MCQs RELATING TO HORMONES
Q.1. What Glands are called ductless.
Ans: Endocrine Glands?
Q.2. Thyroxine Hormone is secreted by?
Ans: Thyroid Glands?
Q.3. Which glands prepare the Insulin?
Ans: Islet of Langerhans.
Q.5. What hormones are produced by ovary?
Q.6. What kind of hormones is produced by the Testes?
Q.7. Which gland produce the red blood cells?
Q.8. Whereby the one of huge waste product of human body i.e urine produced?
Q.9. With What the adrenal Glands belong?
Q.10.What hormones are produced by the Pituitary gland?
Ans: Pituitrin, through the Posterior lobe.
Q.11.The Hormones secreted by glands act as?
Ans: Metabolism action in the body.
Q.12.Which is the largest gland in the human body?
Ans: Ist: largest gland in human body is Skin and then Liver.
Q.13.The secondary sex character in the male and female is produced by? Ans: in male by hormone Sperms, and in female by hormone estrogen. Q.14.Where the ovary and tests are situated?
Ans: in the pelvis.
Q.15.What kinds of glands produce the tears in the eyes?
Ans: Lachrymal glands.
Q.16.By which glands calcium is released and regulated in the body?
Ans: Parathyroid glands.
Q.17.Which glands trap the iodine?
Ans: Thyroid glands.
Q.18.which gland produce the bile?
Q:19.Which gland is called Grave yard of the red blood cells?
Q.20.Which gland controls the blood sugar in human body?
1.Oxygen was discovered by ?
2.Electron was discovered by ?
"Your past NEVER defines your future."
The electron was identified and assigned the negative charge in 1897 by John Joseph Thomson (J.J. Thomson).
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude...Zig Ziglar
who was the first to measure earth's radius?
"Your past NEVER defines your future."
Everyday Science MCQS Material
1. When the resultant of all the forces acting on a body is zero the body is said to be in a state
2. Gamma Rays are similar to X-Rays.
3. The Separation of ordinary light into its constituent colours is known as Dispersion.
4. If a body weighs 600 kg on the surface of the earth then the weight of the same body on the surface
of moon will be 1/6th i.e. 100kg.
5. When a bullet penetrates into a target, the kinetic energy of a bullet is converted into Mechanical
6. The process of digestion begins in Mouth.
7. Sometimes when white blood corpuscles greatly increase in number, they cause a disease
8. The principle of wireless telegraphy was discovered by Signor Marconi.
9. The planet nearest to sun is Mercury.
10. Pressure cooker works on the principle that the boiling point of a liquid increases with the
increase of pressure.
11. Copper is the best conductor of electricity.12. Blood cells are manufactured by bone marrow of the body.
13. The smallest organism which causes disease is virus and even smaller is called viroids.
14. Neutron, electron and Proton have neutral, negative and positive charges respectively.
15. Of all the flying machines that man has made only Rockets are suitable for space flight.
16. Transistors do not need a warm up period because they have no Filaments.
17. If an object gives off its own light, it is said to be Luminous.
18. An electric heater would be most likely to produce I.R Radiations.
19. The Kelvin scale of temperature is called the absolute scale.
20. The type of radiation that is unaffected by magnetic field is called Gamma Rays.
21. If we know the mass of an object and the force applied on it, it is possible to
calculate acceleration of the object.
22. Active transport in animals and plants required metabolic energy and Concentration Gradient to
carry the substances across cell membrane electrical gradient.
23. Diseases that spread through air are called Air Borne diseases.
24. When iron is less in body, the quantity of Haemoglobin in cell decreases.
25. Arteries become hard due to deposition of Fats and Cholesterol in them.
26. The science of study of old age is called Gerontology.
27. The instrument used for measuring the velocity is called Anemometer.
28. The science which deals with the bird is called Ornithology.
29. The function of the thermostat in a refrigerator is to maintain temperature.
30. Blotting paper absorbs ink because the action of capillary.
31. Mirage is an example of Reflection of Light.
32. The age of a tree can be determined by counting Rings of stem.
33. In a normal resting man, the rate of heart beat is 72 per minute.
34. In Pakistan copper is found in Saindak.
35. American space shuttle Mercury Atlas-6 is the first winged space ship to orbit and return to
36. Myopia is a defect of vision which does not permit to see clearly the distant objects.
37. The brightest planet is Venus.
38. Urea s not a phosphorous fertilizer.
39. Ibn Baitar was a renowned Muslim Botanist.
40. Cellulose is natural polymer.
41. Vitamin A & D are not water soluble.
42. Amoeba is a unicellular animal.
43. Solar eclipse occurs in full moon.
44. Leprosy is a disorder of the Nervous System.
45. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) cause decomposition of ozone.
46. Quartz is chemically a Silicate or Silicon dioxide.
47. Chicken egg is composed of One Cell.
48. Visible light energy has the wave length range of 400-700 nm.
49. The particle with positive charge but having mass equal to that of electron is called Positron.
50. Gas in children‘s play-balloons going upward is hydrogen.
51. Standard pressure is 760 mm-Hg.
52. Iron corrodes due to the formation of Iron Oxide.
53. Starch is a polymer of Glucose.
54. Adrenalin is secreted by the Adrenal Gland.
55. Mars planet is nearest to the earth.
56. The process of conversion of a material from solid state directly to gaseous state is
57. Bacteria are parasite.
58. Ruby is an oxide of Aluminium.
59. In the Australian continent nights are larger than days in June.
60. Gypsum is not hydrated calcium carbonate.
61. Uranus is the coldest planet.
62. Chromite ore contains chromium oxide.
63. Mica is a non-conductor of electricity.
64. Sun is not the biggest star in the universe.
65. The capacity to do work is called energy.
66. The energy possessed by body due to its position is called potential energy.
67. Kitab-al-Manazar is publication by a famous Muslim Scientist about Optics.
68. Nucleus usually lies in the centre of animal cells.
69. Calcium and phosphorous are the essential elements of bones.
70. Proteins are formed by combination of amino acids.
71. Rain water dissolves Sulphur dioxide to form Sulphuric Acid.
72. The set of instruction given to a computer is called command.
73. Chemicals such as penicillin which act on bacteria are called antibiotics.
74. Comet shoemaker-levy 9 hit the planet Jupiter in July this year.
75. A branch of medicine studying blood and its disorders is called Haematology.
76. Cytology is the branch of biology which deals with the study of structure and function of cells.
77. A biological study of external form and structure of living organisms or their parts
78. Am academic and applied discipline which involves the scientific study of human or animal
mental functions and behaviours is called Psychology.
79. A study of the chemical composition of the earth‘s crust is called Geology.
80. In a heat engine heat energy is changed into Mechanical Energy.
81. Frequency of audible sound is 20-20,000 Hz.
82. Deficiency of vitamin B causes Beriberi.
83. Cheapest source of producing electricity is Water.
84. The smallest unit of measurement of wave-length is Angstrom.
85. The chemical generally used in refrigerator is Freon.
86. The unit ―TON‖ to specify air conditioners is equivalent to 12,000 BTU/hour.
87. Unit of electricity ―Kilowatt Hour‖ is the unit of Power.
88. Period of famous Muslim scientists is 7th to 13th century A.D.
89. Heat radiation travels at a speed equal to Speed of light.
90. Cryptograms are non-flowering plants.
91. Reserve food material is usually stored as Starch in plants and Glycogen in animals.
92. Streptococcus is a gram positive bacterium.
93. Spinach is a good source of vitamin K.
94. Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas.
95. Femur is a bone of the leg. 96. The moon has no atmosphere.
97. Excessive burning of the fossil fuels causes acid rains.
98. Twenty first of June is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
99. Electricity is a secondary source of energy.
100. The outer most layer of the earth is called Crust.
101. Newton is the unit of Force.
102. Radium was discovered by Madam Marie Curie.
103. The memory of the computer is expressed in bytes
104. AIDS is caused by Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
105. Chemical name of gypsum is Calcium Sulphate.
106. Molten super-hot material present inside a volcano is called Magma/Lava.
107. Richter scale measures the severity of Earthquake.
108. pH of blood is 7.3-7.4.
109. one of the countries through which equator passes is Kenya.
110. Purest form of iron is Wrought Iron.
111. Hypo is a solution of sodium thiosulphate.
112. Cod liver oil contains Vitamin D.
113. Aorta is a n organ of the Circulatory System.
114. Planet Mars has two moons.
115. Bauxite is an ore of Aluminium.
116. Circular aperture which appears as a dark spot in the eyes is called pupil.
117. The speed of light is nearly 300, 0000 km/sec.
118. Ideally water can be used as a car fuel after electrolysis.
119. Our eye is very sensitive to blue light.
120. Al Beruni died in 1048 A.D.
121. Abu ail Sina born in Iraq.
122. Blue colour has shortest wavelength.
123. Light travels fattest in Vacuum.
124. The universe is Expanding.
125. The disease, Haemophilia is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin K.
126. Protein is a nautral polymer.
127. Astronomers cannot be nominated for the Noble Prize.
128. A sheet of muscles called Diaphragm separates the chest from the abdomen.
129. In human body, blood clotting factor is produced by the platelets.
Human blood is able to carry large amounts of oxygen because of the Haemoglobin.
130. The living part of a plant cell is composed of a nucleus and cytoplasm.
131. The pattern for building protein molecule is stored in the messenger RNA.
132. Anvil and stirrup are names of bones present in the ear.
133. The front of the eye is covered with a tough transparent material called Cornea.
134. The young plant inside a grain of wheat is called the Embryo.
135. Inborn behaviour that involves only one part of the body is called Reflex Action.
136. The smallest branches of an artery lead into tiny blood vessels called capillaries.
137. Eustachian tube belongs to ear.
138. Cartilage is a connective tissue.
139. Auricle is present in heart.
140. Tendon is a muscle.
141. Dendrites are the part of Neuron.
142. In an animal cell protein is synthesized in the Ribosome.
143. Chemically finger nails are made up of protein.
144. Muscle stiffness is symptom caused by the disease Tetanus.
145. Riboflavin (vitamin B2) is not affected by cooking.
146. Thiamine is vitamin B1.
147. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C.
148. Rickets is caused by the deficiency of vitamin D.
149. The number of chromosomes in the spermatozoon is 23.
150. The fat in our food is digested by the Enzyme Lipase.
151. The most abundant element in the human body is Oxygen.
152. Sound is a form of energy.
153. A fraction of sunlight is refracted as it enters the earth‘s atmosphere.
154. Rainbows are produced by the reflection of light through rain drops.
155. Light switches in our homes are connected in parallel series.
156. Generators convert mechanical energy into electricity.
157. Modern incandescent bulbs do not contain filaments made of copper.
158. Trout is not a sea fish.
159. Epiphytes are a plant that grows upon another plant.
160. Hepatitis is the inflammation of liver.
161. Meningitis is inflammation of membrane surrounding the brain.
162. Equinox is the time when the sun appears vertically overhead at noon at the equator.
163. Joseph Aspdin is the inventor of cement.
164. Neurology is the science of Nervous system.
165. Biometry is the application of statistics in the study of Biology.
166. Aviculture is the rearing and breeding of birds.
167. Malaria is caused by Plasmodium.
168. Goitre is caused due to deficiency of Iodine in diet.
169. Typhoid is caused by Salmonella Typhosa.
170. Black hole is a hypothetical region of space having a gravitational pull so great that no mater or
radiation can escape from it.
171. Fungicide is used against moulds and fungi.
172. The science which deals with heredity is known as Genetics.
173. Insulin is used for the treatment of Diabetes.
174. Yuri Gagarin is the first space man.
175. The distance between the earth and the sun is called Astronomical unit.
176. The study of chemical processes in living organisms is called Biochemistry.
177. The first computer virus invented by two Pakistani brothers is called the brain virus.
178. Severe deficiency of vitamin C results in Scurvy.
179. Plant cells manufacture their food due to the presence of chlorophyll.
180. Mitosis is a type of cell division where in the number of chromosomes in the daughter cell are the same.
181. Blood cells are of three types.
182. The ultraviolet rays cause sunburn.
183. Xylem and Phloem are conducting tissues.
184. Carbohydrates are cheapest and most ready source of energy.
185. Enzymes are responsible for chemical digestion of food.
186. Plasma is the fluid part of the blood in which the cells are suspended.
187. Haemoglobin combines with oxygen and transport to different cells of the body.
188. Neutron is the negative charged particle in an atom.
189. Hydrogen is the lightest gas.
190. Mercury is the smallest planet of the solar system.
191. Image of the object is formed on the retina of the eye.
192. Barometer is used for measuring the pressure.
193. Monomer of proteins is Amino Acids.
194. Water transport in plants occurs within Xylem.
195. Underground horizontal stems are allied Rhizomes.
196. In the eye only Retina contains receptors for light energy.
197. Plant Hormones control plant response to environment stimuli.
198. Mitochondria are often called the powerhouse of the cell.
199. The rate at which a current changes direction is called its Line Frequency/Main frequency.
200. Diamond is an allotropic form of the element Carbon.
201. Speed of the wind is measured by Anemometer.
202. Ligament connects the muscle with the bone.
203. Polio is caused by virus.
204. Neptune is the coldest planet of the solar system.
205. Eggshell is composed of calcium carbonate.
206. The most abundant element in the earth‘s crust is oxygen.
207. The main constituent of Biogas is Methane.
208. Stalagmites are deposits of Calcium Carbonate.
209. Gigantism is the result of Hyper Pituitarism.
210. The purpose of computer is Manipulation of data.
211. The chemical name of washing soda is Sodium Bicarbonate.
212. The main constituent of Sui gas is Methane.
213. Blue colour has the shortest wave length.
214. Glass is called Silica.
215. Ascorbic Acid is Vitamin C.
216. The solar system has 8 planets.
217. The second most abundant element in the earth‘s crust is silicon.
218. The fastest revolving planet is Mercury.
219. Geysers are hot springs that erupt hot waters and steam from time to time.
220. The first simple microscope was invented by Hans Janssen and Zachariah Janssen.
221. Hot liquid rock beneath the earth‘s surface is called Lava/Magma.
222. Mitochondria are the power house of the cell.
223. Ability of the air to absorb long heat waves from the earth after allowing the short waves from sun to pass through it is known as Green House Effect.
224. Computer works on the principle introduced by the Muslim scientist Musa al-Khwarizmi.
225. Coldest planet of the solar system is Neptune.
226. The rupture of red blood cells is called Eryptosis.
227. Muslim Scientist Ail bin Tabari is famous for his work on Firdous al-Hikmah.
228. Haploid cells result from the process of meiosis.
229. All stars are not of the same colour.
230. The left lung has two lobes while the right lung has three lobes.
231. The pulmonary veins return oxygenated blood to the right atrium.
232. Our galaxy milky way is shaped like a large thick concave lens with a large central bulge
233. DNA has a double helix structure while the RNA does not have a double helix structure.
234. The normal temperature of Human Blood is 37C (98.60 F)
235. The liver is a part of gastrointestinal tract.
236. The major fossil fuel impurity is Sulphur.
237. Sphalerite is an ore of Zinc.
238. The most abundant element present in the sun is Hydrogen.
239. The metal atom present in chlorophyll is Magnesium.
240. The gland responsible for the secretion of the hormone estrogen is Ovary.
241. An element used in the doping of silicon for the preparation of a p-type semiconductor is Boron.
242. A synthetic fibre which is a polyamide is Nylon.
243. Glycogen is a carbohydrate.
244. The cell structure that controls movements of material into and out of the cell is Cell Membrane.
245. The unit that co-ordinates different devices of the computer system are Control Unit.
246. Mastication is an example of Mechanical Digestion.
247. Botanically a fruit is a Ripened Ovary.
248. The vocal folds are part of the Larynx.
249. The famous book Al-Qanoon was written by the Muslim scientist Abu Ail Sina.
250. The instrument used for the measurement of blood pressure is Sphygmomanometer.
251. A mammal, which can fly is Bat.
252. A disease which is more common in men than in women and is hereditary in character is Colour Blindness.
253. Snow Leopard is an endangered animal species of Pakistan.
254. Cinnabar is an ore of Mercury.
255. Anabaena azolla is cyanobacterium.
256. The nuclear reaction taking place on the surface of sun is Nuclear Fusion reaction.
257. Jabir bin Hayan prepared Sulphuric Acid.
258. The constituent elements of Brass are Copper and Zinc.
259. The conversion of non-diffusible substances into diffusible ones by the action of enzymes is
260. Diamond is the purest naturally occurring crystalline form of Carbon.
261. Caustic soda is extensively used for making Soap.
262. When a person can see nearer objects but not the distant ones he is said to be suffering
from Myopia/Near-sightedness/Short sightedness.
263. Marble is a metamorphic rock.
264. Curie is a unit of Radioactivity
265. The brown colour of rust is because of Oxidation of iron/formation of iron oxide.
266. The movement of food through oesophagus is by the muscular action is known as Peristalsis.
267. Granite is a form of igneous rock.
268. Cellulose is the min chemical substance in the plant cell wall.
269. Cell Nucleus was first discovered by Robert Brown.
270. Enzymes are organic catalysts made up of proteins.
271. Animals obtain carbohydrate mainly from Starch.
272. The minimum speed of a Pentium II computer is 233 MHz
273. According to recent classifications the living organisms are divided into 5 kingdoms.
274. Glycolysis is a process of Respiration.
275. The unit that coordinates different devices of Computer system is control Unit.
276. Seed is technically Ripened Ovule.
277. ADH is a hormone secreted by Posterior pituitary gland.
278. Permian Period belongs to Palaeozoic era.
279. Right kidney in man is slightly lower in position than the left kidney.
280. Light is visible.
281. Steel is more elastic than rubber.
282. Pitch of man‘s voice is lesser than that of woman.
283. Diastolic blood pressure is lesser than systolic blood pressure.
284. Guava contains more vitamin C than orange.
285. A light year is a unit of distance.
286. Mercury is heavier than lead.
287. Kangaroo Rat is a desert mammal which does not drink water.
288. Aqua Regia is a mixture which can dissolve platinum.
289. The constituent elements of Bronze are tin and copper.
290. The deficiency of Thiamine (B1) causes Beriberi.
291. A nuclear reaction in which two or more than two lighter nucleus are fused together to form a relatively heavier one is calledNuclear Fusion.
292. Diamond is the purest naturally occurring crystalline form of carbon.
293. The hormone secreted by adrenal cortex is Corticosteroids (Cortisol & aldosterone)
294. The three colours combination which produces the sensation of white light is Red, Green and Blue.
295. A six feet tall lady can see her full image in a three feet plane Mirror.
296. Vanadium, a steel gray corrosion resistant metal occur naturally in oxide state.
297. Fibre optics cable carries data in the form of light.
298. Blue flame is hotter than red flame.
299. The falling of yellow leaves during autumn is the seasonal time for plants to get rid of
300. Friction is necessary evil.
301. Cancer can be treated by Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
302. The velocity of a moving object is least where the pressure is greater.
303. The largest planet of solar system is Jupiter.
304. The temperature of the dead human body on Celsius scale is 25C (Normally room Temperature)
305. The number of the spinal nerves in the man is 31 pairs.
306. A primary cell cannot be charged again.
307. Halos around the moon are formed because of the phenomenon of dispersion.
308. Muscle stiffness is called by a disease called Tetanus.
309. Oil rises in a wick of oil lamp on account of a property of matter called Capillary action.
310. Muslim scientist Ail al Tabari is famous for his work on Firdous al-Hikmah.
311. The three elements needed for healthy growth of plants are N (nitrogen), P (phosphorus) and K (potassium).
312. Ammonium nitrate is not used for rice crop.
313. Sea divers use a mixture of gases for breathing during diving. The mixture is 80% He & 20% O2.
314. Ascorbic acid is a water soluble vitamin.
315. Lipase enzyme brings about hydrolysis of fats.
316. The solution if benzoic acid is used for seasoning of food.
317. Influenza is caused by virus.
318. The energy possesses by water in a dam is potential energy.
319. The organ in the human body which is responsible for the digestion of protein only is stomach.
320. Nicolas Leonard Sadi Carnot designed the first internal combustion engine used to burn low
321. William Gilbert was the scientist who asserted the earth to be a huge magnet.
322. The metal known as quick silver is called Mercury.
323. Electrochemical cell converts the chemical energy into electrical energy.
324. Yuri Gagarin was the first person to orbit the earth.
325. Water was discovered by Henry Cavendish.
326. To say in the sunlight while circling the globe at the equator, one has to move with a speed
of 1670 km/hour.
327. Infrared waves have more wavelengths than the red colour.
328. Liver produces bile which is involved in the breakdown of fats.
329. A secondary cell can be charged again.
330. The study of human population is called Demography.
331. Human being belongs to species called Sapiens.
332. Defect of eye due to which nearly located objects are not clearly visible is
333. About 60-70% of the human body consists of water.
334. All of the oxygen that we breathe has been produces by the splitting of water
335. The important ore of Chromium is Chromite.
336. The measurement of rainfall is made by an instrument known as Rain gauge.
337. Oxidation means loss of electron.
338. Poplar is woody raw material which is used for the manufacture of paper pulp.
339. Rectified spirit contains alcohol about 95%.
340. The Famous book; Al-Qanoon was written by the Muslim scientist Abu Ail Sina
341. Basic metals can be converted into gold by artificial nuclear radioactivity.
342. One of the main functions of the earth‘s ozone layer is to filter out ultraviolet rays.
343. The alloy consisting of metals copper, zinc and nickel is called Paktong/Alpaca/Nickel
344. The instrument specially designed for recording earthquake waves is called Seismograph.
345. The electrical device which converts sound energy into electrical energy is Microphone.
346. The ore of mercury metal is Cinnabar.
347. The variation of blood flow can be heard thorough Sphygmomanometer.
348. Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.
349. Neil Armstrong was the first astronaut who first landed on the surface of the moon.
350. Kangaroo rat is the desert mammal which does not drink water.
351. Heat transfers from the sun to the earth through Radiation.
352. Pitch of the cat sound is greater than the dog sound.
353. Ultraviolet light is not visible.
354. A guava contains more vitamin C than an orange.
355. Sound travels faster in iron than air.
356. Wheat Bridge is the name of an electrical circuit.
357. Morphine can cause constipation and lowering of blood pressure.
358. A convex lens is used for the correction of the Hyper-phobia.
359. The nucleic acids are responsible for proteins synthesis in the human body.
360. Entomology is the branch of zoology which deals with the study of insects.
361. Beri Beri is the disease which is caused by the deficiency of vitamin B1.
362. Oil rises in a wick of oil lamp because of a property of matter, called Capillary action.
363. The production of genetically identical offspring is called as Cloning.
364. Mercury is the fastest planet of the solar system.
365. Mercury metal is 13.5 times heavier than water.
366. Relative density of milk is measured by an instrument known as Lactometer.
367. The temperature of a human body is measured by an instrument known as Mercury
368. Gold and silver are known as coinage metals.
369. The amount of ozone in the atmosphere is expressed in ppm (parts per million).
370. One of the country through which equator passes is Kenya
371. Max Planck received the Noble prize in Physics in 1918 for his discovery of energy quanta.
372. Bronze is made up of copper and tin
373. Addison‘s disease is caused by the excessive secretion of Adrenocorticotrophic Hormone.
374. Margalla Hill is a branch of Himalaya Range
375. Humming bird belongs to a category called Endotherm
376. Insulin is secreted by Pancreas, thyroxin by Thyroid gland, Adrenalin by Adrenal gland,
Oestrogen by Ovary, cortisol by Adrenal gland, Testosterone by Testes of male and ovaries of female
377. Japan is called Land of rising sun.
378. Rodenticides are used to kill rats.
379. Venus planet of our solar system is called as Morning Star.
380. The diameter of the earth is 12742 km.
381. Insects are invertebrates
382. Opium is found in poppy.
383. Opium is used to make Heroine.
384. Kitab-al-Manadhir was written by Ibn-al-Haisham.
385. Speed of light is 300000 km/sec
386. Generators convert mechanical energy into electric energy.
387. Dry ice is CO2.
388. Telephone was invented by Dr. Graham Bell.
389. Ammeter is the instrument which is used to measure electric current.
390. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C.
391. Total number of bones in human face is 14.
392. The sky appears blue due to Tyndall Effect.
393. A, D, E, K are fat soluble vitamins
394. The composition of the mixture used for welding is Copper Oxide and Aluminium.
395. Abu ail Sina, Al Beruni, Ibn Al Haisham belonged to which 10th century.
396. Bakelite is not a Thermoplastic.
397. Haematite (a mineral) is the important source of iron.
398. Bauxite is the mineral of Aluminium.
399. Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin.
400. Skin is the largest organ of the body.
401. Vaccine for T.B is Bacillus Calmette Guerin (BCG)
402. Mitochondria is called the power house of the cell.
403. Persons with AB+ blood group are considered to be universal recipient.
404. Study of life in outer space is known as Exobiology.
405. The name of the common mineral salt present in sweat is Sodium Chloride.
406. Sensitive layer of the eye is Retina.
407. Laughing gas as the composition of Nitrogen and Oxygen.
408. Dr. Abdus Salam of Pakistan was one of the contributors of the unification of Electromagnetic
force and weak nuclear force.
409. CAT triplet in DNA codes for valine.
410. The chance of diabetic baby born to parents both heterozygous normal is ¼.
411. Inheritance of acquired characters is not an art of Darwinism.
412. Role of biotechnology in the production of food is based on Fermentation.
413. Founder of modern astronomy was Nicolas Copernicus.
414. The instrument which measures very high temperature is Pyrometer.
415. The science which deals with study of manners and customs of people is Ethics.
416. Dry ice is Solid Carbon Dioxide.
417. Chemical name of vinegar is Dilute Acetic Acid.
418. Deficiency of Pyridoxine decreases haemoglobin production.
419. Orbital period of the planet Mercury around the sun is 88 days.
420. The most splendid and the most magnificent constellation on the sky is Orion.
421. ―Black holes‖ refer to Collapsing objects of high density.
422. Eugenics is the study of altering human beings by changing their genetic components.
423. The position of earth in its orbit when it is at its greatest distance from the sun causing northern
summer is called Aphelion.
424. Ionosphere layer make the radio transmission possible.
425. Television signals are converted into light signals by Transistor.
426. Most of Asteroids lie in asteroid belt between the orbit of Mars and Jupiter.
427. The number of spark plugs needed in a diesel engine is 0.
428. The half-life of a radioactive element is 8 days. It takes 8 days to reduce it from 10mg to 5 mg.
429. The term ―Blue Shift‖ is used to indicate Doppler Effect in which an object appears bluer when
it is moving towards the observer or observer is moving toward the object.
430. Kilowatt-hour is a unit of Power.
431. Fuel used in a Fast Breeder Reactor is Uranium Plutonium Oxide.
432. Monsoon is caused by Revolution of earth.
433. Atmospheric layer ionosphere helps in radio communication.
434. A moderator is used in nuclear reactor in order to slow down the speed of the neutrons.
435. Sedimentary rocks are Porous.
436. Gypsum is a non-metallic mineral.
437. Ozone layer prevents the ultraviolet radiation from entering the atmosphere.
438. The phenomenon of Aurora Borealis, the display of red and green lights in northern hemisphere
is due to radiations from Ionosphere.
439. Oasis is associated with Desert.
440. Quartz crystal in quartz watches work on the principle called Piezo-electric effect.
441. The fruits with seed, like banana, are called Parthenocarpic fruits.
442. Animal which captures and readily kills living animals for tis food is called Predator.
443. In a railway track, two rails are joined end in end with a gap in between them to avoid accidents
due to expansion.
444. Al-Qanoon is the famous book of Ibn-e-Sina in which human physiology and medicine are
445. Copper can be converted into gold by Artificial Radioactivity.
446. In winter an iron pipe feel colder than a wooden window. This is because wood is nonconductor.
447. The echo (reflected sound) will be distinctly heard only at ordinary temperatures if the distance
of the reflecting surfaces from the source of sound is at least 56 ft.
448. It is possible to recognize a person in the dark by simply hearing hiss unique voice. It is because
of the Pitch.
449. When a ray of sunlight enters a dark room, its straight path becomes visible because of dust
particles hanging in the air. It is because light is Transparent.
450. The principle used in radar is the same as that of sonar. In radar we use radio waves; whereas in
sonar we use Ultrasonic.
451. Parsec is a unit of distance.
452. The German or nickel silver is composed of approximately 60% copper, 20% nickel and 20% zinc.
453. The temperature of the dead body is the temperature of the place where it is kept.
454. Cusec is the unit for measuring the flow of liquids/flow rate, equal to one cubic foot per second.
455. The deepest place on earth is Mariana trench.
456. Twinkling of stars is caused by Refraction of light.
457. Magnifying power of a simple microscope can be increased by decreasing focal length of the lens.
458. A very important practical application of properties of matter is hoeing or ―godi‖ practiced by the farmers. This property of matter is called Capillarity.
459. It is observed that the total pressure exerted by air on the man of average size is around 14.7 lb. wt. per square inch. But the man feels quite comfortable. It is because of an equal and opposite pressure acts from inside.
460. A nuclear reactor is a device used to carry out controlled nuclear reaction whereas GM counter is a device used to detect nuclear radiation.
461. A body can escape the gravitational pull of the earth if it is thrown up with a velocity of 7 miles
462. Night vision is possible with the help of Infrared Rays.
463. Myopia is a defect of human eye. It can be corrected by using a lens called concave lens.
464. Walnuts can be broken in the hand by squeezing two together but not one. It is because of work done.
465. The instrument which is specially designed for recording earth quake wave is called
seismograph which measure earth quake waves on a Richter scale.
466. Fossils found in the lowest geological strata are generally most primitive.
467. Evolution can be described as a continuing process.
468. Mutation is the only source new alleles.
469. Polygenic characteristic are controlled by Multiple Genes.
470. Digestion involves ingestion, digestion, absorption and elimination.
471. In humans, most nutrient molecules are absorbed by the small intestine.
472. The energy needed to fuel essential body processes is called Basal metabolism.
473. Inhaled air passes through Bronchiole in the last.
474. Hermaphroditism is a form of sexual reproduction.
475. Cobalt is a metal which is strongly attracted by a magnet.
476. Hepatitis A is transmitted to different individuals by Faeces.
477. The unit that coordinates different devices of the computer system is Control unit.
478. The approximate intensity level of the sound which can cause damage is 100 decibel (dB).
479. Fuse wire is made of 63% tin and 37% lead.
480. The unit of photosynthesis in green plants is called Quantosome.
481. The property by virtue of which metals can be beaten into thin sheets is known as Malleability.
482. The sky appears blue because the earth‘s atmosphere Reflects blue light.
483. Gamma rays are Higher energy rays emitted by radioactive elements.
484. The radiation that is used in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is in the infra-red range.
485. Lead is used in storage batteries.
486. The gas produced during the fermentation of Biomass is Methane.
487. Biogas is the common name of Natural Gas.
488. Bacteria help in the process of fermentation of biomass.
489. One thousand watt power is called as 1 kilowatt.
490. The meter installed in our homes measure electricity in KWh.
491. Unis of electricity consumed by 2500 watt air-conditioner in one hour are 2.5 units.
492. Gas bills are charged in CGS and BTU.
493. In BTU system, one BTU is equal to 1055 joule.
494. Air is present in the atmosphere of earth up to the height of 200 kilometres.
495. All forms of energy that we use are ultimately transformed into Heat energy.
496. The gas which acts as a glass of greenhouse is Carbon dioxide.
497. Google is the largest search engine of internet.
498. Carbon dioxide is used in the preparation of soft drinks.
499. World‘s largest flower auction is held in Aalsmeer.
500. All the plant life is based upon the compounds, which are made up of Oxygen, Carbon and
501. Huge white ball in the sun almost consists of Hydrogen.
502. Charcoal is made by heating wood.
503. In blood, the percentage of water is 90%.
504. As the temperature of ice rises, the ice melts and its density increases.
505. Water is a universal solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
506. The temperature of the water below the solid ice layer is 4 degree centigrade.
507. The volume percentage of nitrogen in air is 78%.
508. The composition of oxygen in air is kept constant by the process of Photosynthesis.
509. Nitrogen occurs in plants and animals in the form of Protein.
510. Air contains volume of carbon dioxide approximately 0.03%.
511. The gases which are used by divers as an artificial atmosphere are helium and oxygen.
512. Noble gases are extremely unreactive.
513. The second most abundant metal found in the earth‘s crust is Iron.
514. The iron content in plant tissue is normally between 50-250ppm.
515. Chernobyl nuclear reactor lies in Russia.
516. Chernobyl nuclear plant was destroyed in 1986 due to Failure of cooling system.
517. Radioactive source must be kept in Lead Container.
518 In Brazil alcohol is used as fuel for vehicles.
519. Voltmeter can be made by modification in Galvanometer.
520. The device used for the measurement of current, voltage and resistance is AVO meter.
521. In the name of multimeter ―AVO‖, V stands for Voltage.
522. Silicon is a Semiconductor.
523. Paper is an insulator.
524. For sending sound waves at large distance, Radio Waves are used.
525. The carrier waves used for the radio transmission have the frequency up to 30 KHz.
526.Video camera is used to convert Picture into electrical signals.
527. In a colour television, the colours are green, red and blue.
528. The waves used for sending signals to the satellite from ground station are Micro Waves.
529. First telegraph signal was transmitted in 1901.
530. In a telephone receiver, Magnet is placed under the diaphragm.
531. Nowadays, the international communication and transmission is being done through the waves known as Microwaves.
532. Modern Bicycle was invented by Staley.
533. Coulomb is the unit of Electric Charge.
534. For certain reasons, some people develop cloudy areas in one or both lenses. This defect is
535. In order to prevent the corrosion of iron pipes they are often coated with a layer of zinc. This process is termed as Galvanization.
536. In a reactor, cadmium rods re used for Absorbing Neutrons.
537. Detergents dissolved in water help in cleaning clothes by reducing the surface tension of water.
538. The swing of a spinning cricket ball in the air can be explained on the basis of Bemoulli‘s
539. The absorption of ink by blotting paper involves Capillary Action phenomenon.
540. Materials for rain proof coats and tents owe their water proof properties to Surface Tension.
541. For being able to see three-dimensional pictures we have to use An Epidiascope.
542. Water has maximum density at 4 degree centigrade.
543. The highest recorded air temperature in the world in degree Celsius is 57.
544. The instrument that measures wind speed is the anemometer.
545. The theory of expanding Universe was first propounded by Hubble.
546. Used tea leaves contain Quinine.
547. A lake starts freezing because of the cold atmosphere. It will first freeze at the top surface.
548. The Sun remains visible for some time after it actually sets below the horizon. This happens due to Atmospheric Refraction.
549. An iceberg is floating in sea. One tenth of its mass will remain above the surface of water.
550. Bat has the highest upper limit of audible range.
551. ―Hotline‖ is A telecommunication link between the rulers of countries.
552. Most of the ozone is concentrated in the Stratosphere.
553. The cow‘s milk contains 80% of water in terms of percentage.
554. Numismatics is the study of Coins.
555. Measles is a viral disease.
556. Vitamin C is present in Citrus Fruits.
557. Leukaemia is a Blood Cancer.
558. Haemophilia is a hereditary disease.
559. Diamond is the hardest material.
560. Lead ball falls through water more slowly than through air because of the viscous force in water.
561. Polaroid‘s are used for Photoelasticity.
562. Scalding with steam is more severe than scalding by boiling water because Steam contains more
energy than boiling water.
563. Cooking oil can be converted into vegetable ghee by the process of Hydrogenation.
564. Stainless steel is an alloy of Iron, Chromium and Nickel.
565. Optical fibres work on the principle of Total internal reflection.
566. Water vapour beyond the dew point results in Condensation.
567. The main chemical substance present in the bones and teeth of animals is Calcium Phosphate.
568. The Green House Effect is caused by an excess of Carbon dioxide.
569. Bats can also fly in dark because they are capable of taking the help of Ultrasonic Waves.
570. Gold is found in its original form.
571. Green vegetables have high iron content.
572. The fat content in buffalo milk is 10%.
573. Whale has the largest egg.
574. The rear view mirror of a motor vehicle is Convex.
575. A post mortem study usually involves an analysis of liver.
576. Bio fertilisers are nitrogen-fixing micro-organisms which can enrich soil.
577. Tincture of iodine consists of A solution of iodine in alcohol.
578. The only planet of solar system which has water vapours is Neptune.
579. The major part of natural gas, petroleum and coal consist of Methane.
580. Gypsum is used for cement.
581. Chromium is obtained from Chromite.
582. Silica is used in glass-making.
583. Human population has become double during the last 45 years.
584. At present population growth rate in Pakistan is 1.573%.
585. In Pakistan, the nuclear power stations are built at Karachi and Chashma.
586. Plutonium is used as Fuel for nuclear fission.
587. Uranium-235 is used in the fission process.
588. The solar energy falling on the atmosphere of earth is almost 1.4 kilowatt per square meter.
589. The large plates of solar panels are painted Black.
590. The temperature of the semi-molten rocks about 10 km below the surface is 200 degree
591. Cataract is a disease of eye.
592. Rayon is made of Cellulose.
593. Meter per second is a unit of Velocity.
594. The greatest number of compounds is formed by the element of Carbon.
595. The major component of honey is Glucose.
596. The working principle of a washing machine is Centrifugation.
597. Oxygen is present in the largest amount in terms of per cent by mass in the earth‘s crust.
598. Radioactivity was first discovered by Henry Becquerel.
599. Helium gas is commonly used in balloons and airships.
600. The process of elimination of water from any system is called Dehydration.
601 Huge white ball in the sun almost consists of Hydrogen.
602. Charcoal is made by heating wood.
603. In blood, the percentage of water is 90%.
604. As the temperature of ice rises, the ice melts and its density increases.
605. Water is a universal solvent for Biochemical Reactions.
606. The temperature of the water below the solid ice layer is 4 degree centigrade.
607. The volume percentage of nitrogen in air is 78%.
608. The composition of oxygen in air is kept constant by the process of Photosynthesis.
609. Nitrogen occurs in plants and animals in the form of Protein.
610. Air contains volume of carbon dioxide approximately 0.03%.
611. The gases which are used by divers as an artificial atmosphere are helium and oxygen.
612. Noble gases are extremely unreactive.
613. The second most abundant metal found in the earth‘s crust is Iron.
614. The iron content in plant tissue is normally between 50-250ppm.
615. Chernobyl nuclear reactor lies in Russia.
616. Chernobyl nuclear plant was destroyed in 1986 due to Failure of cooling system.
617. Radioactive source must be kept in Lead Container.
618. In Brazil alcohol is used as fuel for vehicles.
619. Voltmeter can be made by modification in Galvanometer.
620. The device used for the measurement of current, voltage and resistance is AVO meter.
621. In the name of multimeter ―AVO‖, V stands for Voltage.
622. Silicon is a Semiconductor.
623. Paper is an insulator.
624. For sending sound waves at large distance, Radio Waves are used.
625. The carrier waves used for the radio transmission have the frequency up to 30 KHz.
626. Video camera is used to convert Picture into electrical signals.
627. In a colour television, the colours are green, red and blue.
628. The waves used for sending signals to the satellite from ground station are Micro Waves.
629. First telegraph signal was transmitted in 1901.
630. In a telephone receiver, Magnet is placed under the diaphragm.
631. Nowadays, the international communication and transmission is being done through the waves known as Microwaves.
632. Modern Bicycle was invented by Staley.
633. Coulomb is the unit of Electric Charge.
634. For certain reasons, some people develop cloudy areas in one or both lenses. This defect is
635. In order to prevent the corrosion of iron pipes they are often coated with a layer of zinc. Thisprocess is termed as Galvanization.
636. In a reactor, cadmium rods re used for Absorbing Neutrons.
637. Detergents dissolved in water help in cleaning clothes by reducing the surface tension of water.
638. The swing of a spinning cricket ball in the air can be explained on the basis of Bemoulli‘s
639. The absorption of ink by blotting paper involves Capillary Action phenomenon.
640. Materials for rain proof coats and tents owe their water proof properties to Surface Tension.
641. For being able to see three-dimensional pictures we have to use An Epidiascope.
642. Water has maximum density at 4 degree centigrade.
643. The highest recorded air temperature in the world in degree Celsius is 57.
644. The instrument that measures wind speed is the anemometer.
645. The theory of expanding Universe was first propounded by Hubble.
646. Used tea leaves contain Quinine.
647. A lake starts freezing because of the cold atmosphere. It will first freeze at the top surface.
648. The Sun remains visible for some time after it actually sets below the horizon. This happens due to Atmospheric Refraction.
649. An iceberg is floating in sea. One tenth of its mass will remain above the surface of water.
650. Bat has the highest upper limit of audible range.
651. ―Hotline‖ is A telecommunication link between the rulers of countries.
652. Most of the ozone is concentrated in the Stratosphere.
653. The cow‘s milk contains 80% of water in terms of percentage.
654. Numismatics is the study of Coins.
655. Measles is a viral disease.
656. Vitamin C is present in Citrus Fruits.
657. Leukaemia is a Blood Cancer.
658. Haemophilia is a hereditary disease.
659. Diamond is the hardest material.
660. Lead ball falls through water more slowly than through air because of the viscous force in water.
661. Polaroid‘s are used for Photoelasticity.
662. Scalding with steam is more severe than scalding by boiling water because Steam contains more energy than boiling water.
663. Cooking oil can be converted into vegetable ghee by the process of Hydrogenation.
664. Stainless steel is an alloy of Iron, Chromium and Nickel.
665. Optical fibres work on the principle of Total internal reflection.
666. Water vapour beyond the dew point results in Condensation.
667. The main chemical substance present in the bones and teeth of animals is Calcium Phosphate.
668. The Green House Effect is caused by an excess of Carbon dioxide.
669. Bats can also fly in dark because they are capable of taking the help of Ultrasonic Waves.
670. Gold is found in its original form.
671. Green vegetables have high iron content.
672. The fat content in buffalo milk is 10%.
673. Whale has the largest egg.
674. The rear view mirror of a motor vehicle is Convex.
675. A post mortem study usually involves an analysis of liver.
676. Bio fertilisers are nitrogen-fixing micro-organisms which can enrich soil.
677. Tincture of iodine consists of A solution of iodine in alcohol.
678. The only planet of solar system which has water vapours is Neptune.
679. The major part of natural gas, petroleum and coal consist of Methane.
680. Gypsum is used for cement.
681. Chromium is obtained from Chromite.
682. Silica is used in glass-making.
683. Human population has become double during the last 45 years.
684. At present population growth rate in Pakistan is 1.573%.
685. In Pakistan, the nuclear power stations are built at Karachi and Chashma.
686. Plutonium is used as Fuel for nuclear fission.
687. Uranium-235 is used in the fission process.
688. The solar energy falling on the atmosphere of earth is almost 1.4 kilowatt per square meter.
689. The large plates of solar panels are painted Black.
690. The temperature of the semi-molten rocks about 10 km below the surface is 200 degree
691. Cataract is a disease of eye.
692. Rayon is made of Cellulose.
693. Meter per second is a unit of Velocity.
694. The greatest number of compounds is formed by the element of Carbon.
695. The major component of honey is Glucose.
696. The working principle of a washing machine is Centrifugation.
697. Oxygen is present in the largest amount in terms of per cent by mass in the earth‘s crust.
698. Radioactivity was first discovered by Henry Becquerel.
699. Helium gas is commonly used in balloons and airships.
700. The process of elimination of water from any system is called Dehydration.
701. Sparkling red colour after the blast of fire cracker is due to the presence of Sulphur.
702. The chemical name of aspirin is Acetylsalicylic acid.
703. Animal fat has the highest calories per gram.
704 The commonly present element in the artificial fertilizer is Potassium, Nitrogen and Phosphorus.
705. Potassium nitrate is used in fertilizers.
706. The inherited traits of a person can be investigated by the study of Deoxyribonucleic acid.
707. Silicon is extensively used in electronics.
708. When a bullet is fired upwards vertically, it gains in Potential energy.
709. The mixture of Acetylene and oxygen gases is required in gas welding.
710. Isobars are the lines connecting the places having same Atmospheric pressure.
711. The velocity of wind is related to Pressure gradient.
712. The acid present in the sour milk is Formic acid.
713. The most important stimulant in tea leaves is Caffeine.
714. Dolly was the name of first cloned sheep.
715. The smallest living cell is that of a Mycoplasma (bacterium)
716. We lose consciousness if blood flow to the brain is cut off more than 5 sec.
717. Menopause usually occurs between 40 to 45 years.
718. Platypus and Echidnas are the only monotremes, or mammals that lay eggs.
719. Film is that part of camera which is analogue to the retina in the human eye.
720. 72-80 is the average adult pulse rate.
721. Magnetic resonance is the modern tool for imaging brain tumours.
722. The acid used in a car battery is sulphuric acid.
723. After drinking contaminated water, you would be most apt to develop symptoms of Typhoid
724. In eye donation, Cornea of donor‘s eye is utilized.
725. Alzheimer is a disease of Brain.
726. Cell was discovered by Robert Hooke.
727. A body is taken from Earth to Moon. Its weight will Decreases.
728. Brass is an alloy of Copper and Zinc.
729. Mineral essential for the coagulation of blood is Magnesium.
730. Milk is an example of Emulsion.
731. Iron is the most abundant transition metal.
732. Hydrometer is used to determine specific gravity of liquids.
733. Convex lenses are used for the correction of Long-sightedness (Hyperopia)
734. A transformer is used to Increase or decrease AC voltage.
735. The stones formed in human kidney consist mostly of Calcium oxalate.
736. Most of the explosions in mines occur due to the mixing of Methane with air.
737. A mobile phone sends and receives messages through Radio waves.
738. Fax machine receives the signal and give its output through the Printer.
739. The procedure of crushing the gallstone and kidney stone by laser is called Lithotripsy.
740. Laser is used to produce an image of One dimension.
741. Three dimensional image formed by laser is called Photograph.
742. The first laser ever used is Semiconductor laser.
743. Ordinary light spreads in all directions.
744. Optical fibres are the fine strands of Glass.
745. The satellites which revolve in such an orbit, so that they move with earth rotation are
called Geo-stationary satellites.
746. The elements which emit radiations have atomic number greater than 82.
747. In a normal healthy body, the number of red cells or erythrocytes in each cubic millimetre of blood is 5.0 m.
748. The average life of a red blood cell in the body is about 120 days.
749. DNA is a class of nucleic acids.
750. Cellulose is a Carbohydrate.
751. After long periods of use, a gray spot develops on the inside of a bulb. This is because
the tungsten filament evaporates and collects there.
752. Ice cubes are added to a glass of pure water and a glass of a pure alcohol. The ice would
be Floating in alcohol and sinking in water.
753. Protein which renders a cell less susceptible to attack by viruses is called Chloromycetin.
754. The pigment involved in photosynthesis activity is called Chlorophyll.
755. The chemical part of the dye that absorbs light and produces colour is called photo chrome.
756. A nuclear reactor harnesses nuclear energy by Controlled chain reaction.
757. Eyes are tested by dilating the pupils with a very dilute solution of Atropine.
758. Phenol is used as a raw material in the manufacture of foam used in mattresses, cushions,
759. ECG is an instrument used for the disorder of Heart.
760. Carbon-14 is used for dating very old objects of archaeological importance.
761. Lead is used in storage batteries.
762. Enzymes are Biological catalysts.
763. DNA finger-printing is the latest technology used in Forensic science.
764. Potassium is used in the preparation of glass and soap in the form of Carbonates.
765. Potassium phosphate is used in the preparation of detergent.
766. In Chlorophyll, magnesium is present.
767. Calcium plays a vital role in blood clotting.
668. For water purification, Chlorine is used
769. Deficiency of calcium causes the impaired growth in infants.
770. Wheat, rice, corn and maize are the best sources of carbohydrates.
771. The human blood is divided into four groups.
772. The muscles, tissues and blood all are made up of Proteins.
773. Iron is a part of haemoglobin which transports oxygen.
774. In thyroid glands iodine is required for the synthesis of Thyroxin.
775. The amount of calories provided by egg is 150 K calories/100gm.
776. Jupiter is the largest planet of solar system.
777. The mirror placed near the driver of a bus is Concave mirror.
778. X-rays are used to disintegrate bladder stones.
779. The percentage of carbohydrates in the normal daily food calorie requirement of an adult is
780. Impure blood is received in the heart in the right auricle.
781. Plants take nitrogen in the form of Nitrate.
782. Washing soda in water behaves acidic.
783. The glad which maintains body temperature is the Pituitary gland.
784. Peeled banana under normal condition is brittle.
785. Phrenology deals with sensory perception of animals.
786. Vinegar is produced by two steps, first fermentation of sugar by yeast, second fermentation of ethyl alcohol by bacteria.
787. The longest and the strongest bone in the human body is Femur.
788. Red color has the longest wavelength and violet has the shortest wavelength.
789. Chronometer is used to measure Time.
790. Carbon dioxide is used in fire extinguishers.
791. Hereditary disorders are the result of Defective DNA nucleus.
792. Pure gold is 24 carat.
793. One horse power is equal to 746 watts.
794. Dynamo is a device that converts Mechanical energy into electrical energy.
795. The minimum velocity required to escape from the gravitational pull is 11.2 km/s.
796. Heavy water consists of Oxygen and heavy hydrogen.
797. Polio is a viral disease.
798. Ag is the symbol for silver.
799. Babbage is called the father of computer.
800. Dead red blood cells are stored in liver.
801. Spring tides occur on new moon and full moon days because on these days Sun, moon and earth are in a straight line.
802. Clayey soil is best suited for cotton.
803. The time interval between two beats of a normal human heart is 1 second.
804. The material used for bleaching paper pulp is Sodium hypochlorite.
805. Mercury has the smallest diameter.
806. The instrument, used for recording tremors of earth, is known as Seismograph.
807. Ionosphere makes the radio transmission possible.
808. Colour of the skin is due to the presence of Melanin.
809. Natural rubber is a protein.
810. Concave mirror can be used to focus sunlight.
811. Liver secrets bile.
812. When an object is transferred from the earth to the moon its mass remains unchanged.
813. The unit of sound is Decibel.
814. It is economical to transmit electric power at high voltage.
815. Diamond does not have a tetrahedral structure.
816. The unit to measure the supersonic speed is Mach.
817. The application of the principles of genetics to the improvement of human race is known
818. The penetration of x-rays through an object depends upon the object‘s Density.
819. Using Ultrasound, we can determine the Structure of the body.
820. The find the hidden secrets under the water, the ships and submarines use the Sonar system.
821. The dirt in the dirty water can be separated by using the Ultrasound.
822. Recording of brain waves from outer surface of head is called E.E.G (Electroencephalograph).
823. The first rocket launched by Pakistan was Rahber.
824. The first Nuclear power plant in Pakistan was established at Karachi.
825. Sodium benzoate is used for preservation of food grains.
826. Steel is more elastic than rubber because ratio of stress to strain is more.
827. Haemoglobin makes the blood look red.
828. Mercury is extracted from Cinnabar.
829. Cattle-bone powder is used as fertilizer as it is rich in Phosphorous.
830. Heating element of an electric heater Nichrome.
831. Dry sand appears bright while wet sand appears dark because of Reflection.
832. Acid rain contains high levels of Sulphuric acid.
833. A woman‘s voice is shriller than a man‘s due to smaller vocal chords.
834. The blood glucose level is commonly expressed as Milligram per decilitre.
835. Soft drinks such as colas contain significant quantities of Caffeine.
836. A small pouch containing silica gel is often found in bottles of medicine in tablet or powder
form because silica gel absorbs moisture.
837. Fluorescent tubes are fitted with a choke. The choke coil reduces current in the circuit.
838. For reproduction of sound, a CD (Compact Device) audio player uses a Laser beam.
839. When a CD (Compact Disc used in audio and video systems) is seen in sunlight, rainbow like colours are seen. This can be explained on the basis of the phenomenon of Reflection and diffraction.
840. If a U-238 nucleus splits into two identical parts, the two nuclei so produced will
841. The total genetic material within an individual is known as the Genome.
842. The part of the body directly affected by Pneumonia is Respiratory system.
843. As the amount of clay in a soil increases, its water retaining capacity increases.
844. ―O‖ blood group of human beings is a universal donor.
845. Amino acids are a product of the digestion of Protein.
846. Ptyalin is a starch digeting enzyme.
847. Pepsin, a digestive enzyme, is produced in the Stomach.
848. Milk is nearly a complete food by itself.
849. The acids turn the blue litmus paper Red.
850. Permanent magnets can be made from Cobalt.
851. Nights are cooler in the deserts than in the plants because Sand absorbs heat more quickly than the earth.
852. Atmospheric pressure exerted on the earth is due to the Gravitational pull.
853. Fertilizer having high nitrogen content is Urea.
854. Potassium Carbonate is used for removing air bubbles from the glass during its manufacture.
855. The chemical name for ―baking soda‖ is Sodium Bicarbonate.
856. The snow on the mountains does not melt all at once when it is heated by the sun because it
reflects most of the heat from the sun.
857. First time AIDS was identified in 1983.
858. Anthrax is a bacterial disease.
859. Blood is formed in bone marrow in human body.
860. Quark is the smallest part of the matter discovered by the scientists.
861. Trachoma is a disease of the eye.
862. The heart of a normal adult human being weighs about 300 grams and that of woman 200
863. Heart pumps 5 litre blood per minute in a normal human adult (at resting position).
864. The part of the body directly affected by Rikets is bone tissue.
865. Histology is the study of tissues.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Constitutional Law MCQs and QUIZ||Ahmed Ali Shah||Constitutional Law||10||Sunday, October 02, 2016 06:20 PM|
|Role of MCQs in fetching Marks||Bilal Hassan||Discussion||1||Monday, June 25, 2012 08:42 PM|
|Help regarding Islamiat Mcqs||greenhorn||Islamiat||3||Thursday, December 23, 2010 05:01 PM|
|Plz Submit Current Affairs MCQs here||mhmmdkashif||Current Affairs||8||Thursday, December 17, 2009 03:55 AM|