Thursday, August 18, 2022
01:34 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Essay > Essays

Essays Essays here

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #91  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 142
Thanks: 76
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Acidius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
Voilence is the last refuge of the Incompetent

1. Introduction
2. Psychological underpinnings of voilence being the last resort of an incompetent individual:
a. The Dunning–Kruger effect
b. The fight or flight response
c. McClealland's Need theory/The Three Needs Theory-a Need for power and control
d. Satisfaction vs. Reprecussions-cost/benefit
e. The "warrior" gene- Behavioural tendencies and Personality
3. Philosophical link between incompetennce and voilence:
a.Thomas Hobbes and the State of Nature
b. Machiavelli and The Prince
c. David Hume and the basis of Human Nature
d. The Peter Principle and inevitable human incompetence
e. Does the end justify the means?
4. Political/Power viewpoint:
a.The powerful seek to hold on to their power. To cover up their incompetence, they will resort to voilence especially if it is a Dictorial or an Illegitimate group
i-Stalin and the Great Purges of Russia
ii- Al-Burhan and the Sudanese Protests*
iii-American Mafias and The Castellammarese War
iv-Indian authorities and voilence in Kashmir
v-Robert Mugabe and the Gukurahundi genocide
b. Revoltions have failed in the past because instead of negotiating and engaging in dialogue, unnecessary voilence was the chosen route.
i- The churi chura incidence and the fate of the Khalifat movement
ii- The Christian massacres and the failed Boxer Revolution
5. The way forward:
a. Nurturing curious and critical-thinking individuals through education reforms and outreach
b. Opening up channels for dialogue and debates at personal, national and international levels
c. Promoting globalisation and a global interconnectedness
d. Reducing tolernace for Voilence and Abuse by legislating and enforcing laws against offenders
e. Inculcating virtues like Tolerance and Self-Assessment to reduce liklihood of voilence becoming a preferred response
f. Providing platforms and opportunities for all individuals to learn and grow without judgement in order to overcome precieved or actual incompetence
6. Conclusion
Someone really went at it 😍

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
__________________
You enjoy life by living, no pay-to-play needed. God hath thee.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
The dream of rain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 219
Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts
The dream of rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
Voilence is the last refuge of the Incompetent

1. Introduction
2. Psychological underpinnings of voilence being the last resort of an incompetent individual:
a. The Dunning–Kruger effect
b. The fight or flight response
c. McClealland's Need theory/The Three Needs Theory-a Need for power and control
d. Satisfaction vs. Reprecussions-cost/benefit
e. The "warrior" gene- Behavioural tendencies and Personality
3. Philosophical link between incompetennce and voilence:
a.Thomas Hobbes and the State of Nature
b. Machiavelli and The Prince
c. David Hume and the basis of Human Nature
d. The Peter Principle and inevitable human incompetence
e. Does the end justify the means?
4. Political/Power viewpoint:
a.The powerful seek to hold on to their power. To cover up their incompetence, they will resort to voilence especially if it is a Dictorial or an Illegitimate group
i-Stalin and the Great Purges of Russia
ii- Al-Burhan and the Sudanese Protests*
iii-American Mafias and The Castellammarese War
iv-Indian authorities and voilence in Kashmir
v-Robert Mugabe and the Gukurahundi genocide
b. Revoltions have failed in the past because instead of negotiating and engaging in dialogue, unnecessary voilence was the chosen route.
i- The churi chura incidence and the fate of the Khalifat movement
ii- The Christian massacres and the failed Boxer Revolution
5. The way forward:
a. Nurturing curious and critical-thinking individuals through education reforms and outreach
b. Opening up channels for dialogue and debates at personal, national and international levels
c. Promoting globalisation and a global interconnectedness
d. Reducing tolernace for Voilence and Abuse by legislating and enforcing laws against offenders
e. Inculcating virtues like Tolerance and Self-Assessment to reduce liklihood of voilence becoming a preferred response
f. Providing platforms and opportunities for all individuals to learn and grow without judgement in order to overcome precieved or actual incompetence
6. Conclusion
Good one. You have hit the bulls eye.
But, there are points i wanna raise:
first, 4-b heading looks a bit ambiguous. Though, its correct but relevancy is effected.
Second, "The way forward" is not required. Usually, in such essays solutions are not demanded.
Hope it helps!
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
The dream of rain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 219
Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts
The dream of rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Too many of us are not living their dreams because we are living our fears.

1. Introduction
2. Forms of fear:

a. Fear of failure
b. Fear of people's opinion
c. Fear of loosing opportunity
d. Fear of loosing closed ones
e. Fear of taking risk
f. Fear of being unable to achieve
g. Fear of having no abilities
h. Fear of having no talent

3. How these fears make oneself incapable of achieving dreams:
a. Stops a person from taking step toward dream
b. Halts one's progress toward dream
c. Person begins to question one's abilities, in result, remain away from achieving dream
d. Produces lack of confidence, thus, driving away from dream
e. Person loses motivation, therefore, could not go further toward dream
f. Sows a negative attitude in personality which hinders one's way toward dream
g. Creates inferiority complex, thus, could not overcome obstacles
h. Feeling of being mocked by others, therefore, person quits

4. Conclusion
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
aishalam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 160
Thanks: 7
Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
aishalam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dream of rain View Post
Good one. You have hit the bulls eye.
But, there are points i wanna raise:
first, 4-b heading looks a bit ambiguous. Though, its correct but relevancy is effected.
Second, "The way forward" is not required. Usually, in such essays solutions are not demanded.
Hope it helps!
Thank you for the comments. I appreciate the feedback.

I wanted to include some other viewpoints as well such as voilence linked with incompetence in domestic abuse and the racial viewpoint-the idea that some races are more prone to voilence and hence are "incompetent" or "inferior" (backed up with arguments such as the Colonizers' Civilising the savages campaign and the US justice system and the disproportionate amount of black male arrests). But I felt that these deviated from the core too much so decided to leave them off.

I wanted to wrap it up with the way forward portion but I do see your point. The 4-b I added to show that not only those in power can make the mistake of resorting to voilence to cover incompetence but often the opressed take that route as well. In fact there are studies done that show peaceful protests have a substantial percent more chance of success than voilent ones. In any case appreciate the comments. I'll bear them in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
aishalam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 160
Thanks: 7
Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
aishalam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidius View Post
Someone really went at it 😍

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I really enjoy these topics but they are rarely taken up because of how open they are to interpretation and how creative one needs to get to link arguments. One is advised against attempting these but I feel they should be discussed more.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Sunday, June 30, 2019
aishalam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 160
Thanks: 7
Thanked 93 Times in 69 Posts
aishalam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dream of rain View Post
Too many of us are not living their dreams because we are living our fears.

1. Introduction
2. Forms of fear:

a. Fear of failure
b. Fear of people's opinion
c. Fear of loosing opportunity
d. Fear of loosing closed ones
e. Fear of taking risk
f. Fear of being unable to achieve
g. Fear of having no abilities
h. Fear of having no talent

3. How these fears make oneself incapable of achieving dreams:
a. Stops a person from taking step toward dream
b. Halts one's progress toward dream
c. Person begins to question one's abilities, in result, remain away from achieving dream
d. Produces lack of confidence, thus, driving away from dream
e. Person loses motivation, therefore, could not go further toward dream
f. Sows a negative attitude in personality which hinders one's way toward dream
g. Creates inferiority complex, thus, could not overcome obstacles
h. Feeling of being mocked by others, therefore, person quits

4. Conclusion
Very well handled but I'll point out a few things. 2 d. Should be fear of losing close/dear ones or you could term it as fear of being ostracised. You can combine 2 g. and h. to instead be fear of seeming incompetent. I would like to add a few other fears such as a fear of looking like a fool/being laughed at/made fun of, fear of conflict/confrontation, fear of rejection, fear of bearing financial losses(this one is similar to losing opportunity but opportunities are in the future, financial losses are borne today. It can be further explained as a fear of not having enough money to pay for food/rent etc.) Similar to the fear of taking risks there is also the fear of the unknown.

Instead of oneself simply use one in the title of 3. Also wherever there is dream add the s since it is dreams in the main title and we should stick as close to the original wordings as possible to reinforce the idea.

I would also like to propose some other portions to the essay such as inspiring examples of Individuals who overcame their fears and are living their dreams (here include examples such as famous writers like Stephan King whose first story was rejected 30 times, or athletes, stars, politicians, tech moguls anyone whose story isnpires you personally. People overcome unbelievable odds to stand where they are today and we shouldn't only see their achievements but also acknowledge the fears and obstacles they overcame-the chances they took.)

Also a philosophical tinge could be given to the essay as well if you want by including a small portion on WHY is it important that we learn to overcome our fears and live our dreams. Add points to this such as the wasted potential, personal satisfaction/living to the fullest, if we don't follow our dreams or stand for a cause are we really alive? (Everybody dies but not everybody lives- Prince Ea I highly recommend his video. You can find it on youtube. Its short 5 minutes but very inspiring.)

Overall I think you've done a great job and covered the basic points very well. I hope you find my input helpful.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishalam For This Useful Post:
Acidius (Tuesday, July 02, 2019)
  #97  
Old Monday, July 01, 2019
The dream of rain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 219
Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts
The dream of rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishalam View Post
Very well handled but I'll point out a few things. 2 d. Should be fear of losing close/dear ones or you could term it as fear of being ostracised. You can combine 2 g. and h. to instead be fear of seeming incompetent. I would like to add a few other fears such as a fear of looking like a fool/being laughed at/made fun of, fear of conflict/confrontation, fear of rejection, fear of bearing financial losses(this one is similar to losing opportunity but opportunities are in the future, financial losses are borne today. It can be further explained as a fear of not having enough money to pay for food/rent etc.) Similar to the fear of taking risks there is also the fear of the unknown.

Instead of oneself simply use one in the title of 3. Also wherever there is dream add the s since it is dreams in the main title and we should stick as close to the original wordings as possible to reinforce the idea.

I would also like to propose some other portions to the essay such as inspiring examples of Individuals who overcame their fears and are living their dreams (here include examples such as famous writers like Stephan King whose first story was rejected 30 times, or athletes, stars, politicians, tech moguls anyone whose story isnpires you personally. People overcome unbelievable odds to stand where they are today and we shouldn't only see their achievements but also acknowledge the fears and obstacles they overcame-the chances they took.)

Also a philosophical tinge could be given to the essay as well if you want by including a small portion on WHY is it important that we learn to overcome our fears and live our dreams. Add points to this such as the wasted potential, personal satisfaction/living to the fullest, if we don't follow our dreams or stand for a cause are we really alive? (Everybody dies but not everybody lives- Prince Ea I highly recommend his video. You can find it on youtube. Its short 5 minutes but very inspiring.)

Overall I think you've done a great job and covered the basic points very well. I hope you find my input helpful.
Thanks, such a detailed input is appreciated.
I could not add much points bcz you know well that essay is to be done in 3 hrs. Therefore, i considered that view and made time-relative outline.
Plus, "why" part really seemed necessity.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
farrukhjaved968 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm an engineering student and want to improve my writing expression including vocab and sentence structure for my essay. Kindly help me out.

Whenever I try to write on any topic and I'm like blank. How can I improve myself.

Any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 142
Thanks: 76
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Acidius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrukhjaved968 View Post
I'm an engineering student and want to improve my writing expression including vocab and sentence structure for my essay. Kindly help me out.

Whenever I try to write on any topic and I'm like blank. How can I improve myself.

Any tips and tricks are appreciated.

Thank you!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Write out your thoughts. Convert abstract thoughts into written words. Don't think. Just copy from brain and write. I'm thinking about making a trip to the water dispenser and help myself to a cold glass of water. But I'll have to climb the stairs and that'll tire me. Then there's the glass to rinse as well.
Get the point? Write.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
__________________
You enjoy life by living, no pay-to-play needed. God hath thee.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Sunday, July 21, 2019
The dream of rain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 219
Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 41 Posts
The dream of rain is on a distinguished road
Default

Is Democracy panacea for all political and economic evils?


1. Introduction
2. Present status of democracy in Pakistan: Flourishing
3. Democracy panacea for political evils:

i. Promotes political cohesion
ii. Promotes meritocracy in political parties
iii. Vests authority to institutions: Alleviate institutional imbalance
iv. Decentralizes power to people
v. Gives voice to people: Curb personalisation of politics
vi. Prevents floor crossing
vii. Supports transparent election: Declare basic right of people

4.Democracy panacea for economic evils:
i. Curbs corruption
ii. Prevents tax evasion
iii. Promotes documentation of assets
iv. Alleviates money laundering: Across the board accountability: Closing loopholes
v. Raises Foreign investment: Law and order: Reinstate confidence among foreign investors

5. Conclusion


Note: i seem to run out of ideas about "economic evils" part. Its bcz i was in kinda dilemma about issues like reducing FDI, twin deficts, debts, etc.
i think democracy can not bring FDI, reduce deficits and debts. Thus, didnt add.
Review the outline. Share thoughts on above question.
Thanks,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
css, essay writing, pcs, pms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Prepare for 100 Marks PPSC/FPSC Tests. Tassawur Tips and Experience Sharing 24 Thursday, September 03, 2020 04:12 PM
Preparing Argumentative essays sumaira85 Essay 8 Monday, November 13, 2017 08:31 PM
What is the best way to prepare for Essay and Precis papers? mashhoodakramsheikh English (Precis & Composition) 1 Tuesday, February 10, 2015 08:42 PM
Plz post expected essays for 2011 smbajkani Essay 29 Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:50 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.