CSS Forums Tuesday, July 29, 2014
05:43 PM (GMT +5)
 
 
Home   Beginner's Guide   Rules   Syllabus   Past Papers   CSP Members  

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Everyday Science > Everyday Science Notes

Everyday Science Notes Everyday Science Notes here


Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old Thursday, February 18, 2010
S_Ranjha's Avatar
38th CTP (CEG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 50
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 238
Thanks: 53
Thanked 132 Times in 80 Posts
S_Ranjha will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Because dark colors absorb heat.
Well tht ll be more an answer to "Y we dont wear dark color dresses in summer" rather than "Y we use light colors in summer"

The more appropriate answer ll be coz light colors r gud reflectors of light nd hence produce less heat.
Kehnay ko its all the same but on technical grounds dere z difference

Regards
__________________
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S_Ranjha For This Useful Post:
aneeqa (Friday, February 19, 2010)
  #32  
Old Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 5
Thanks: 350
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
saim n babar is on a distinguished road
Arrow

why the dead body floats?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Last Island's Avatar
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModGold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated servicesModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Forest of Fallen Stars
Posts: 6,868
Thanks: 2,108
Thanked 13,440 Times in 4,319 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saim n babar View Post
why the dead body floats?
A dead body in the water starts to sink as soon as the air in its lungs is replaced with water. Once submerged, the body stays underwater until the bacteria in the gut and chest cavity produce enough gas—methane, hydrogen sulfide, and carbon dioxide—to float it to the surface like a balloon. At first, not all parts of the body inflate the same amount: The torso, which contains the most bacteria, bloats more than the head and limbs. The most buoyant body parts rise first, leaving the head and limbs to drag behind the chest and abdomen. Since arms, legs, and the head can only drape forward from the body, corpses tend to rotate such that the torso floats facedown, with arms and legs hanging beneath it.
__________________
The Me you have always known, the Me that's a stranger still.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Last Island For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Wednesday, June 02, 2010), mangat1 (Wednesday, July 07, 2010), saim n babar (Wednesday, July 07, 2010)
  #34  
Old Saturday, June 26, 2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 192
Thanks: 32
Thanked 142 Times in 76 Posts
siraj narejo will become famous soon enough
Default

why hot soup/food is more tasty than cold one?

why women dont become bald?

why right handed ppl live longer than left handed? (on average)

what are the "Life Features" of candle? on the basis of which we can call it has life like all of us?

which tree cant reproduce itself? man propagate it?

why petrol fire cant be extinguished by water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashinov View Post

2# Why rainbow is produced in the sky after rainfall and sunlight?

ANS: This is due to the splitting of sunlight into it's 7 basic colours: VIBGYOR.....after sunlight passes thru a raindrop and is a result of refraction.
dear rainbow is due to reflection as well as refraction of light. light enters into drop, then reflected back rom opposite side of the drop at 42 dgree (w r t its original entry and u can only see if ur back is towards sun

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Merged
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sunday, June 27, 2010
Farid_Asclepius's Avatar
41st CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 58
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Caucasian Snows
Posts: 58
Thanks: 31
Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts
Farid_Asclepius is on a distinguished road
Default

why women dont become bald?

No its not so women could also get bald if they inherit it geneticly...but ys they do n,t grow compltely bald.
Reason
High levels of testosteroneand and insulin hormones make men more prone to hair loss while these hormones specially testesterone are in small quantity in females thats wyh they do n,t develop male pattern baldness.

why right handed ppl live longer than left handed? (on average)

Its just a myth......scientifically only a minute difference exists between the death incidencez of right handerz and left handrz....

why petrol fire cant be extinguished by water

Because the petrol is fluid itself, and it doesn't chemically bond well with water,thats why fire won,t be suffocated by water.


what are the "Life Features" of candle?
Like living organisms candle requires oxygen to keep burning,if deprived of air it wo n,t burn........
__________________
I will love the sun for it warms my bones;yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Merged
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farid_Asclepius For This Useful Post:
siraj narejo (Tuesday, June 29, 2010)
  #36  
Old Sunday, June 27, 2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 192
Thanks: 32
Thanked 142 Times in 76 Posts
siraj narejo will become famous soon enough
Default

why some detergents include live microbes?

what shou;ld be increased to make float a drowning body? (its length, width or height) and why?

if i drop from the tower of pisa a kilo of wool and also a kilo of iron. which will hit the land first? first think then reply?

if we allow DC current to flow from electric wires what will happen? (normally AC current flows through them)

why bread become green then black? why do it not turn black then green?

why jet fighters fly in v shaped form?

why brown eyes are dominant over blue ones? and why europeans have A and asian have B blood group on average?

manual qulfi makers add salt to ice? why do they do this?

how X rays can be used to check diamond purity? how

why wax shrink on heat? (opposite to normal things)

why fire does not work on the threads of asbestos?

how infra red rays help to read from burnt papers?

can we increase the speed of light? if yes then how .plz think then reply(i dont need the ans. NO)

why can we not cut the diamonds?(normaly)

why do monkeys have tail and humans dont have?(genetically)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to siraj narejo For This Useful Post:
bear (Monday, September 06, 2010)
  #37  
Old Monday, June 28, 2010
umarabbas's Avatar
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 716
Thanks: 24
Thanked 600 Times in 320 Posts
umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why some detergents include live microbes?

Microbes act on the stains and other blots biologically...for example there might be a microbe that acts of the petrol that is lost to the oceans.

if i drop from the tower of pisa a kilo of wool and also a kilo of iron. which will hit the land first? first think then reply?

Both will hit the ground at exactly the same moment. (Acceleration of the earth is uniform and we can ignore the air resistance)

what should be increased to make float a drowning body? (its length, width or height) and why?

it's density. that is mass per unit volume.

why jet fighters fly in v shaped form?

during world war 2, this was a formation adopted by the allies which denoted V for victory.

manual qulfi makers add salt to ice? why do they do this?

so that ice melts slowly and at higher temperatures. impurities increase the freezing point of any substance.

why can we not cut the diamonds?(normaly)

diamonds can be cut but they are one of the hardest substances on the planet. It is because of the strong covalent bonds between the carbon atoms that constitute a diamond.
__________________
Umar Abbas Babar
I Know I am Bad But When Bad is the Best, Bad is the Only Choice
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
fiza mehar (Tuesday, March 29, 2011), siraj narejo (Monday, June 28, 2010)
  #38  
Old Monday, June 28, 2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 192
Thanks: 32
Thanked 142 Times in 76 Posts
siraj narejo will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post

why jet fighters fly in v shaped form?

during world war 2, this was a formation adopted by the allies which denoted V for victory.
aerodynamically v shape flight of geese provide lifting power. humans just copy. here v does not stand for victory

Last edited by Princess Royal; Monday, June 28, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Tuesday, June 29, 2010
RAO RAMEEZ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Faisalabad.
Posts: 112
Thanks: 26
Thanked 94 Times in 55 Posts
RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road
Default

I wanna add something that testosterone is one the causes of baldness and especially Pattern baldness in Men. ( MEDICAL PHYSIOLOGY BY GUYTON)
What's pattern baldness??? It is fall of hair on the dorsal side of forehead..it is also an assurity that the person is sexually sound.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Tuesday, June 29, 2010
umarabbas's Avatar
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Acedemic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 716
Thanks: 24
Thanked 600 Times in 320 Posts
umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraj narejo View Post
aerodynamically v shape flight of geese provide lifting power. humans just copy. here v does not stand for victory
Dear Siraj,

Your argument would have held if the question would have been why the wings of the planes are shaped like this....but they are asking about the flight pattern.. and geese might be using this formation for protective purposes rather than having an aerodynamic flight patttern...
__________________
Umar Abbas Babar
I Know I am Bad But When Bad is the Best, Bad is the Only Choice
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
siraj narejo (Tuesday, June 29, 2010)
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idioms (A-Z) Argus English (Precis & Composition) 26 Sunday, September 29, 2013 09:58 PM
More Than 2000 Words to enhance Vocabulary Qurratulain English (Precis & Composition) 13 Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:55 AM
Philosophy of Science A Rehman Pal Philosophy 0 Sunday, March 18, 2007 03:42 PM
How I See Philosophy Emaan Philosophy 0 Wednesday, July 27, 2005 08:07 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: This is not the official website of Federal Public Service Commission Pakistan. This is a non-commercial website helping individuals who intend to join civil service of Pakistan. The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim that the site is an exhaustive compilation of information about Civil Service of Pakistan neither represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, content contained on, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any page of this website. These materials are intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete or up to date. However, honest efforts have been made to provide comprehensive information for the benefit of users. The documents and material displayed or mentioned on this site are not official copies. Please contact FPSC for updated rules and regulations governing CSS examination.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.