Thursday, December 13, 2018
12:05 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Pakistan Affairs

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Friday, November 03, 2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Samina Azeemi is on a distinguished road
Default Notes making for Pakistan affairs

I' m preparing for css 2019. Please guide me how to prepare notes for pakistan affairs, as for a single topic there is a lot of data available in books and on internet, which at the end leads to nowhere.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Saturday, November 04, 2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ThroneDeserter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samina Azeemi View Post
I' m preparing for css 2019. Please guide me how to prepare notes for pakistan affairs, as for a single topic there is a lot of data available in books and on internet, which at the end leads to nowhere.
Go through the essential prescribed items from Pre-Partition era (Sufiya, Ulama-e-Din, Sir Syed's Contribution, Nudwatul Ulma, etc.) using any of the books available.

Get some basic idea of important events, missions, plans and conferences in Pakistan Movement. You don't have to know about each and everything but having a bird's eye view is mandatory.

Briefly touch upon the constitution development, and the democratic crises due to military interference.


When you are done with that, revise, repeat and put the books down.

The next phase would take a bit of effort and it usually comprises of post 2000s. Get into as much detail about the important events of last 17 years as you can. Focus on WoT, political upheaval, optimistic situation of democracy post 2008 handover, water crises, possible Kashmir Intifada, economic situation, fiscal deficits, Pakistan-India, Pakistan-Iran, Pakistan-Afghanistan, Pakistan-China and Pakistan-Russian relations, theories of defense, strategic situation in region and all that stuff.

Since 2016, more importance is being given to issues which are current, and to questions which ask for your opinions rather than a straight fixed answer. Your ability to construct logically coherent answers is going to be more important than your ability to reproduce the facts.

Source: Been there, done that - cleared CE-2017 (Written).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThroneDeserter For This Useful Post:
Qasim Farooq (Tuesday, January 16, 2018)
  #3  
Old Sunday, November 05, 2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Thanks: 14
Thanked 94 Times in 78 Posts
Norymberskie is on a distinguished road
Default

I have had a horrible experience with Ikram Rabbani's books so far. His IR book is nearly useless as it is just a compilation of Goldstein's and a few other books. Mostly Goldstein.

I started the topic of SAARC from Ikram Rabbani's book and it says only 12 summits have been held so far. The true number is 18. Its so surprising to see a leading author using outdated information. The whole article on SAARC is outdated. Even after saying only 12 summits have been held so far, the author conveniently talks about the 14th summit later on. He is just not reliable(which is sad since i used his books in Olevels and it was great)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sunday, November 05, 2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Samina Azeemi is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroneDeserter View Post
Go through the essential prescribed items from Pre-Partition era (Sufiya, Ulama-e-Din, Sir Syed's Contribution, Nudwatul Ulma, etc.) using any of the books available.

Get some basic idea of important events, missions, plans and conferences in Pakistan Movement. You don't have to know about each and everything but having a bird's eye view is mandatory.

Briefly touch upon the constitution development, and the democratic crises due to military interference.


When you are done with that, revise, repeat and put the books down.

The next phase would take a bit of effort and it usually comprises of post 2000s. Get into as much detail about the important events of last 17 years as you can. Focus on WoT, political upheaval, optimistic situation of democracy post 2008 handover, water crises, possible Kashmir Intifada, economic situation, fiscal deficits, Pakistan-India, Pakistan-Iran, Pakistan-Afghanistan, Pakistan-China and Pakistan-Russian relations, theories of defense, strategic situation in region and all that stuff.

Since 2016, more importance is being given to issues which are current, and to questions which ask for your opinions rather than a straight fixed answer. Your ability to construct logically coherent answers is going to be more important than your ability to reproduce the facts.

Source: Been there, done that - cleared CE-2017 (Written).
Thank you very much sir for a detailed answer. i'll follow it.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sunday, November 05, 2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ThroneDeserter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norymberskie View Post
I have had a horrible experience with Ikram Rabbani's books so far. His IR book is nearly useless as it is just a compilation of Goldstein's and a few other books. Mostly Goldstein.

I started the topic of SAARC from Ikram Rabbani's book and it says only 12 summits have been held so far. The true number is 18. Its so surprising to see a leading author using outdated information. The whole article on SAARC is outdated. Even after saying only 12 summits have been held so far, the author conveniently talks about the 14th summit later on. He is just not reliable(which is sad since i used his books in Olevels and it was great)
Topics like these, must never be prepared from a book. These things keep changing and author can't be blamed for not fixing each and everything that hasn't been updated - specially when the book belongs to a particular niche.

Use Google to go through post 00s, that's the only reliable way.

That being said, the book is pretty good for Pre-Partition and Post Partition stuff till 2000s.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sunday, November 05, 2017
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Thanks: 14
Thanked 94 Times in 78 Posts
Norymberskie is on a distinguished road
Default

Of course the author has to be blamed. The book is published in Aug 2017 with a price tag of Rs. 900. He is running a con if he is restricting the topics up till 2004. If he cannot add the information post 2004, what is the point of publishing a new edition of the book? Of course in Pakistan we are used to cons and have become experts in finding the right alternative but an author of his caliber should do better.

Anyhow thanks for your reply. Had been waiting for someone to help in this regard for quite a few days now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sunday, November 05, 2017
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
ThroneDeserter is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norymberskie View Post
Of course the author has to be blamed. The book is published in Aug 2017 with a price tag of Rs. 900. He is running a con if he is restricting the topics up till 2004. If he cannot add the information post 2004, what is the point of publishing a new edition of the book? Of course in Pakistan we are used to cons and have become experts in finding the right alternative but an author of his caliber should do better.

Anyhow thanks for your reply. Had been waiting for someone to help in this regard for quite a few days now.
Complaining about stuff I can't change is not my mantra. Since the time is quite important during this phase I'd rather find alternatives than decrying flaws in society.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Tuesday, March 06, 2018
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Peshawar
Posts: 86
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
saim rasheed is on a distinguished road
Default

also send me these notes
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Saturday, October 06, 2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Fraz Nazir is on a distinguished road
Default

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Prepare Notes imabdulkhaliq Arena of Golden Tips 3 Friday, January 05, 2018 04:45 PM
Updated notes for CURRENT AFFAIRS/ PAK AFFAIRS/ ENGLISH 2016 Available. Adeel Ahmed Pakistan Affairs 3 Monday, November 23, 2015 08:26 AM
pak affairs notes uzma khan youzaf zai Pakistan Affairs 7 Friday, October 24, 2014 12:35 AM
Repeated Questions of International Law Last Island International Law 1 Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:13 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.