Wednesday, January 26, 2022
04:12 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Essay > Essays

Essays Essays here

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old Thursday, September 19, 2013
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rawalpindi
Posts: 43
Thanks: 91
Thanked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Mutu is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahm Lincoln View Post
UNO - Achievements & Failures

1. Introduction and Contention

Ever since its inception, The United Nations has become partially successful in achieving its objectives.

2. Extent of Issue

a. Failures of the UN
i. Territorial and political disputes continue to linger
(Kashmir and Palestine disputes)
ii. It has failed to protect the territorial integrity of sovereign states
(Iraq war and Gaza offensive)
iii. It has failed in the field of disarmament
(Israel, North Korea, Iran)
iv. The US interference in the internal affairs of weaker countries
( Libya, Syria, South Korea, etc.)
v. It has failed to protect the deteriorating world climate
vi. Conditions of a lot of the poor women and children in underdeveloped countries have not improved

b. Achievements of the UN
i. It has so far prevented the Third World War (Cuban Missile Crisis)
ii. Kept itself intact despite many crises
iii. Boosted the trade of goods and services
iv. Contribution of autonomous agencies – projects and programs carried out by them
v. Provided relief and help in distress, food shortage, housing and population issues
vi. Peacekeeping mission and its advantages
.Independence of Namibia
.Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone
.East Timor, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kosovo, Lebanon, and Ethiopia-Eritrea
vii. It continues introducing economic, educational, agricultural, and socio-cultural reforms

3. Causes of failures

a. Financial dependence on major powers
b. Lopsided character of the UNSC
c. Optional jurisdiction of ICJ – the judicial organ of the UN
d. Divergence of interests between great powers paralyzes her i.e. it has
been badly failed in sorting out the recent Syrian crisis where the question
comes of " Clash of interests" between Russia and anti Russian block
e. Lacks of the executive machinery to implement decisions

4. Reforming the UN
a. Expansion of UNSC
i. Increasing the number of permanent members
ii. Increasing the number of two-year term members
b. Reducing the financial dependence on a very few member states
c. Empowering the General Assembly to get its decisions implemented
d. Progressive principles of equality and justice must be observed

5. Conclusion




Comments and suggestions are most welcome


Regards
Your outlines are very impressive.
__________________
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mutu For This Useful Post:
Abrahm Lincoln (Monday, September 23, 2013)
  #12  
Old Thursday, September 19, 2013
umarabbas's Avatar
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Multan
Posts: 670
Thanks: 24
Thanked 627 Times in 325 Posts
umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahm Lincoln View Post
UNO - Achievements & Failures

1. Introduction and Contention

Ever since its inception, The United Nations has become partially successful in achieving its objectives.

2. Extent of Issue

a. Failures of the UN
i. Territorial and political disputes continue to linger
(Kashmir and Palestine disputes)
ii. It has failed to protect the territorial integrity of sovereign states
(Iraq war and Gaza offensive)
iii. It has failed in the field of disarmament
(Israel, North Korea, Iran)
iv. The US interference in the internal affairs of weaker countries
( Libya, Syria, South Korea, etc.)
v. It has failed to protect the deteriorating world climate
vi. Conditions of a lot of the poor women and children in underdeveloped countries have not improved

b. Achievements of the UN
i. It has so far prevented the Third World War (Cuban Missile Crisis)
ii. Kept itself intact despite many crises
iii. Boosted the trade of goods and services
iv. Contribution of autonomous agencies – projects and programs carried out by them
v. Provided relief and help in distress, food shortage, housing and population issues
vi. Peacekeeping mission and its advantages
.Independence of Namibia
.Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone
.East Timor, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kosovo, Lebanon, and Ethiopia-Eritrea
vii. It continues introducing economic, educational, agricultural, and socio-cultural reforms

3. Causes of failures

a. Financial dependence on major powers
b. Lopsided character of the UNSC
c. Optional jurisdiction of ICJ – the judicial organ of the UN
d. Divergence of interests between great powers paralyzes her i.e. it has
been badly failed in sorting out the recent Syrian crisis where the question
comes of " Clash of interests" between Russia and anti Russian block
e. Lacks of the executive machinery to implement decisions

4. Reforming the UN
a. Expansion of UNSC
i. Increasing the number of permanent members
ii. Increasing the number of two-year term members
b. Reducing the financial dependence on a very few member states
c. Empowering the General Assembly to get its decisions implemented
d. Progressive principles of equality and justice must be observed

5. Conclusion




Comments and suggestions are most welcome


Regards
Good Outline. I hope you would be including "The Reason for UN's existence" or "Why was it created" (a bit of an introduction). Without that you can't assess the achievements and failures of this body otherwise, a very nice attempt
__________________
Umar Abbas Babar
I Know I am Bad But When Bad is the Best, Bad is the Only Choice
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Abrahm Lincoln (Monday, September 23, 2013)
  #13  
Old Thursday, September 19, 2013
parwarsha's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the land far far away ....
Posts: 125
Thanks: 348
Thanked 33 Times in 21 Posts
parwarsha is on a distinguished road
Default

Well my outline for 'Not economy but politics is a key to success' (2013) would be like that;

Introduction - all activities are guided by motives, in any state government defines and steer its conduct, plans & policies politically
politicians drove engine of economy
monetary, fiscal, macro & micro economic - all policies & activities are designed to achieve political objectives

2. Policy- Path to success/Failure
economic/political need to be comprehensive, short term-medium-long term ..........

3.Relation between Economy & Politics
cause & effect relation, economy is dependent upon politics .............


4.First Priority- Economy OR Politics

selection of characteristics/parameters to justify one's stance
Examples from past

5.Current Scenario
Clarification of concepts like Economic Imperialism, Economic Recession & Political Economy with reference to China, US, Pak & India

6.Method/Strategy to Adopt (Proposed area)
suggestions for developing countries like discussing what's wrong with us ...

7.Conclusion

Well seniors do input your valuable suggestions,
Abraham kindly you too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting anxiously for positive criticism & encouraging remarks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
wild hearts do not break ;)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parwarsha For This Useful Post:
jahanzaib khan kakar (Friday, September 20, 2013), maha786 (Friday, September 20, 2013)
  #14  
Old Friday, September 20, 2013
R3b3l's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: islamabad
Posts: 170
Thanks: 72
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
R3b3l is on a distinguished road
Default

Kindly write an outline on 'Poor persecuted women' as well
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Friday, September 20, 2013
44th CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 37
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 92
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 8 Posts
shahrukhachakzai is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b3l View Post
Kindly write an outline on 'Poor persecuted women' as well
1.Inroduction

2.Role of Women in Society

3.Status of women in ancient civilizations

3.Status of women in different religions

4.Status of women in Islam

5.Persecution of women
i) Persecution in Modern Societies
ii) Persecution in Backward Socities
6. Factors responsible for persecution

i) Economic Factors
ii) Social Factors
iii) Political Factors

7. Suggestions to uplift status of women in Pakistani society

8. Conclusion



It was my first attempt . I know this outline would be full of inconsistencies therefore its my humble request to seniors to guide and rectify me.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shahrukhachakzai For This Useful Post:
R3b3l (Friday, September 20, 2013)
  #16  
Old Friday, September 20, 2013
umarabbas's Avatar
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Multan
Posts: 670
Thanks: 24
Thanked 627 Times in 325 Posts
umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b3l View Post
Kindly write an outline on 'Poor persecuted women' as well
Introduction to the topic
- An endless debate
- Women and their projected gender throughout the ages
- Your opinion

A historical narrative
- Women's role throughout ages, societies and religions
- Roman, Greek
- Hinduism Christianity
- Islamic
- What is the purpose of creation of Women? - You can carry it onwards "To be a comfort to each other"

Women's Persecution tools
- Gender inequality
- Gender biasness
- Gender marginalization
- How is the well being calculated? and what are the different indexes

Today's dilemma
- Women's Rights status throughout the world
- Most Developed Nations
- Least Developed Countries (Human Resource Rich countries)
- Reasons for the distribution

What does the future hold for Women
- Efforts that are taking place throughout the world

Conclusion
__________________
Umar Abbas Babar
I Know I am Bad But When Bad is the Best, Bad is the Only Choice
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
Abrahm Lincoln (Saturday, September 21, 2013), R3b3l (Friday, September 20, 2013)
  #17  
Old Friday, September 20, 2013
exclusively's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,879
Thanks: 1,595
Thanked 1,289 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about
Default

[QUOTE=Abrahm Lincoln;649111]Never never never never never give up (from the CE 2013 reconducted in Faisalabad)


Outline

1. Introduction and Contention

Consistency, perseverance, patience and self-belief are the prerequisites of conquering over any problem and crisis. An individual can pull the mountains down and perform a herculian task if he or she has the courage of not giving up. However, majority of people after sustaining a bit of pressure, give up, which is a behavior for one to be highly concerned about.

2. Examples from political history
(Z.A Bhutto's signing of Simla Agreement 1972 while facing a highly hostile government in a grave post-war situation)
(Passage of 13th amendment - Emancipation Proclamation - in the United States' constitution by Abrahm Lincoln in 1863 which was highly opposed in by the congressmen)

3. Success stories from history of science
(Thomas Edison's invetion of bulb after failing 99 times)
(Aeroplane invetion by Right Brothers etc.)

4. References from human evolution history
(Some important facts from cave-dwelling to the modern age)

5. Examples from animals' behavior
(Stroy of King Bruce and Spider can be quoted)

6. Those who lack consistent behavior

7. Causes of inconsistent attitude
a. Inability to sustain pressure
b. Losing hope
c. Self disbelief
d. Misinterpreting situation

8. Attaining consistent behavior
a. Triumph over situation
b. Taking the companions' consent
c. Avoiding panic
d. Exploring the options
e. Deciding on options
f. Relaxing to overcome stress

9. Conclusion



Your essay can be said a passing attempt. However, you had to focus on never never never give up than those of examples, and histories, I mean to say in this essay you have to prove that 'Why one must not give up" this is the main thing to mention here. Apart from that you have done a commendable job. I hope you will get through. Best of Luck..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to exclusively For This Useful Post:
Abrahm Lincoln (Monday, September 23, 2013)
  #18  
Old Friday, September 20, 2013
R3b3l's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: islamabad
Posts: 170
Thanks: 72
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
R3b3l is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah87 View Post
1.Inroduction

2.Role of Women in Society

3.Status of women in ancient civilizations

3.Status of women in different religions

4.Status of women in Islam

5.Persecution of women
i) Persecution in Modern Societies
ii) Persecution in Backward Socities
6. Factors responsible for persecution

i) Economic Factors
ii) Social Factors
iii) Political Factors

7. Suggestions to uplift status of women in Pakistani society

8. Conclusion



It was my first attempt . I know this outline would be full of inconsistencies therefore its my humble request to seniors to guide and rectify me.
nice outline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
Introduction to the topic
- An endless debate
- Women and their projected gender throughout the ages
- Your opinion

A historical narrative
- Women's role throughout ages, societies and religions
- Roman, Greek
- Hinduism Christianity
- Islamic
- What is the purpose of creation of Women? - You can carry it onwards "To be a comfort to each other"

Women's Persecution tools
- Gender inequality
- Gender biasness
- Gender marginalization
- How is the well being calculated? and what are the different indexes

Today's dilemma
- Women's Rights status throughout the world
- Most Developed Nations
- Least Developed Countries (Human Resource Rich countries)
- Reasons for the distribution

What does the future hold for Women
- Efforts that are taking place throughout the world

Conclusion
well elaborated outline...Should this essay not revolve around predicaments of Pakistani women?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Monday, September 23, 2013
Abrahm Lincoln's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: White House, Washington D.C
Posts: 29
Thanks: 22
Thanked 76 Times in 20 Posts
Abrahm Lincoln is on a distinguished road
Default Gender Equality is a Myth (2013)

Gender Equality is a Myth


1. Introduction and Contention
Gender equality has always been an issue of topmost concern for the civilized societies and for the advocates and custodians of human rights all over the world. Despite the presence of many international organizations with the objectives of gender equality and protection of women, the idea of gender equality is still a far cry.

2. Some important statistics
a) Only 74pc of young girls between ages 11 and 15 are in school globally. (2012 Report: “Because I am a Girl”)
b) Rwanda is the only country with 50pc women in its legislature. (2013 Report: Women in National Parliaments)
c) About 140 million girls and women worldwide are currently living with the consequence of FGM (Female Genital Mutation), because everyday around 8000 girls go through it. (2013 WHO Report)
d) Till July 2013, around 451 women were killed in the name of honor in Pakistan.
e) In first six months of 2012, around 4,585 cases of violence against women were reported in Pakistan.
f) In Pakistan, 60pc of cases of violence against women are reported and of those, only 40pc are registered with police.
g) According to media monitoring report by HRCP, from January till July 2013, 44 women became victim of acid attack, seven of whom died due injuries.
h) A few days back, a five-year-old girl was raped in Lahore.

3. Gender equality and Pakistan’s history
a) Hudood Ordinance 1979 – highly controversial and discriminatory law against women
b) Qanoon-e-Shahadat Order or Law of Evidence1979
c) Sharia Law 2009 – Introduced by President Zardari for the Northern areas under Taliban rule

4. Causes of gap in gender equality
a) Woman is naturally weak – biological perspective
b) Society’s suppression
c) Illiteracy – being major hurdle in the way of gender equality
d) Lack of strict legislation for women protection
e) Economic disparity
f) Gender stereotypes
g) Unwillingness of governments

5. Effects of gender equality gap
a) High women’s persecution rate
b) Overall social imbalance
c) Economic backwardness
d) High female mortality rate
e) High infant mortality rate
f) Psychological imbalance among women

6. Reducing gender equality gap
a) Development of common agenda – at international forum such as the UN
b) Properly pursuing 3rd MDG (millennium development goal for women development)
c) Required legislation – by countries with wider gender equality gap
d) Promotion of girls’ education
e) Aggressive media campaigns – changing stereotypes pertaining to social status of women
f) Curriculum books with success stories of women

7. Conclusion


Please do honor me with your valuable commemts and suggestions.


Kindest Regards
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abrahm Lincoln For This Useful Post:
exclusively (Monday, September 23, 2013), musmanhussain (Monday, September 23, 2013)
  #20  
Old Monday, September 23, 2013
Abrahm Lincoln's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: White House, Washington D.C
Posts: 29
Thanks: 22
Thanked 76 Times in 20 Posts
Abrahm Lincoln is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by parwarsha View Post
Well my outline for 'Not economy but politics is a key to success' (2013) would be like that;

Introduction - all activities are guided by motives, in any state government defines and steer its conduct, plans & policies politically
politicians drove engine of economy
monetary, fiscal, macro & micro economic - all policies & activities are designed to achieve political objectives

2. Policy- Path to success/Failure
economic/political need to be comprehensive, short term-medium-long term ..........

3.Relation between Economy & Politics
cause & effect relation, economy is dependent upon politics .............


4.First Priority- Economy OR Politics

selection of characteristics/parameters to justify one's stance
Examples from past

5.Current Scenario
Clarification of concepts like Economic Imperialism, Economic Recession & Political Economy with reference to China, US, Pak & India

6.Method/Strategy to Adopt (Proposed area)
suggestions for developing countries like discussing what's wrong with us ...

7.Conclusion

Well seniors do input your valuable suggestions,
Abraham kindly you too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting anxiously for positive criticism & encouraging remarks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope what I write won't disappoint you...it's just for our learning and this is my view representing my only perception that might not be agreed to by somone else.

A bit incoherent yet nice try!
A few things I must mention here;

1- The point after Introduction must further clarify your view for the topic. For instance you could have mentioned more about the relatioship of Economy and Politics which you have mentioned in the fourth point.

2- Whatever is to be written, must be written with frequency and relevance, as your outline lacks a bit of it. Such as economic imperialism and political economy are a bit related but economic recession represents some other contexts. Economic imperialism is practiced by Developed countries only, whereas the economic recession can hit both the Developed and Developing countries. For example recession of 2008-9 in the west and luquidity issues with Greece, Italy and many other European Union member countries.

3- Some examples from history and current world affairs may strengthen the spirit of what you write.

Hope what i have written would be of some help for you.



Nonetheless, a nice attempt if impromptu.

Way to go...

Good Luck
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abrahm Lincoln For This Useful Post:
parwarsha (Wednesday, January 15, 2014)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Essays Outlines waqarkakar Essays 2 Friday, February 06, 2015 03:47 PM
Essay from Bacon to Lamb kiyani English Literature 0 Tuesday, February 05, 2013 08:12 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.