Wednesday, December 12, 2018
04:51 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Interview & Psychological Tests > Interview

Interview The objective of the Interview is to assess one's personality and leadership skills.The knowledge has already been tested in the written phase.Candidates can Post all related queries here

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014
Muhammad Ijaz Malik's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: D.G.Khan Division( Punjab )
Posts: 60
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Muhammad Ijaz Malik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Interview preparation for competitive exams,,,,

AoA dears All Seniors,

I have experience and knowledge both but why I could not get selected,

please guide me after reading following facts from mine.

I am from D.G.Khan. I have been taking Interview and test in ppsc since 2009,

I have qualified 8 times for Interviews in PPSC in different posts but never

selected. I don't know that what is the reason. I am M.A Political Science

with 57.5% marks, B.A with 63% marks, I.C.S with 53% marks, Matriculation

Science with 70% marks.

My 1st Interview was Naib Tehsildar in march 2009, 2nd computer operator in

nov 2009, 3rd Inspector cooperative societies in Feb 2010, 4th Assistant in

Punjab police in Jan 2011, 5th Food grains Inspector in March 2011, 6th

Zilladar in

April 2011, 7th Inspector cooperative societies in March 2012, 8th Deputy

Account in March 2013, one in MoD SI in Feb 2013, Few in different

Department but never selected..

I will be very thankful to all seniors and CSP to guide me about preparation for

the Interviews, appearance, out look, Introduction, conduct, and also guide

me that in next Interview I should tell the Interviewer of my past Interviews

or not, is it positive point for me or negative? I shall wait your kind guidance

and pray for you all.

I have posted this my problem in many forums but never

got answer, now I decided to post in this forum which frequently for all and I

am hopeful that You guys help me in this problem because it is the problem of

all appearing candidates in competitive exams and Interview. Thanks

Regards:
Ijaz Malik
__
__________________
"Duniya mein har cheez Qeemat se nahein melti, kuch cheezien Qesmat se mela kerti hain". Malik
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014
usmanwrites's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 369
Thanks: 158
Thanked 209 Times in 157 Posts
usmanwrites is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Ijaz Malik View Post
AoA dears All Seniors,

I have experience and knowledge both but why I could not get selected,

please guide me after reading following facts from mine.

I am from D.G.Khan. I have been taking Interview and test in ppsc since 2009,

I have qualified 8 times for Interviews in PPSC in different posts but never

selected. I don't know that what is the reason. I am M.A Political Science

with 57.5% marks, B.A with 63% marks, I.C.S with 53% marks, Matriculation

Science with 70% marks.

My 1st Interview was Naib Tehsildar in march 2009, 2nd computer operator in

nov 2009, 3rd Inspector cooperative societies in Feb 2010, 4th Assistant in

Punjab police in Jan 2011, 5th Food grains Inspector in March 2011, 6th

Zilladar in

April 2011, 7th Inspector cooperative societies in March 2012, 8th Deputy

Account in March 2013, one in MoD SI in Feb 2013, Few in different

Department but never selected..

I will be very thankful to all seniors and CSP to guide me about preparation for

the Interviews, appearance, out look, Introduction, conduct, and also guide

me that in next Interview I should tell the Interviewer of my past Interviews

or not, is it positive point for me or negative? I shall wait your kind guidance

and pray for you all.

I have posted this my problem in many forums but never

got answer, now I decided to post in this forum which frequently for all and I

am hopeful that You guys help me in this problem because it is the problem of

all appearing candidates in competitive exams and Interview. Thanks

Regards:
Ijaz Malik
__
Dear I'm also From D.G.K division. My first ever interview was of SI and i got selected. I was told to be bold, frank,confident and dress up formally and it worked. PPSC takes into account the academic record for such post with heavy weightage. I had pathetic academic record that is unmentionable and is way less than your academic achievements. It means i performed splendidly well in interview and written to get the merit number 15.
For me you should be:

Well dressed
Confident
Frank
Bold
Think before you answer
Maintan eye contact
Speak the TRUTH

But don't forget that at the end it is luck that matters so be humble towards your near and dear one's to gain their blessings.

It would be helpful if you post your last interview
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014
Muhammad Ijaz Malik's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: D.G.Khan Division( Punjab )
Posts: 60
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Muhammad Ijaz Malik is on a distinguished road
Post congratulation,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanwrites View Post
Dear I'm also From D.G.K division. My first ever interview was of SI and i got selected. I was told to be bold, frank,confident and dress up formally and it worked. PPSC takes into account the academic record for such post with heavy weightage. I had pathetic academic record that is unmentionable and is way less than your academic achievements. It means i performed splendidly well in interview and written to get the merit number 15.
For me you should be:

Well dressed
Confident
Frank
Bold
Think before you answer
Maintan eye contact
Speak the TRUTH

But don't forget that at the end it is luck that matters so be humble towards your near and dear one's to gain their blessings.

It would be helpful if you post your last interview
Dear, congratulation to you on your great success. It better that should post your Interview because you are a fresh Interview taker and I had take my Interview last year, and I will find guidance from your Interview, so please post your Interview. I have taken test of ppsc of Manager Auquaf last sunday on 20-04-2014 and on 22-04-2014 of Lecturer Political Science in FPSC, I am very hopeful of qualifying for Interview for these Posts. And I also suggest that we should cooperate with one another at division level D.G.Khan at one place in any city of the division at every weekend, so please show your e-mail address at your Profile or contact at my e-mail address, we should arrange a group at divisional of many candidates to help. I will wait your Reply.. thanks,,

Regards:
Ijaz Malik
__________________
"Duniya mein har cheez Qeemat se nahein melti, kuch cheezien Qesmat se mela kerti hain". Malik
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Muhammad Hussam Khan is on a distinguished road
Default May be helpful for you :)

As far as I could understand, the problem is in the part where you go to face the interviewee.Most of the reasons behind your interview failure should be.

1. Low confidence - when you go in front of the panel, "Be Confident", never underestimate yourself, and make eye to eye contact in whatever the situation you face.

2. Pleasant Personality and proper usage of words - behave as simple as you can, wear the wardrobe according to the environment.

Finally...The words in which you answer must be wisely chosen.The impact you leave by your words is undeniable.Interviewee doesn't seek high grades, contrarily he focus on the product that is "You", yes You Refined by the educational system and the environment in mean time you live by.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Thursday, April 24, 2014
usmanwrites's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 369
Thanks: 158
Thanked 209 Times in 157 Posts
usmanwrites is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Hussam Khan View Post
Interviewee doesn't seek high grades, contrarily he focus on the product that is "You", yes You Refined by the educational system and the environment in mean time you live by.
Yes i agree except the above mentioned argument. PPSC gives heavy weightage to academic achievement sometimes 50% of merit is based upon academic marks and rest is based upon written and interview. This is true when PPSC conducts 100 marks MCQ written test. This is so because one cannot be judged upon single paper of MCQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Candidates interested in interview preparation of ce-2012: Pls report here hassanafzal Interview 52 Friday, November 02, 2012 07:48 PM
Avoid Job Interview Stress shrd Interview 2 Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:40 PM
Why did you fail in Interview (aka Viva-voce)? redmax Interview 40 Saturday, June 30, 2012 08:48 AM
Best Interview Answers To Interview Questions xaara~hussain Jobs Announcements 3 Sunday, September 04, 2011 11:41 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.