covered area for your grade.
Thats it.
__________________
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. (George S. Patton)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UnImaginable For This Useful Post:
aminshah101 (Sunday, June 16, 2013), idealsome (Wednesday, October 02, 2013)
  #8  
Old Friday, June 14, 2013
Saladin's Avatar
40th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 758
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Karachi
Posts: 50
Thanks: 30
Thanked 46 Times in 25 Posts
Saladin will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechrose37 View Post
Saladin Sir,

What about the deputations in other ministries and international organisations which presents an OMG officer with bright future ????????
Besides,tell what is the take home salary of a newly appointed CSP SO ?
My dear, to go on deputations you need strong links and contacts. Take home salary is around 35000. Thats it, no other facilities. For a bright future, earn a foreign degree on government's expense, resign and move to greener pastures.

Truth is often hard to swallow, but if I had painted a rosy picture then you people will be shocked when you see the reality yourself, so its better to make the right decision. And yes Postal and Railways are much better in the shorter run. All the best
__________________
One who stands for nothing
Will fall for anything
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Saladin For This Useful Post:
aminshah101 (Monday, August 22, 2016), Descendant of Saul (Friday, June 14, 2013), idealsome (Wednesday, October 02, 2013), mechrose37 (Friday, June 14, 2013)
  #9  
Old Sunday, June 16, 2013
aminshah101's Avatar
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sialkot
Posts: 789
Thanks: 86
Thanked 603 Times in 296 Posts
aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lee View Post
All of the above is true. That is the reason I'm not going to join any other service if I don't get my first preference i.e. FSP. I have a professional CS degree and will try to gather my rizq from that source instead of civil services.

I know I wasn't of any help but I wanted to point this out so that new aspirants can make up their minds on what they want to achieve out of CSS.

Good luck with your future endeavors.
Well dear, I am currently at a miserable 33k salary with no other facility except Medical Cover. That's it. If the hiring via surrender of House Rent is there, the pay indirectly crosses 45000 insn't it?. But again, it all depends on the environment, authority and other related factors.

By the way, FSP is not that highly paid either. Story would be more or less the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnImaginable View Post
What you have heard is true. Hiring means that Government pays for your house rent to your land lord. You will not get your house rent allowance which is the amount you mentioned. Hiring differs from scale to scale...A BS-17 Officer gets around 15,000 of house rent. I am not confirmed about the exact amount but it is more than 12,000. My father is an OMG officer of Grade 20. An offical car is available but accommodation is the big problem. Hiring is around 20,000. So, in the end you will have to pay form your own pocket because the house rents are far more than the hiring.
While in service you apply for the hiring facility. Your house will be checked by the officials to confirm whether it has the required covered area for your grade.
Thats it.
Well, my father was from DMG and is retired now. The picture that he posed to me about OMG was more or less same as what you have said to me.

I need to know whether everyone who applies for hiring gets it or is it applicable to few Privileged People???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
My dear, to go on deputations you need strong links and contacts. Take home salary is around 35000. Thats it, no other facilities. For a bright future, earn a foreign degree on government's expense, resign and move to greener pastures.

Truth is often hard to swallow, but if I had painted a rosy picture then you people will be shocked when you see the reality yourself, so its better to make the right decision. And yes Postal and Railways are much better in the shorter run. All the best
Hmmm.... Thanks sir. Let's see where do we land up. What's the work environment of OMG as an SO by the way? Grade 19 onwards to I believe it would be same across the board. But I need to know about 17 & 18 grades.
__________________
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sunday, June 16, 2013
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Karachi
Posts: 299
Thanks: 89
Thanked 79 Times in 67 Posts
Jetpack2 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
My dear, to go on deputations you need strong links and contacts. Take home salary is around 35000. Thats it, no other facilities. For a bright future, earn a foreign degree on government's expense, resign and move to greener pastures.

Truth is often hard to swallow, but if I had painted a rosy picture then you people will be shocked when you see the reality yourself, so its better to make the right decision. And yes Postal and Railways are much better in the shorter run. All the best
Respected Mr Saladin, this might be out of topic, but its an important question. Hope you would answer.

How would you rate PCS (customs) and CTG group in terms of perks and privileges? I have heard there is double pay in FBR jobs. Moreover I am interested in joining CTG, so can you tell me that do CTG officials get accommodation and car and is CTG better than OMG ?

Thanks and Regards.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jetpack2 For This Useful Post:
aniya warraich (Monday, June 17, 2013)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Occupations of CSS Groups Naseer Ahmed Chandio CSS Competitive Examination 6 2 Days Ago 07:07 PM
Nab result of psychological test / interview call ???? MYG2010 National Accountability Bureau (NAB) 4252 Tuesday, September 08, 2020 11:46 AM
NAB Result Announced: Please Share Your Marks sarfaraz shami National Accountability Bureau (NAB) 240 Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:07 PM
The Politics of Civil Service Reform in Pakistan maliasghar News & Articles 2 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 02:19 PM
indo-pak relations atifch Current Affairs 0 Monday, December 11, 2006 08:01 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.