Friday, February 28, 2020
01:33 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Essay > Essays

Essays Essays here

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old Saturday, September 21, 2013
Naveed_Bhuutto's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 740
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,863 Times in 592 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough
Default

I doubt whether the remedies can be given under the heading of Limitations but still, I am hopeful that you will make it through Inshallah.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Naveed_Bhuutto For This Useful Post:
Raja4u (Tuesday, September 24, 2013)
  #12  
Old Thursday, September 26, 2013
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: karachi
Posts: 48
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
sarmadalimahar is on a distinguished road
Unhappy sir please tell me wether i be able to pass the paper

Free Speech Should Have Limitations
Outline
A. Introduction
B. Concept of freedom of speech
1. In Us
2. In European countries
3. In Pakistan: article 19
c. Misuse of freedom of speech by media
1. it promotes hate speech under the guise of freedom of speech
2. it intervenes in the personal lives of celebrities
3.it promotes vulgarity and obscenity under the name of freedom of speech
4.it promotes violence under the garb of freedom of speech
5. it promotes sensationalism
d. Misuse of freedom of speech by general public
1. it defames religious and general personalities or other people and institutions
2. it posts blasphemous and immoral material on social media
3. it spreads rumors via sms via mobile
E. causes of the misuse of freedom of speech by media and general public
1. media is an enterprise
2. Immature media does not know the impact of news
3. absence of clear-cut code of conduct
4. people do not know the worth of freedom of speech
F.Limitations on freedom of speech
G. does this possible? yes
h. way forward
I. conclusion

Freedom of speech is one of the fundamental rights enshrined in the constitutions of all the democratic countries of the world. It is considered the most important article and right in the modern state, as it lies down the foundation of free ,vibrant and democratic society. However, in the recent events this precious right has been violated by both media and general public. they can do whatever they want. In other words, media and general public misuse and misinterpret freedom of speech; therefore, there should be some limitations on the freedom of speech.
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======

in conclusion, freedom of speech must be curbed if it is misused by media and general public. there are many causes of misuse of freedom of speech by media and public. However, if the above mentioned suggestions are taken into consideration, the situation will improve. freedom of speech is precious right. Many countries do not have this valuable right.therefore, media and general public should use it responsibly....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .

I wrote about 14 pages and conclusion was about one page.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Thursday, September 26, 2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
amjad imran marwat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Please Evaluate: Free Speech Should have limitations
________________________________________

Dear Senior, please evaluate my essay as this is exactly what I wrote in paper. Although a few paras had skipped out ov my mind but I have tried my level best to reproduced the outline. I wrote approx 35 to 37 paras with a total of 2800 words, looking at the idea do you think that I will make it through?

Please Comment


"Free Speech should have Limitations"


1) Introduction
The main idea was that except God, everything in one way or the other have some defined limited. Be it this world or universe, nothing is without limits.

2) Need of Free Speech
-since human civilization
-From the times of Mesopotamia to Mughal Era.

3) Philosophy of Free Speech
-As Old as the times of Pythagoras
-Founding Father: John Locke advocated freedom of speech in this book "Two Treaties"
-Exercised in West initially in Sweden and USA
-1791 Freedom of Speech as 1st Amendment in US Constitution
-1973 Freedom of Speech as Article 19 in Pakistan Constitution

4) Free Speech and Blasphemy
-Salman Rushdie “Satanic Verses” and publication of Blasphemous Cartoons in Denmark
-Blasphemous Cartoons published in French Newspapers
-Terry Jones Burn Qur'an Day on Facebook
-Blasphemous Movie: Innocence of Muslims
-Prince Charles Scandal and London high Court Verdict

5) Use and Abuse of Free Speech

6) Free Speech in Pakistan
-Media enjoying excessive freedom resulting in ignorance of "Media Ethics" and being biased
-Media Hype
-Pakistani Media should have certain defined limits

7) Free Speech in Islam
-Islam allows Freedom of Speech, Choice and Liberty but with defined limits

8) Free Speech in West
-West allows Freedom of Speech but seems to be confused in knowing it limitations

9) Logical Consequences of Free Speech without limitations
- World in a state of chaos
- Ethnic violence and Racism
- Islam and Muslim worst effected by abuse of Free Speech

10) Pragmatic Solutions to define limits to Free Speech
-UNO should play it role
-West should stop playing double game
-World Leading countries should play their role
-There should be distinct difference between Free Speech and Blasphemy
-World should learn to respect each other Religion, Belief and Customs

11) Conclusion
Hurting one's belief, abusing one's customs and tradition, throwing tantrum and doldrums on religious personalities is not use but abuse ov freedom of speech. There is a dire need to define certain limit to Free Speech in order to exercise it safely.
well done. it is a good essay. inshallah you will definitely pass.
Here I would like to give some suggestions to improve your essay.
First of all take a direct plung into the subject of the essay. As the subject is free speech should have limitation. so one should directly start as " speech is free but truth is sacred" or " excess of everything is bad. Then your second line should be that " The notion of freedom of speech is not interpreted correctly by the people. It has and should have limitations. Limited free speech would ensure peace in the society. Excess freedom of speech would erode the very foundations of our democratic society.
Then go further in your introduction and include all the necessary points.
Exactly hitting the target in the essay is a key to success.
Despite your essay is good. Inshallah it take passing marks.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amjad imran marwat For This Useful Post:
Naveed_Bhuutto (Friday, September 27, 2013)
  #14  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Naveed_Bhuutto's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 740
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,863 Times in 592 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmadalimahar View Post
Free Speech Should Have Limitations
Outline
A. Introduction
B. Concept of freedom of speech
1. In Us
2. In European countries
3. In Pakistan: article 19
c. Misuse of freedom of speech by media
1. it promotes hate speech under the guise of freedom of speech
2. it intervenes in the personal lives of celebrities
3.it promotes vulgarity and obscenity under the name of freedom of speech
4.it promotes violence under the garb of freedom of speech
5. it promotes sensationalism
d. Misuse of freedom of speech by general public
1. it defames religious and general personalities or other people and institutions
2. it posts blasphemous and immoral material on social media
3. it spreads rumors via sms via mobile
E. causes of the misuse of freedom of speech by media and general public
1. media is an enterprise
2. Immature media does not know the impact of news
3. absence of clear-cut code of conduct
4. people do not know the worth of freedom of speech
F.Limitations on freedom of speech
G. does this possible? yes
h. way forward
I. conclusion

Freedom of speech is one of the fundamental rights enshrined in the constitutions of all the democratic countries of the world. It is considered the most important article and right in the modern state, as it lies down the foundation of free ,vibrant and democratic society. However, in the recent events this precious right has been violated by both media and general public. they can do whatever they want. In other words, media and general public misuse and misinterpret freedom of speech; therefore, there should be some limitations on the freedom of speech.
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======

in conclusion, freedom of speech must be curbed if it is misused by media and general public. there are many causes of misuse of freedom of speech by media and public. However, if the above mentioned suggestions are taken into consideration, the situation will improve. freedom of speech is precious right. Many countries do not have this valuable right.therefore, media and general public should use it responsibly....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .

I wrote about 14 pages and conclusion was about one page.
I hope you will make it through dear as you have tried to cover all the aspects in your essay. The ionly thing is that your outline looks a bit scattered.

Wish You best ov Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjad imran marwat View Post
well done. it is a good essay. inshallah you will definitely pass.
Here I would like to give some suggestions to improve your essay.
First of all take a direct plung into the subject of the essay. As the subject is free speech should have limitation. so one should directly start as " speech is free but truth is sacred" or " excess of everything is bad. Then your second line should be that " The notion of freedom of speech is not interpreted correctly by the people. It has and should have limitations. Limited free speech would ensure peace in the society. Excess freedom of speech would erode the very foundations of our democratic society.
Then go further in your introduction and include all the necessary points.
Exactly hitting the target in the essay is a key to success.
Despite your essay is good. Inshallah it take passing marks.
Thank You for your valuable comments .
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Riaz Khokhar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Riaz Khokhar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmadalimahar View Post
Free Speech Should Have Limitations
Outline
A. Introduction
B. Concept of freedom of speech
1. In Us
2. In European countries
3. In Pakistan: article 19
c. Misuse of freedom of speech by media
1. it promotes hate speech under the guise of freedom of speech
2. it intervenes in the personal lives of celebrities
3.it promotes vulgarity and obscenity under the name of freedom of speech
4.it promotes violence under the garb of freedom of speech
5. it promotes sensationalism
d. Misuse of freedom of speech by general public
1. it defames religious and general personalities or other people and institutions
2. it posts blasphemous and immoral material on social media
3. it spreads rumors via sms via mobile
E. causes of the misuse of freedom of speech by media and general public
1. media is an enterprise
2. Immature media does not know the impact of news
3. absence of clear-cut code of conduct
4. people do not know the worth of freedom of speech
F.Limitations on freedom of speech
G. does this possible? yes
h. way forward
I. conclusion

Freedom of speech is one of the fundamental rights enshrined in the constitutions of all the democratic countries of the world. It is considered the most important article and right in the modern state, as it lies down the foundation of free ,vibrant and democratic society. However, in the recent events this precious right has been violated by both media and general public. they can do whatever they want. In other words, media and general public misuse and misinterpret freedom of speech; therefore, there should be some limitations on the freedom of speech.
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======
================================================== =======

in conclusion, freedom of speech must be curbed if it is misused by media and general public. there are many causes of misuse of freedom of speech by media and public. However, if the above mentioned suggestions are taken into consideration, the situation will improve. freedom of speech is precious right. Many countries do not have this valuable right.therefore, media and general public should use it responsibly....................................... .................................................. .................................................. .

I wrote about 14 pages and conclusion was about one page.
Please consider these points.
1. Very bad selection of the topic.
2. He hasn't asked about concept: irrelevant start.
3. Outlines must have phrases not complete sentences.
4. You have given examples in 'concept' instead of your arguments where free speech is misused.
5. Under your heading of 'CAUSES' you have given totally wrong causes: Media is an enterprise; So what? This itself cannot be the cause of misuse of free speech whatsoever.
6. The main topic is discussed at the end, and that also without arguments as to why should there be limitations?
Conclusion: I will fail you. Let's see what does the assessor do. Do let me know about it when you get result.
My apology. But so is the CSS, dear
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Naveed_Bhuutto's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 740
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,863 Times in 592 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaz Khokhar View Post
Please consider these points.
1. Very bad selection of the topic.
2. He hasn't asked about concept: irrelevant start.
3. Outlines must have phrases not complete sentences.
4. You have given examples in 'concept' instead of your arguments where free speech is misused.
5. Under your heading of 'CAUSES' you have given totally wrong causes: Media is an enterprise; So what? This itself cannot be the cause of misuse of free speech whatsoever.
6. The main topic is discussed at the end, and that also without arguments as to why should there be limitations?
Conclusion: I will fail you. Let's see what does the assessor do. Do let me know about it when you get result.
My apology. But so is the CSS, dear
Waooooo............... I am Impressed with the standard of your checking. If you have some time, i would rather request you to also have a look at my outline and do please comment,

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Riaz Khokhar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Riaz Khokhar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Please Evaluate: Free Speech Should have limitations
________________________________________

Dear Senior, please evaluate my essay as this is exactly what I wrote in paper. Although a few paras had skipped out ov my mind but I have tried my level best to reproduced the outline. I wrote approx 35 to 37 paras with a total of 2800 words, looking at the idea do you think that I will make it through?

Please Comment


"Free Speech should have Limitations"


1) Introduction
The main idea was that except God, everything in one way or the other have some defined limited. Be it this world or universe, nothing is without limits.

2) Need of Free Speech
-since human civilization
-From the times of Mesopotamia to Mughal Era.

3) Philosophy of Free Speech
-As Old as the times of Pythagoras
-Founding Father: John Locke advocated freedom of speech in this book "Two Treaties"
-Exercised in West initially in Sweden and USA
-1791 Freedom of Speech as 1st Amendment in US Constitution
-1973 Freedom of Speech as Article 19 in Pakistan Constitution

4) Free Speech and Blasphemy
-Salman Rushdie “Satanic Verses” and publication of Blasphemous Cartoons in Denmark
-Blasphemous Cartoons published in French Newspapers
-Terry Jones Burn Qur'an Day on Facebook
-Blasphemous Movie: Innocence of Muslims
-Prince Charles Scandal and London high Court Verdict

5) Use and Abuse of Free Speech

6) Free Speech in Pakistan
-Media enjoying excessive freedom resulting in ignorance of "Media Ethics" and being biased
-Media Hype
-Pakistani Media should have certain defined limits

7) Free Speech in Islam
-Islam allows Freedom of Speech, Choice and Liberty but with defined limits

8) Free Speech in West
-West allows Freedom of Speech but seems to be confused in knowing it limitations

9) Logical Consequences of Free Speech without limitations
- World in a state of chaos
- Ethnic violence and Racism
- Islam and Muslim worst effected by abuse of Free Speech

10) Pragmatic Solutions to define limits to Free Speech
-UNO should play it role
-West should stop playing double game
-World Leading countries should play their role
-There should be distinct difference between Free Speech and Blasphemy
-World should learn to respect each other Religion, Belief and Customs

11) Conclusion
Hurting one's belief, abusing one's customs and tradition, throwing tantrum and doldrums on religious personalities is not use but abuse ov freedom of speech. There is a dire need to define certain limit to Free Speech in order to exercise it safely.
You will fail. Why? Because:
The required arguments about the topic are given only at the 9th number.
Free speech should have limitations.
Why should it have limitation? Give arguments. This is how the essay is.
After introduction, you have to come directly at your arguments. Do not beat about the bush as regards what is freedom of speech, when did it start...blah blah..
Remember: Quantity does not matter; quality does.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Riaz Khokhar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Riaz Khokhar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Waooooo............... I am Impressed with the standard of your checking. If you have some time, i would rather request you to also have a look at my outline and do please comment,

Regards
Have already done 'the welfare work' :P
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Naveed_Bhuutto's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 740
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,863 Times in 592 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riaz Khokhar View Post
You will fail. Why? Because:
The required arguments about the topic are given only at the 9th number.
Free speech should have limitations.
Why should it have limitation? Give arguments. This is how the essay is.
After introduction, you have to come directly at your arguments. Do not beat about the bush as regards what is freedom of speech, when did it start...blah blah..
Remember: Quantity does not matter; quality does.
Man keeping difference of opinion aside, I must admin that you truly deserve applaud for your quality checking . Excellent Argument that I directly should have come to the point. But there a few Essayist who says that apart from directly hitting the target one should have some sort of build up in their essay as well.

Introduction
Background
Present Scenario
Causes
Effect
Remedies
Conclusion


Therefore Number 9 in my Essay will have to remain at number 9 as those were the effects of Free Speech without Limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Saturday, October 05, 2013
Riaz Khokhar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Riaz Khokhar is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Man keeping difference of opinion aside, I must admin that you truly deserve applaud for your quality checking . Excellent Argument that I directly should have come to the point. But there a few Essayist who says that apart from directly hitting the target one should have some sort of build up in their essay as well.

Introduction
Background
Present Scenario
Causes
Effect
Remedies
Conclusion


Therefore Number 9 in my Essay will have to remain at number 9 as those were the effects of Free Speech without Limitations.
Dear, it depends upon the topic-type of the essay.
Energy Crisis: Causes and consequences.
Poor governance in Pakistan.
These are sort of topics that may require background, present scenario, causes and consequences, etc.
But, topics, as of your attempted one, do not require at all as such things.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riaz Khokhar For This Useful Post:
IRRAJ (Saturday, October 05, 2013)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
development of pakistan press since 1947 Janeeta Journalism & Mass Communication 15 Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:17 AM
Free speech should have limitations. Nisar Ali Essays 7 Saturday, October 19, 2019 09:34 PM
Direct and Indirect speeches/narrations reman_bari1455 Grammar-Section 6 Friday, April 28, 2017 12:23 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.