Thursday, June 20, 2024
02:43 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Optional subjects > Group IV > Islamic History & Culture

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old Saturday, November 10, 2012
Shanisar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Quetta
Posts: 21
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Shanisar is on a distinguished road
Default

stunner bro, what do say abt it, as Mazar ul haq has written that when usman r.a asked hazrat Ali, Talha and Zubair r.a to come for his help against the conspirators, they only sent their children instead of coming themselves... isnt this statement shows the other companions were (nauzu billa) half heartedly supporting the conspirators..

is it necessary that to write r.a with every companion?

stunner bro, one last but irrelevant question regarding this thread. sorry for that. as u have scored 168 in 2012. did u qualify for interview and was it ur last attempt?

if i could have ur contact numbr plz?? thanxx..

keep on smiling.. God bless u..
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Monday, November 12, 2012
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harreem is on a distinguished road
Default

@Stunner
Can you please post the exact links of the documentaries in the first post? Thank you very much for your guidance. It is indeed informative.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Stunner's Avatar
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lahore ..
Posts: 659
Thanks: 847
Thanked 800 Times in 373 Posts
Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanisar View Post
stunner bro, what do say abt it, as Mazar ul haq has written that when usman r.a asked hazrat Ali, Talha and Zubair r.a to come for his help against the conspirators, they only sent their children instead of coming themselves... isnt this statement shows the other companions were (nauzu billa) half heartedly supporting the conspirators..

is it necessary that to write r.a with every companion?
Bro if you read other authentic books, some even by Western writers, this stance of Mazhar ul Haq has been negated many times there .. There is certainly some uncertainty to the exact quoted history by either sides but the most accepted view is that Hazrat Usman himself denied any help as he did not want bloodshed even of an enemy (written in many books about his very soft-heartedness) and also because he thought it was not viable for the opposing party to kill a sitting Caliph, which they subsequently did ..
Do not quote Mazhar ul Haq in paper but if you read the same stance by any other authentic writer then you can quote him and negate him in light of some other writers' findings and your personal opinion afterall .. Do not be biased, always quote some scholar's views then counter views and then your personal opinion backed by solid arguments ..

You can write R.A with every companion ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanisar View Post
stunner bro, one last but irrelevant question regarding this thread. sorry for that. as u have scored 168 in 2012. did u qualify for interview and was it ur last attempt?

if i could have ur contact numbr plz?? thanxx..

keep on smiling.. God bless u..
I scored 166 in Islamic History .. It was my first and last chance as I have turned 28 this year .. I failed in General Knowledge part ..

You can have my email from my profile ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harreem View Post
@Stunner
Can you please post the exact links of the documentaries in the first post? Thank you very much for your guidance. It is indeed informative.
I have lost the original links but you can 'Download Bit Torrent on your computer and then google the documentary titles with words 'Bit Torrent' added .. Example: Write 'When Moors Ruled In Europe Documentary Bit Torrent' .. Choose one from the options given and it will start downloading in Bit Torrent ..

Regards ..
__________________
You Have To Keep Breaking Your Heart Until It Opens .. !! Rumi ..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stunner For This Useful Post:
sadiakanwal (Friday, July 04, 2014)
  #44  
Old Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Shanisar's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Quetta
Posts: 21
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Shanisar is on a distinguished road
Default

[QUOTE=Stunner;511364]Bro if you read other authentic books, some even by Western writers, this stance of Mazhar ul Haq has been negated many times there .. There is certainly some uncertainty to the exact quoted history by either sides but the most accepted view is that Hazrat Usman himself denied any help as he did not want bloodshed even of an enemy (written in many books about his very soft-heartedness) and also because he thought it was not viable for the opposing party to kill a sitting Caliph, which they subsequently did ..
Do not quote Mazhar ul Haq in paper but if you read the same stance by any other authentic writer then you can quote him and negate him in light of some other writers' findings and your personal opinion afterall .. Do not be biased, always quote some scholar's views then counter views and then your personal opinion backed by solid arguments ..

You can write R.A with every companion ..



I scored 166 in Islamic History .. It was my first and last chance as I have turned 28 this year .. I failed in General Knowledge part ..

You can have my email from my profile ..


thank you for valuables bro.. hope u will achieve landmarks in other fields by ur strength.. may ALLAH bless u.. what was ur combination and total score?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shanisar For This Useful Post:
Stunner (Wednesday, November 14, 2012)
  #45  
Old Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Stunner's Avatar
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lahore ..
Posts: 659
Thanks: 847
Thanked 800 Times in 373 Posts
Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice
Default Islamic History & Culture Paper 2 ..

Dear friends,

Please find below the syllabus and relevant portions to cover for Islamic History Part 2 ..

1- Islam in Africa and Spain

In this section you'll have to cover the topics relating to conquests of Africa and Spain .. Text books have marked them as easy conquests .. Find out in the mentioned books why these conquests were easy and what strategy the Muslims had when they took over these parts .. ? Read about Musa and Tariq Bin Ziad for Spain part, about their rivalry and what fate did they meet later .. ? Their end is a dark part of Islamic History and you have to study role of Sulaiman in all that and why such heroic Generals were ridiculed .. ? The most accpeted view relates to racism and discrimination .. You can quote such examples even when answering any downfall question ..

Later cover the spread of Islam and boundaries of Islamic empire in these parts .. Roles on Abdur Rehman 1, Abdul Malik, Abdur Rehman 2 and 3 .. The strengthening and weakening of the empire .. Read on tax policy by later rulers and role of mercenaries in weakening the defence there ..

Relevant books for this part: 'Spanish Islam' by Reinhardt Dozy, 'Preaching of Islam' by Sir Thomas Arnold and pet knowledge from Mazhar ul Haq's second book on Spanish Islam, but do not quote him in paper .. Also watch the documentary by Bettany Hughes 'When Moors ruled in Europe' ..

One can easily and thoroughly cover this part in 3 - 5 days ..

2- Muslim achievements in Natural and Social Sciences:

Schools of Baghadad, Spain and Iran, Muslim contribution to History, Science. Medicine and other branches of human civilization.

This is a very important part of Islamic History paper 1 and 2 as it relates to the legacy of Muslim empires, rulers and societies .. You can relate the knowledge gained for this section to any answer in Paper 1 or 2 ..
Read philosophers, scientists and historians, like Ibn e Sina, Al Razi, Ibn e Khaldun and Ibn Al-Haitham etc ..

For a comparison of knowledge and society you can watch documentaries mentioned in earlier posts .. Note that in those times Western nations considered the study of Aristotle and other Greek legends as Blasphemous .. The Muslims studied them, translated their works, excelled from the knowledge, later even challenged their works and made new discoveries .. Those works done by Muslims spread the illumination of knowledge and technology to whole of Europe and West overall .. So the Rainassance of Europe is indebted to the works of these great people ..

You can relate the difference of Muslim and other doctors as I mentioned in the first post of this thread .. Bettany Hughes makes an excellent analogy there .. Also you can draw diagram of devices like Astrolobe which the Muslims invented and later helped in navigation of ships .. Its simple and can be drwan in exam within a minute ..

P.S: Read these portions as both Fatimid and Umayyad .. One can cover this part in 2 - 3 days ..

3- Muslim Arts

Muslims' contribution in architecture, music, painting, handicrafts, pottery, calligraphy, etc.

Study this part exactly as the one above .. For architecture read on places like Cordoba, Al-Hambra, Zahra palace and Spanish architecture overall .. I drew a diagram on Mathematical explanation of Al-Hambra palace as was mentioned by Bettany Hughes .. Watch that documentary and draw that diagram in any question relating to Muslim advancement .. If you look at it you'll find how a master piece was created using a rope and a scale with amazing mathematical accuracy which even amazes the world today .. For painting, music and other stuff you'll come across knowledge while studying personalities like Abdur Rehman 3 and others .. Read about Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem that Abdul Malik re-modelled .. Also about great mosque of Damascus .. It is also an allround area and knowledge for this section can be adjusted any relevant question .. Study both Ummayyad and Fatimid parts ..

Also contrast and show the evolution of Muslim culture and society from the times of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W .. I can remember a quote from M.M Sharif's 'A history of Muslim Philosophy' where he states that:

'Arabia at the rise of Islam, does not appear to have possessed anything worthy of the name of architecture. Only a small portion of the population was settled and lived in dwellings which were scarcely more than hovels'.

You can have an idea of how quoting and relating knowledge works .. From here on you can write about advancement of Spanish and Fatimid empires and write how the society had progressed but as on antagonistic posts .. During the times of the Prophet the society and culture was one, later it evolved and progressed a lot but dividedly ..

P.S: Remember this is not only Islamic History Paper .. Its on 'Islamic History and Culture' and you would need to quote cultural examples along with history where ever it is relevant ..

4- Renaissance and Reformation

Origin of this intellectual revolution; Contribution of' Muslim Universities and Seminaries in Spain and Baghdad:
Dissemination of Muslim learning's in the West.

Read about inquisition in Spain and Rainassance .. All the knowledge required has been acquired above .. Just relate that to this section .. How the Muslims disseminated and how their works were handeled by the West .. ? The little that they preserved changed the world and was carried on by the West for many centuries to come .. Quote examples of works of Ibn e Sina that had been taught in Europe's Universities till only a couple of centuries ago .. Muslim advancement in surgery was preserved by West and their state now can be related to the quote by Bettany Hughes on comparison of Muslim and Europe's doctors at times of Spanish Islam ..

So basically if you have read and prepared the above mentioned topics, you'll now feel that you can answer any question by just relating the knowledge, quoting sources and giving your personal opinions backed by solid arguments ..

5- Modem World

Impact of Islam on Western thought, social institutions and economic policies.

This, again, is a general Islamiat like question and you can answer it well if the above mentioned parts have been studied in detail .. Impact on Western thought can be related to workd of Muslim philosophers whose work was carried on and translated by Western philosophers .. Islamic Welfare and social system had impact of Western social system and tried to develop more or less the same .. In economic policies you can quote examples of tax system and minimum interest or markup rate examples .. Even you can quote that in the present day interest rate in Muslim countries in around 10 to 12 % whereas in West it is around 2 to 3 % and which is ironic ..

This is all I can remember right now .. I have tried my best to guide you people well .. If there is something missiing you can cover it by searching yourself .. If there has been some error on my part please feel free to rectify it ..

Best of luck to all of you ..

Regards ..
__________________
You Have To Keep Breaking Your Heart Until It Opens .. !! Rumi ..
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stunner For This Useful Post:
azure (Sunday, December 02, 2012), mariashamshad (Thursday, January 31, 2013), mudasr (Monday, November 26, 2012), MUHAMMAD LUQMAN GUJAR (Sunday, November 18, 2012), pakdolly (Thursday, November 15, 2012), venomous sophie (Sunday, January 20, 2013), VetDoctor (Wednesday, November 14, 2012), zuhaib ahmed (Tuesday, November 27, 2012)
  #46  
Old Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Stunner's Avatar
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lahore ..
Posts: 659
Thanks: 847
Thanked 800 Times in 373 Posts
Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanisar View Post

thank you for valuables bro.. hope u will achieve landmarks in other fields by ur strength.. may ALLAH bless u.. what was ur combination and total score?
My total was 735 and my combination was Islamic History and Cutlure, Psychology, Punjabi and International Law ..

Thanks a lot for wishing good for me ..

Regards ..
__________________
You Have To Keep Breaking Your Heart Until It Opens .. !! Rumi ..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stunner For This Useful Post:
Young Hafiz (Saturday, October 18, 2014)
  #47  
Old Sunday, November 18, 2012
MUHAMMAD LUQMAN GUJAR's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In the land of realities on the bed of dreams!
Posts: 141
Thanks: 72
Thanked 74 Times in 59 Posts
MUHAMMAD LUQMAN GUJAR will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
Dear friends,

Please find below the syllabus and relevant portions to cover for Islamic History Part 2 ..

1- Islam in Africa and Spain

In this section you'll have to cover the topics relating to conquests of Africa and Spain .. Text books have marked them as easy conquests .. Find out in the mentioned books why these conquests were easy and what strategy the Muslims had when they took over these parts .. ? Read about Musa and Tariq Bin Ziad for Spain part, about their rivalry and what fate did they meet later .. ? Their end is a dark part of Islamic History and you have to study role of Sulaiman in all that and why such heroic Generals were ridiculed .. ? The most accpeted view relates to racism and discrimination .. You can quote such examples even when answering any downfall question ..

Later cover the spread of Islam and boundaries of Islamic empire in these parts .. Roles on Abdur Rehman 1, Abdul Malik, Abdur Rehman 2 and 3 .. The strengthening and weakening of the empire .. Read on tax policy by later rulers and role of mercenaries in weakening the defence there ..

Relevant books for this part: 'Spanish Islam' by Reinhardt Dozy, 'Preaching of Islam' by Sir Thomas Arnold and pet knowledge from Mazhar ul Haq's second book on Spanish Islam, but do not quote him in paper .. Also watch the documentary by Bettany Hughes 'When Moors ruled in Europe' ..

One can easily and thoroughly cover this part in 3 - 5 days ..

2- Muslim achievements in Natural and Social Sciences:

Schools of Baghadad, Spain and Iran, Muslim contribution to History, Science. Medicine and other branches of human civilization.

This is a very important part of Islamic History paper 1 and 2 as it relates to the legacy of Muslim empires, rulers and societies .. You can relate the knowledge gained for this section to any answer in Paper 1 or 2 ..
Read philosophers, scientists and historians, like Ibn e Sina, Al Razi, Ibn e Khaldun and Ibn Al-Haitham etc ..

For a comparison of knowledge and society you can watch documentaries mentioned in earlier posts .. Note that in those times Western nations considered the study of Aristotle and other Greek legends as Blasphemous .. The Muslims studied them, translated their works, excelled from the knowledge, later even challenged their works and made new discoveries .. Those works done by Muslims spread the illumination of knowledge and technology to whole of Europe and West overall .. So the Rainassance of Europe is indebted to the works of these great people ..

You can relate the difference of Muslim and other doctors as I mentioned in the first post of this thread .. Bettany Hughes makes an excellent analogy there .. Also you can draw diagram of devices like Astrolobe which the Muslims invented and later helped in navigation of ships .. Its simple and can be drwan in exam within a minute ..

P.S: Read these portions as both Fatimid and Umayyad .. One can cover this part in 2 - 3 days ..

3- Muslim Arts

Muslims' contribution in architecture, music, painting, handicrafts, pottery, calligraphy, etc.

Study this part exactly as the one above .. For architecture read on places like Cordoba, Al-Hambra, Zahra palace and Spanish architecture overall .. I drew a diagram on Mathematical explanation of Al-Hambra palace as was mentioned by Bettany Hughes .. Watch that documentary and draw that diagram in any question relating to Muslim advancement .. If you look at it you'll find how a master piece was created using a rope and a scale with amazing mathematical accuracy which even amazes the world today .. For painting, music and other stuff you'll come across knowledge while studying personalities like Abdur Rehman 3 and others .. Read about Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem that Abdul Malik re-modelled .. Also about great mosque of Damascus .. It is also an allround area and knowledge for this section can be adjusted any relevant question .. Study both Ummayyad and Fatimid parts ..

Also contrast and show the evolution of Muslim culture and society from the times of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W .. I can remember a quote from M.M Sharif's 'A history of Muslim Philosophy' where he states that:

'Arabia at the rise of Islam, does not appear to have possessed anything worthy of the name of architecture. Only a small portion of the population was settled and lived in dwellings which were scarcely more than hovels'.

You can have an idea of how quoting and relating knowledge works .. From here on you can write about advancement of Spanish and Fatimid empires and write how the society had progressed but as on antagonistic posts .. During the times of the Prophet the society and culture was one, later it evolved and progressed a lot but dividedly ..

P.S: Remember this is not only Islamic History Paper .. Its on 'Islamic History and Culture' and you would need to quote cultural examples along with history where ever it is relevant ..

4- Renaissance and Reformation

Origin of this intellectual revolution; Contribution of' Muslim Universities and Seminaries in Spain and Baghdad:
Dissemination of Muslim learning's in the West.

Read about inquisition in Spain and Rainassance .. All the knowledge required has been acquired above .. Just relate that to this section .. How the Muslims disseminated and how their works were handeled by the West .. ? The little that they preserved changed the world and was carried on by the West for many centuries to come .. Quote examples of works of Ibn e Sina that had been taught in Europe's Universities till only a couple of centuries ago .. Muslim advancement in surgery was preserved by West and their state now can be related to the quote by Bettany Hughes on comparison of Muslim and Europe's doctors at times of Spanish Islam ..

So basically if you have read and prepared the above mentioned topics, you'll now feel that you can answer any question by just relating the knowledge, quoting sources and giving your personal opinions backed by solid arguments ..

5- Modem World

Impact of Islam on Western thought, social institutions and economic policies.

This, again, is a general Islamiat like question and you can answer it well if the above mentioned parts have been studied in detail .. Impact on Western thought can be related to workd of Muslim philosophers whose work was carried on and translated by Western philosophers .. Islamic Welfare and social system had impact of Western social system and tried to develop more or less the same .. In economic policies you can quote examples of tax system and minimum interest or markup rate examples .. Even you can quote that in the present day interest rate in Muslim countries in around 10 to 12 % whereas in West it is around 2 to 3 % and which is ironic ..

This is all I can remember right now .. I have tried my best to guide you people well .. If there is something missiing you can cover it by searching yourself .. If there has been some error on my part please feel free to rectify it ..

Best of luck to all of you ..

Regards ..
which books are the best for MCQs ??????????
__________________
“Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.”
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Monday, November 19, 2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: OKARA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 5
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Rehman Baber is on a distinguished road
Default

i am preparing this subject(islamic history)from the book of author Prof.K.ali
is it fine?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Monday, November 19, 2012
alihashmatkhoso's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Karachi, now Lahore .
Posts: 773
Thanks: 431
Thanked 854 Times in 468 Posts
alihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura aboutalihashmatkhoso has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehman Baber View Post
i am preparing this subject(islamic history)from the book of author Prof.K.ali
is it fine?
its not fine, go through islamic history by mazhar ul haq. best of luck
__________________
LOVE all, TRUST a few, do WRONG to none......
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Stunner's Avatar
PHILOSOPHER
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lahore ..
Posts: 659
Thanks: 847
Thanked 800 Times in 373 Posts
Stunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really niceStunner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUHAMMAD LUQMAN GUJAR View Post
which books are the best for MCQs ??????????
1- Highlight important points for MCQs while doing your reading from the books ..
2- Go through solved MCQs from Past Papers, posted by an honourable member in Islamic History section ..
3- You can also get hold of Caravan publishers' book on Islamic History & Culture MCQs ..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehman Baber View Post
i am preparing this subject(islamic history)from the book of author Prof.K.ali
is it fine?
No single book is enough for Islamic History & Culture .. Go through all posts of this thread and you'll have an idea of the required sources ..

Regards ..
__________________
You Have To Keep Breaking Your Heart Until It Opens .. !! Rumi ..

Last edited by Stunner; Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Info Rectified ..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stunner For This Useful Post:
azure (Sunday, December 02, 2012), MUHAMMAD LUQMAN GUJAR (Tuesday, November 20, 2012)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History an overview Naseer Ahmed Chandio Topics and Notes 4 Monday, March 29, 2021 12:16 PM
Pakistan's History From 1947-till present Sumairs Pakistan Affairs 13 Sunday, October 27, 2019 02:55 PM
Muslim Law and Jurisprudence Paper 2010 Sajid Sadeem CSS 2010 Papers 6 Friday, July 01, 2011 05:42 PM
An Islamic State Depoliticizes Religion without secularizing society” Argus News & Articles 0 Saturday, May 13, 2006 11:24 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.