CSS Forums Saturday, August 23, 2014
12:38 AM (GMT +5)
 
 
Home   Beginner's Guide   Rules   Syllabus   Past Papers   CSP Members  

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Essay > Essays

Essays Essays here


Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Friday, May 18, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
Thanks: 202
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Venerated is on a distinguished road
Default A Critical analysis of the Education systems in Pakistan.

Dear seniors,

The following are the outline of the essay which i actually wrote in the examination. Please assess and give your comments.


A Critical analysis of the Education systems in Pakistan.

Outlines:


Introduction:
The education sector of Pakistan faces multilateral problems. But the present government taken
steps to address these issues.

Critical analysis at commitment level:
1. Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of the education.
2. There is a poor quality of education in Pakistan.
3. There is a poor access to education in Pakistan.
4. Insufficient funds also hinder growth of the education in Pakistan.

Critical analysis at governance or implementation level:
1. There is a lack of coordination among different layers of the education
system.
2. There is a private-public divide.
3. The education is also backward due to feudalism.
4. Corruption is also a problem in education system in Pakistan.
5. Lastly lack of management and planning hinders education development in Pakistan.

Recommendations and the Government steps to overcome the above problems:
1. The leaders should themselves get education and also disseminate awareness, regarding education, among the masses.
2. The education policy-2009 envisages improved quality of the education.
3. The education policy-2009 provides for wider access to education.
4. The education policy-2009 promises greater funds for the education.
5. The clear-cut areas should be carved out for each of the layer of the education system.
6. The education policy-2009 plans to reduce the private-public divide.
7. Governance should be improved.

Conclusion:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Friday, May 18, 2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 168
Thanks: 37
Thanked 71 Times in 53 Posts
Fadslee is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is the outline which i wrote in the exam. I wrote 19 pages. Seniors are requested to comment whether it can get passing marks or otherwise.

A critical analysis of education systems in pakistan

Outline

1. Introduction
2. Forms of education
a. Formal educaion
i. Schools
ii. Colleges
iii. Universities
iv. Other recognised intitutes
b. Informal education
i. Distance educaion
ii. unrecognised madarsahs
iii. educaion at home and society
3. Importance of education
4. Defects/shortcoming of eduction systems in pakistan
a. Disorinted system
b. No uniformity
c. No check and balance
d. lack of financial resources
e. lack of infrastucture
f. No research and development
g. Less training facilities to teachers
h. Neglect of agriculture section
i. Mismatch of syllabus
j. Poor examination system
5. Outcome of poor education system
a. low literacy rate
b. lack of knowledge
c. high drop out rate
d. low agriculture and industrial output
e. less econmic growth
g. increase in poverty
h. increase in unemployment
i. increase in crime
6. Remedial Measures to improve education system
a. Government steps
i. ministry of education
ii. HEC
iii. NEVTEC
b. increase in fund allocation
c. development of infrastructure
d. Establishment of new education institutions
e. Uniformity in education
f. more research and development
g. training facilities to teachers
h. Emphasis on agri and industrial education
i. revamping of syllabus
j. effective controls
k. reforms in examination system.
7. Conclusion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Saturday, May 19, 2012
Amigo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 113
Thanks: 39
Thanked 61 Times in 46 Posts
Amigo will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerated View Post
Dear seniors,

The following are the outline of the essay which i actually wrote in the examination. Please assess and give your comments.


A Critical analysis of the Education systems in Pakistan.

Outlines:


Introduction:
The education sector of Pakistan faces multilateral problems. But the present government taken
steps to address these issues.

Critical analysis at commitment level:
1. Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of the education.
2. There is a poor quality of education in Pakistan.
3. There is a poor access to education in Pakistan.
4. Insufficient funds also hinder growth of the education in Pakistan.

Critical analysis at governance or implementation level:
1. There is a lack of coordination among different layers of the education
system.
2. There is a private-public divide.
3. The education is also backward due to feudalism.
4. Corruption is also a problem in education system in Pakistan.
5. Lastly lack of management and planning hinders education development in Pakistan.

Recommendations and the Government steps to overcome the above problems:
1. The leaders should themselves get education and also disseminate awareness, regarding education, among the masses.
2. The education policy-2009 envisages improved quality of the education.
3. The education policy-2009 provides for wider access to education.
4. The education policy-2009 promises greater funds for the education.
5. The clear-cut areas should be carved out for each of the layer of the education system.
6. The education policy-2009 plans to reduce the private-public divide.
7. Governance should be improved.

Conclusion:
Boy! Excellent attempt. Yaqeen maano. Number 1, it IS a critical analysis and Number 2, it IS about the educational SYSTEM. I don't see any reason that you won't pass this paper. However mujhe youn lagta hai ke you just nose dived into the essay from the very start. I mean thorra sa Introduction ke baad agar Current Situation daal di jati, kutch facts and figures to aur acha ho jata. But that's just my opinion, otherwise your essay is up to the "mark"
__________________
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and receive without forgetting. ~Jeremy Fitzgerald~
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amigo For This Useful Post:
Venerated (Saturday, May 19, 2012)
  #4  
Old Saturday, May 19, 2012
Amigo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 113
Thanks: 39
Thanked 61 Times in 46 Posts
Amigo will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadslee View Post
Here is the outline which i wrote in the exam. I wrote 19 pages. Seniors are requested to comment whether it can get passing marks or otherwise.

A critical analysis of education systems in pakistan

Outline

1. Introduction
2. Forms of education
a. Formal educaion
i. Schools
ii. Colleges
iii. Universities
iv. Other recognised intitutes
b. Informal education
i. Distance educaion
ii. unrecognised madarsahs
iii. educaion at home and society
3. Importance of education
4. Defects/shortcoming of eduction systems in pakistan
a. Disorinted system
b. No uniformity
c. No check and balance
d. lack of financial resources
e. lack of infrastucture
f. No research and development
g. Less training facilities to teachers
h. Neglect of agriculture section
i. Mismatch of syllabus
j. Poor examination system
5. Outcome of poor education system
a. low literacy rate
b. lack of knowledge
c. high drop out rate
d. low agriculture and industrial output
e. less econmic growth
g. increase in poverty
h. increase in unemployment
i. increase in crime
6. Remedial Measures to improve education system
a. Government steps
i. ministry of education
ii. HEC
iii. NEVTEC
b. increase in fund allocation
c. development of infrastructure
d. Establishment of new education institutions
e. Uniformity in education
f. more research and development
g. training facilities to teachers
h. Emphasis on agri and industrial education
i. revamping of syllabus
j. effective controls
k. reforms in examination system.
7. Conclusion
Kaafi researched essay lagta hai but generalised. You have euipped it with every kind of information you had about the educational system in Pakistan. First of all, Forms of education and importance of education seem irrelevant. Secondly, you have given equal weightage to shortcomings of educational system, outcomes of poor education and suggestions. I mean the essay was about the shortcomings/critique of the system to naturally ussi ko aap ko sub se lamba bhi likhna chahiye ha na. Lekin rest assured agar English ki koi galtiyan nahin ki hain aap ne to Inshallah you'll pass the paper. Cheers!!
__________________
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and receive without forgetting. ~Jeremy Fitzgerald~
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amigo For This Useful Post:
Fadslee (Monday, May 21, 2012)
  #5  
Old Sunday, May 20, 2012
Muhammad T S Awan's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere at boundaries of good and evil.
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 1,753
Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,125 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future
Default

Its good that you have made an effort for it. But this is not an impressive one, this is too generalized dear, try to make it specific..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerated View Post

Introduction:
The education sector of Pakistan faces multilateral problems. But the present government taken steps to address these issues.

[/B]
What is the basis of this claim? Lastly, Education Policy of 2009 was introduced, but even after three years, that policy has not been implemented in letter and spirit. Give a general intro of education sector, thn divide it into components of primary, secondary/higher secondary and tertiary/higher education. every component is having its peculiar issues. The introduction could be somewhat like,

The present system of education in Pakistan is a legacy of colonialism system of education that used to feed the requirement of the foreign rulers. No proper attention was given for the modification and updating the prevailing system during the last five decades of independence. The system needs complete overhaul, to be upgraded and advanced to meet the requirement worthy to the dignity of independent nation. The system should have been demand oriented instead of supply oriented. This needs drastic changes in the syllabi and curricula. The modern approaches of teaching and learning should be launched to cater the needs of expanding economy of the country. The present system of education is producing clerical stuff where as the nation needs skilled manpower adorned with technological knowledge in modern sciences. The Skilled persons are to be produced who shall boost up the economic growth of the country............


Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerated View Post
Critical analysis at commitment level:
1. Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of the education.
2. There is a poor quality of education in Pakistan.
3. There is a poor access to education in Pakistan.
4. Insufficient funds also hinder growth of the education in Pakistan.
[/B]
Present this point systematically, Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of education? Why? It is primary responsibility of state to provide education to the people of the country. First problem lies with the government, No government has taken this issue seriously, second thing is accessibility, there is no funding for establishment of new schools etc, later comes the issue of quality.

Apart from government, the philantrhopist organizations/NGOs and private sector is to establish institution, but the institutions established in private sector are money making machines instead of providing quality education at lesser rates, they charge very high and make hue and cry that they are catering to educational needs of the masses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerated View Post
Critical analysis at governance or implementation level:
1. There is a lack of coordination among different layers of the education
system.
2. There is a private-public divide.
3. The education is also backward due to feudalism.
4. Corruption is also a problem in education system in Pakistan.
5. Lastly lack of management and planning hinders education development in Pakistan.

[/B]
In this heading, point 1, 4, and 5 can somehow work with it, while 2 and 3 has nothing to do with the governance issue. Governance is the management and administering of education system, first tier is the government, previously the Ministry of Education at Federal level and Departments of Education at Provincial levels were the main hubs and now the Provincial Departments of Education are to look after the governance issue. then comes the structure/hierarchy running the machinery of school, that is who shall be the custodian/manager of buildings etc, either its DCO/EDO Education etc. For higher education, the Musharraf regime had promulgated Federal Model Universities Ordinance to improve governance in universities/higher education institutions...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Venerated View Post
Recommendations and the Government steps to overcome the above problems:
1. The leaders should themselves get education and also disseminate awareness, regarding education, among the masses.
2. The education policy-2009 envisages improved quality of the education.
3. The education policy-2009 provides for wider access to education.
4. The education policy-2009 promises greater funds for the education.
5. The clear-cut areas should be carved out for each of the layer of the education system.
6. The education policy-2009 plans to reduce the private-public divide.
7. Governance should be improved.
Moreorless all points are excerpts from Education Policy 2009, but nothing substantial steps have been made for its effective implementation. The Education Policy 2009, necessitated for increased access to higher education for the youth of age group between 17-23 years from the existing 4-5 percent to 10 percent by the year 2015. This is year 2012 and hardly the ratio is being maintained at 5%....

Steps required to be taken are somewhat;

- Number of educational institutions are required to be increased.
- Existing infrastructure to be upgraded to cater more students.
- Ghosts schools should be converted into alive schools
- fees should be decreased to attract students, not only that, some incentives should be provided to the parents of school students, so that they send their childern to schools instead of sending them to fields/factories...
- Quality of education needs to be improved.
- Research culture should be inculcated in the students /schools
- Corruption has become a part and parcel of our society, this should be minimized....

more points can also be added for improvement of education sector...
__________________
'Thee woh ik shakhs kay tasawar saay - abb woh ranayee khayal kahaan'
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sunday, May 20, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Taulka Johi,district,Dadu,sindh
Posts: 41
Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
wasim soomrro is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

exhaustive material when looking into two outlines by two different friends.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Monday, May 21, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 94
Thanks: 202
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Venerated is on a distinguished road
Default

@Muhammad T S Awan.

Brother I am really thankful to you for such detailed and frank comments. And I also wanted such comments. But i want to make and justify some points.
Quote:
What is the basis of this claim? Lastly, Education Policy of 2009 was introduced, but even after three years, that policy has not been implemented in letter and spirit.
The introduction of the education policy itself is a great step on the part of the govt to improve education level in Pakistan. The education policy 2009 is not a short term policy which can be implemented overnight. The framers of the policy claim that this policy is a comprehensive one which has overcome weaknesses of the previous policies. They expect this poliy to be permanent and that they would not need other policies in future. Since the policy is a long term one we can only hope that it would be implemented because if it is implemented it would transform the future of our nation.
Quote:
Give a general intro of education sector, thn divide it into components of primary, secondary/higher secondary and tertiary/higher education. every component is having its peculiar issues. The introduction could be somewhat like,

The present system of education in Pakistan is a legacy of colonialism system of education that used to feed the requirement of the foreign rulers. No proper attention was given for the modification and updating the prevailing system during the last five decades of independence. The system needs complete overhaul, to be upgraded and advanced to meet the requirement worthy to the dignity of independent nation. The system should have been demand oriented instead of supply oriented. This needs drastic changes in the syllabi and curricula. The modern approaches of teaching and learning should be launched to cater the needs of expanding economy of the country. The present system of education is producing clerical stuff where as the nation needs skilled manpower adorned with technological knowledge in modern sciences. The Skilled persons are to be produced who shall boost up the economic growth of the country............
Well dear yours is a type of intro. But I tried to compact my intro into as few words as possible.
Quote:
Present this point systematically, Pakistanis do not believe in the true worth of education? Why?
Yes dear this is a dilemma our nation that it does not believe in true worth of the education that's why we lag behind in this field. People of the urban areas may be believing in it but a lion's share of the population, being agrarian and feudalists, don't believe in it. We see in our rural areas people do not send their children to schools. Even this thinking is prevalent in urban area. On the other hand our leaders, the feudalist, believe in illiteracy of their subjects. Another proof of such lack of belief in education is the mediocre amount of budget reserved for the education sector.
Quote:
Apart from government, the philantrhopist organizations/NGOs and private sector is to establish institution, but the institutions established in private sector are money making machines instead of providing quality education at lesser rates, they charge very high and make hue and cry that they are catering to educational needs of the masses.
I also have highlighted this problem under the heading "There is a private-public divide."
Quote:
In this heading, point 1, 4, and 5 can somehow work with it, while 2 and 3 has nothing to do with the governance issue. Governance is the management and administering of education system, first tier is the government, previously the Ministry of Education at Federal level and Departments of Education at Provincial levels were the main hubs and now the Provincial Departments of Education are to look after the governance issue. then comes the structure/hierarchy running the machinery of school, that is who shall be the custodian/manager of buildings etc, either its DCO/EDO Education etc. For higher education, the Musharraf regime had promulgated Federal Model Universities Ordinance to improve governance in universities/higher education institutions...
The point nos 2 and 3 relate to the problems of private-public divide and feudalism. Brother these two problems relate to the governance issues. Who have governed us?Who have been heads of all the national institutions?Who have framed policies in the parliament? My brother they have all been the feudalist.
Quote:
Moreorless all points are excerpts from Education Policy 2009, but nothing substantial steps have been made for its effective implementation.
I agree, i have taken many points from the education policy 2009. But does it convey a negative impression?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ecnomic progress Vs Political situation very special 1 Discussion 48 Wednesday, February 29, 2012 09:27 PM
The search for peace - pakistan and india Tassawur Pakistan Affairs 0 Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:49 AM
Pakistan Affairs Objectives for all terminator Pakistan Affairs 6 Sunday, December 05, 2010 10:53 AM
Pakistan Relations and forign policy khuhro Current Affairs Notes 0 Sunday, August 22, 2010 09:10 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.