Saturday, April 04, 2020
01:09 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > English (Precis & Composition) > Expansion/Paragraph

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Monday, November 29, 2010
Eager's Avatar
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 364
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 377 Times in 153 Posts
Eager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the rough
Default Plz critically evaluate this expansion

A WISE MAN IS A MAN WHO KNOWS HE IS A FOOL

Most of the people in our world know less; yet they feel themselves over-brimming with the treasures of intelligence and therefore proclaim to be wise. Whilst some are those who know much; but by virtue of their humility they feel to know nothing and confidently confess to have follies in their brains. Actually, the former ones are fools; the latter ones wise.

The fools rely solely on their self-proclamation of prudence and decline to assess their abilities. Their wisdom; whatever part they have of it, demands them not to show any signs of ignorance, lest they will be accused of folly. Consequently, they are likely to keep their decadent state through out their lives. On the contrary, wise men always have humbleness by their side to protect them from the clutches of arrogance which tends to emanate from excessive knowledge. Newton, the great physicist who was even applauded by Pope in such heavenly words

"Nature and nature's laws lay hid in night
God said, 'Let Newton be', and all was light"

never declared himself any wiser than a lay man. But in our daily life we meet numerous men, boasting themselves to be the best in intellect; and most of the times, without any evaluation of their talents.

It is true, however, that humans cannot be called completely wise or fool in their persons. But fools blur whatever wisdom they have been given by their foolishness. Whereas the wise, triumphantly hide whatever dupery they
have in their character by means of their wisdom.

(252 words)
__________________
Whatever is important will remain; whatever is useless will disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sunday, December 05, 2010
Eager's Avatar
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 364
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 377 Times in 153 Posts
Eager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the rough
Default

Oh please...I'll be grateful..actually this is my first expansion and i want to take expert opinion whether i have followed the rules and have expanded it correctly or not. I think, in this expansion i shouldn't have quoted Pope or shouldn't have quoted in the way i have..what do you say?
thanks in advance
__________________
Whatever is important will remain; whatever is useless will disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Monday, December 06, 2010
mussaa's Avatar
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: on your nerves
Posts: 475
Thanks: 228
Thanked 341 Times in 227 Posts
mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager View Post
Oh please...I'll be grateful..actually this is my first expansion and i want to take expert opinion whether i have followed the rules and have expanded it correctly or not.
thanks in advance
actually what Shakespeare says " a fool doth think he is wise but the wise man knows himself to be a fool "

or
" only a fool knows everything , a wise man knows how little he knows.
" anonymous.

so from where did you get the above mentioned quote.

your expansion is not upto the mark. I explain you how to make an expansion then you 'll feel the difference.
__________________
Shabdon mein kya tareef karoon aap ki MUSSAA
Aap shabdon mein kahan bandh payenge.
Kabhi mere aankhon mein jhaank kar dekho,
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Merged
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mussaa For This Useful Post:
Eager (Monday, December 06, 2010)
  #4  
Old Monday, December 06, 2010
Eager's Avatar
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 364
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 377 Times in 153 Posts
Eager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussaa View Post
actually what Shakespeare says " a fool doth think he is wise but the wise man knows himself to be a fool "

or
" only a fool knows everything , a wise man knows how little he knows.
" anonymous.

so from where did you get the above mentioned quote.
There was an essay in some book with this title, so I thought of expanding it, didn't know then that it was Shakespeare's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussaa View Post
your expansion is not upto the mark. I explain you how to make an expansion then you 'll feel the difference.
thanks but plz asap

plz also correct me and guide me if you've noticed any flaw in sentence structure, vocabulary or any other grammatical aspect. Is my language according to the required standards?
__________________
Whatever is important will remain; whatever is useless will disappear.

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Monday, December 06, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Saturday, December 11, 2010
mussaa's Avatar
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: on your nerves
Posts: 475
Thanks: 228
Thanked 341 Times in 227 Posts
mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager View Post
@ mussaa


when this day will come??? remind kara rahi hoon, aap bhool jatay hain na is liye
ok. eager pehle ap ye kr k dekhao mujhe. phr main apko bataon ga k kaise krte hain.aur khud se sochna hai quotation ka mtlb puchna nahi hai kisi se.
It is excellent to have a giant strength but it is tyrannical to use it like a gaint.
pehle se expand kro.

kal tak kr lena. ap bhi na bhool jana meri trha
__________________
Shabdon mein kya tareef karoon aap ki MUSSAA
Aap shabdon mein kahan bandh payenge.
Kabhi mere aankhon mein jhaank kar dekho,
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Saturday, December 11, 2010
Eager's Avatar
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 364
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 377 Times in 153 Posts
Eager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the rough
Default

It is excellent to have a giant strength but it is tyrannical to use it like a gaint.

Who does not love strength? Who does not desire power? Since its inception man has always been in search of ways to gain power; to control his own kind; to rule the land; to conquer the skies. And many a times he succeeded in his efforts. Some gained power of body, some of mind.

When man reigned the realm of knowledge and brought forth favors for humans, he earned not only power and pelf but dignity and respect. When he commanded war fields to earn freedom for his lot, he was esteemed as a god. It is the same strength that made Samson a hero, it is the same power that made Martin Luther King, a symbol of freedom and liberty. But all the heroes of this world were made heroes only when they used their might and valor for the good of their people. Whenever man used his colossal powers cruelly, he was regarded as a tyrant. History does not remember his Herculean power, it simply condemns it. Who talks in favor of Hitler? Ask any Japanese the benefits of having nuclear power. The answers stare us in the face! There is no need to go back even. We have ample examples in present where the oppressors receive stones and shoes from public as signs of disapproval.

Although, Providence gives men giant-like powers as opportunity of becoming legends, but many prefer being a tyrant and use this privilege like a giant.
__________________
Whatever is important will remain; whatever is useless will disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Saturday, December 11, 2010
mussaa's Avatar
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: on your nerves
Posts: 475
Thanks: 228
Thanked 341 Times in 227 Posts
mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default its surgery time

mistakes:
1) heap of vocabulary
2) Unable to grab and explain the meaning and basic theme of quotation
3) It seems that it is an essay written about strength
4) Then it seems like it is an essay about how people achieved greatness
5) ideas are not in a rhythm
6) repetition of points
7) No need of phrases
8) examples quoted are not relevant

you should adopt the following pattern :

1) Meaning ( just simplify the quotation and give its meaning in simple words)
2) Explanation ( explain the quotation )
3) Give relevant examples
4) conclusion

write again.
__________________
Shabdon mein kya tareef karoon aap ki MUSSAA
Aap shabdon mein kahan bandh payenge.
Kabhi mere aankhon mein jhaank kar dekho,
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mussaa For This Useful Post:
Abar e Rehmat (Friday, February 25, 2011), Eager (Sunday, December 12, 2010)
  #8  
Old Sunday, December 12, 2010
Eager's Avatar
40th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 364
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 356
Thanks: 1,199
Thanked 377 Times in 153 Posts
Eager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the roughEager is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussaa View Post
mistakes:
1) heap of vocabulary
2) Unable to grab and explain the meaning and basic theme of quotation
3) It seems that it is an essay written about strength
4) Then it seems like it is an essay about how people achieved greatness
5) ideas are not in a rhythm
6) repetition of points
7) No need of phrases
8) examples quoted are not relevant
Itni saari mistakes...mjhay to laga tha main ne bohat achhi expansion likhi hai okay main dobara likhti hoon lekin ye vocabulary ka kya problem hai mjhay samjh nahi aya. vocab suitable nahi hai ya kya. heap of vocab matlab zada kese hai?? unfamiliar words hain?? or ghalat vocab use ki hai???
__________________
Whatever is important will remain; whatever is useless will disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sunday, December 12, 2010
mussaa's Avatar
38th CTP (IG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 -Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: on your nerves
Posts: 475
Thanks: 228
Thanked 341 Times in 227 Posts
mussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura aboutmussaa has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eager View Post
Itni saari mistakes...mjhay to laga tha main ne bohat achhi expansion likhi hai okay main dobara likhti hoon lekin ye vocabulary ka kya problem hai mjhay samjh nahi aya. vocab suitable nahi hai ya kya. heap of vocab matlab zada kese hai?? unfamiliar words hain?? or ghalat vocab use ki hai???
over use hai .acha likho per itna over use na kro vocabulary ka .And ther are wrong use of vocabulary too as pelf is mostly used in negative sense. The more you make it complex the more will be the chances of error.
__________________
Shabdon mein kya tareef karoon aap ki MUSSAA
Aap shabdon mein kahan bandh payenge.
Kabhi mere aankhon mein jhaank kar dekho,
Hazaron alfaz khud-b-khud bikhar jayenge.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mussaa For This Useful Post:
Eager (Sunday, December 12, 2010)
  #10  
Old Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Shahid Shakoor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 472
Thanks: 112
Thanked 390 Times in 229 Posts
Shahid Shakoor has a spectacular aura aboutShahid Shakoor has a spectacular aura about
Default Mussa bhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid Shakoor View Post
sir ji agr ap ye expansion likhty to kasy likhtay?????

please paste your expansion here so that we can take benefits from it...

thanking you in anticipation
plz give sample of ur expansion here for guidance
__________________
Main ne Allah ko Apny irado ke tootany se pehchana":Hazrat Ali (RA)"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restructuring The Un Security Council sohailpkdr Current Affairs 1 Friday, July 29, 2011 10:04 AM
Critically evaluate: Procrastination is the theft of time koyar2002 Expansion/Paragraph 0 Friday, October 22, 2010 10:07 PM
Lets solve the IR past papers dr.atifrana International Relations 1 Saturday, May 09, 2009 10:22 PM
Expansion of NATO Aarwaa Current Affairs Notes 4 Saturday, April 12, 2008 01:57 PM
Japanese Expansion amy International Relations 0 Friday, February 01, 2008 06:52 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.