Tv and current affairs relationship
1. TV and current affair have a long lasting and ever green relationship. Current affairs can be of multiple natures and of multiple dimensions like sports, entertainment, obituary, policits, information and technology. For success of TV, current affairs have a milestone importance because current affairs means prevailing circumstances and happening around us affecting us as being a part of any nation or this globe. TV gives special coverage to current affairs many occurrences and events happening substantially relate to us in term of physically, morally, spiritually supporting or degradation. On behalf of these reasons TV updates us about the current affairs or any news as soon as it takes places. Current affairs is a gene of broadcast journalism where the emphasis in on detailed and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or going at the time of broadcast,explaination and analysis of current events and issues including the material dealing with the political or industrial controversary or with public policy.
2. Many events of paramount importance have significant repercussion over our lives.Currrent affairs can be of any nature like the hyperinflation or flour and food crisis in Pakistan or Political landscape or any other social or global issues directly or indirectly affecting us. So based on these situations TV played a vital role to bring the truth and hidden realties in front of masses to think, understand, interpret and make conclusion about issue for their survival if issue is of extreme priority.
3. When any occurrence on the globe take places then shower of views and hidden news, interviews and comments, public opinion,conferences,seminars,talk shows, discussion come to discuss these issues on the limelight. Then TV plays its role to give coverage to common man for the concern issue. Usually the current affairs programmes involve debate on hot or important international and national issues. The basic purpose of these programmes is to keep people aware of the issues and problems which they are surrounded with and also to keep them up to date. In these programmes both the sides of a picture are made public regarding some topic and then the decision is left on public.
4. Ironically media and government is opponent in this game because government just wants to bring into limelight of success and achievements of government. But along achievement medio also make public known the flaws and errors committed by the government eventually lead to dispopularity of government that ultimately lead to crisis between the media and government. As soon as the any event takes place many opinion and views are presented both by media and government. Government has its own view and stance about an issue but media here is check and pressure group on the policy matter and hidden reality of any occurrence like recent example of Benazirís Bhutto government flip and change many stances that Benazirís head was hit against the liver of sunroof glass then ultimately exposes the chances of being hit by the three fire shots by the gunmen. So here these current affairs bring a lot of views on the particular issues stunning common man.
5. TV shapes up and moulds the public opinion and these days stimulates and motivates public about the issues of concern. Almost everything done by government is not necessarily to be right and true for the general public. Government if truly elected by masses then they are accountable for the deeds and actions to people. People have right to over throw the rule and divine government opinion if not liked they significant majority. TV bring issue in public court and give awareness and consciousness toward issue so that to avoid any untoward situation.Governement is accountable to masses for the deeds and actions against any stances challenge by the masses of country. If then media is not strong cannot stress and emphasisís the right of people then there would be anarchy and civil war may also dismember any country if the demand of particular section or faction not fulfilled.
6. when the voice of voiceless is suppressed or ignored on any forum over any current issue then TV is Messiah to highlight the issues of toward the concerned authorities like the example of Disaster of oct 08 left many homesless, and thousand of them sustained injuries and deaths.affectes and victims could not get relief instead of huge amount provided by the international Donors amounting the 6 billion dollars. Then many private TV channels give coverage of backdoors conspiracies and intriguency of dividing the large sum of money among the exclusive upper layer of political elite. Here role of TV is extremely important to bring in to light these backdoor hidden realities to public to shape up opinion.
7. Event of any types nature pertaining to current affairs are treated by TV through different process and modes then presented to public in form of live dicusssion, recorded discussion or documentary report. This discussion can be of various types different taste and interest like, religious talk of any current news, social, science etc.
So the role of TV is very important in term of current affairs. Its not only a platform of entertainment and amusement but also the representative of general public in term of public issues of paramount importance.