Differentiate between natural and artificial Satellites
Q Differentiate between natural and artificial Satellites. For what purpose artificial satellites are used?
1. The natural Satellites are celestial bodies that orbit a Planet or any other Celestial body.
2. These are formed by nature.
3. The most well known Natural Satellite is the Earth's Moon.
4. The natural satellites are objects that orbit the earth such as the moon.
5. The natural satellites like Planets are opaque bodies with no light of their own. They also receive heat and light from sun.
6. This are the satellite that are natural in space and are not used officialy by the scientist.
7. The natural satellite is made up of natural material, rock, minerals, water, dust etc.
8. The natural satellites are normally massive enough to stay in orbit under the influence of gravity indefinitely.
9. The natural satellites can not communicate on earth or with other planets.
10. The orbital properties and compositions of natural satellites provide us important information on the origin and evolution of the satellite system. Especially a system of natural satellites orbiting around a gas giant can be regarded as a miniature solar system that contains precious clues for studying the formation of solar systems.
1. The artificial satellite is a device placed in orbit around the earth, moon, or another planet.
2. The artificial satellites are man made.
3. The first artificial satellite was Sputnik I.
4. The artificial satellites are objects humans propel through the earth's atmosphere in order to orbit around the earth.
5. The electrical power required by satellite is provided by panels of solar cells and small nuclear reactors.
6. These are used and controlled by the astronomers and are used upto their will.
7. The artificial satellite is made out of metal and electronics material.
8. The artificial satellites don’t have the advantage like natural satellites which are normally massive enough to stay in orbit indefinitely. They experience decay of orbit as the Earth’s gravity slowly reasserts its hold on them until they eventually slow down and crash back to Earth.
9. The artificial planet can communicate with instruments on earth.
10. Artificial satellites have many uses, including relaying communication signals, making accurate surveys and inventories of the earth's surface and weather patterns, and carrying out scientific experiments.
A satellite, in today's world has various applications in many fields. Most satellites serve one or more functions like:
• Weather Forecasting
• Environmental Monitoring
• Atmospheric Studies satellites
• Remote Sensing satellites
• Search and Rescue satellites
• Space Exploration satellites
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|G.K objectives for all||terminator||Topics and Notes||17||Friday, July 15, 2016 10:07 PM|
|development of pakistan press since 1947||Janeeta||Journalism & Mass Communication||14||Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:03 AM|
|Solved Everyday Science Papers||Dilrauf||General Science & Ability||4||Friday, April 08, 2011 06:10 PM|
|zoology paper 2 (part B)||dj don||Zoology||1||Friday, December 31, 2010 01:35 PM|
|Artificial Selection||atifch||General Science & Ability||0||Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:24 PM|