Saturday, May 25, 2019
01:48 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Past Papers > CSS 2014 Papers

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Naveed_Bhuutto's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 738
Thanks: 841
Thanked 1,857 Times in 591 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanum View Post
How can you say that ? I did attempt those question. o_O

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Because almost every candidate would attempt these question. It would be very hard to make your answer look distinct from othet copies by opting these questions.

2ndly these type of questions are rather stereoryped ones, which can be easily found in almost any book that you purchase from market. You cannot show your creativity in these questions.

3rd, I can bet that 80% of candidates would have quoted wrong facts and figures. Hardly anyone would come up with an appropriate answer if I ask that what is the total energy production in Pakistan, shortage and sources of that production or what is the avg per day corruption in Pakistan? pak ranking in world most corrupt countries according to Hdi and etc.

4th, examiner get sick and tired of going through almost same material, same reasoning and arguements in all copies and therefore they hardly award high marks to these type of questions.

And 5th I can go onn and onn as why these queations are not awarded high marks . Questions like this makes Pak/Current Affairs a low scoring subject.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rida Malik View Post
he means that typical, repeated questions give you lesser marks because of their typical nature and it also shows you didn't opt for something challenging
Thank you for narrating me . Almost the perfect precise of my answer.
__________________
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. "Socrates"
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naveed_Bhuutto For This Useful Post:
aghaadnan (Sunday, February 16, 2014), anam9999 (Wednesday, March 25, 2015), Rida Malik (Sunday, February 16, 2014), RMKamran (Monday, February 17, 2014), shoaaibb (Sunday, February 16, 2014), tanker (Saturday, December 12, 2015), Young Hafiz (Tuesday, September 02, 2014)
  #22  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
waqas izhar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Posts: 917
Thanks: 823
Thanked 477 Times in 363 Posts
waqas izhar will become famous soon enough
Default Current affairs 2014

CLICK ON IT

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waqas izhar For This Useful Post:
aghaadnan (Sunday, February 16, 2014)
  #23  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iphello is on a distinguished road
Default

Country with highest internet use
1) china 2) us 3) japan
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Khanum's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lahore
Posts: 122
Thanks: 90
Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Khanum is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Because almost every candidate would attempt these question. It would be very hard to make your answer look distinct from othet copies by opting these questions.

2ndly these type of questions are rather stereoryped ones, which can be easily found in almost any book that you purchase from market. You cannot show your creativity in these questions.

3rd, I can bet that 80% of candidates would have quoted wrong facts and figures. Hardly anyone would come up with an appropriate answer if I ask that what is the total energy production in Pakistan, shortage and sources of that production or what is the avg per day corruption in Pakistan? pak ranking in world most corrupt countries according to Hdi and etc.

4th, examiner get sick and tired of going through almost same material, same reasoning and arguements in all copies and he hardly award high marks to these type of questions.

And 5th I can go onn and onn as why these queations are not awarded high marks . Questions like this makes Pak/Current Affairs a low scoring subject.




Thank you for narrating me . Almost the perfect precise of my answer.
I get your point. U are indeed right, but Its unfair with people who try to be honest with the examiner. I didnt quote any hardcore statistics nor I copied any notes. I never went to academy or bothered with past papers. Im amazed that still originality wouldnt matter. Lets see Where I land. thanks for the duas.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Khanum For This Useful Post:
mhz99 (Sunday, February 16, 2014)
  #25  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Punjab
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sifaat Rajput is on a distinguished road
Default

I attempted the bottom 4 questions. Academies have been thrashed by FPSC all questions demanded analysis and creativity.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sifaat Rajput For This Useful Post:
mhz99 (Sunday, February 16, 2014)
  #26  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 83
Thanks: 48
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
samar ahmad is on a distinguished road
Default

Critally appreciate decision making for energy crisis? Is it mean only appreciation? Because I took both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
exclusively's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,880
Thanks: 1,595
Thanked 1,279 Times in 781 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Because almost every candidate would attempt these question. It would be very hard to make your answer look distinct from othet copies by opting these questions.

2ndly these type of questions are rather stereoryped ones, which can be easily found in almost any book that you purchase from market. You cannot show your creativity in these questions.

3rd, I can bet that 80% of candidates would have quoted wrong facts and figures. Hardly anyone would come up with an appropriate answer if I ask that what is the total energy production in Pakistan, shortage and sources of that production or what is the avg per day corruption in Pakistan? pak ranking in world most corrupt countries according to Hdi and etc.

4th, examiner get sick and tired of going through almost same material, same reasoning and arguements in all copies and therefore they hardly award high marks to these type of questions.

And 5th I can go onn and onn as why these queations are not awarded high marks . Questions like this makes Pak/Current Affairs a low scoring subject.




Thank you for narrating me . Almost the perfect precise of my answer.
I second....


Naveed bhai can you attempt these questions shortly by just outlines:

Q. Discuss impact of AFPAK policy on Pak-US relations?.........In this question I drew maps, and wrote many facts and figures and discussed the policies between AFP and impacts on the PAK US relations, I gave dominancy and hegemony of USA, plus some examples e.g both negative positive impacts on PAK-US relations due to AFPAK..

Q. Substantiate Pakistan's role in UN peace keeping missions?............I focuesd on terrorism, and gave many facts and figures e.g causalities, economics losses due to terrorism and pakistan's stance in peace keeping and many other things..

Q. Critically appreciate the decision making in Pakistan regarding energy crisis in Pakistan?...............I took two perspective, decesion making of previous governments and today's governments, and mentions a lot of statistics. Discussed projects, TAPI, IP, Thar Coal, KPK, Punjab Dams and bla bla blaaaaaaaa

Thanks in anticipation....

And EDS Paper was vvvvvvery easy. Mcqs were also easy to me.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Muhmmad Ali Raza's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 141
Thanks: 26
Thanked 64 Times in 45 Posts
Muhmmad Ali Raza is on a distinguished road
Default

Well dear you got the point. There could not be more tricky paper than this. Character building maar nhen piar concept. Energy crisis pak iran gaspipe line an appreciable decision but readily criticized. Water conflict agriculture aridness due shortage and corruption was the most tricky local bodies and provincial govt independence...... comments are welcome
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: khairpur,sindh
Posts: 31
Thanks: 25
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
sabit ali is on a distinguished road
Default

I agree with you
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Sunday, February 16, 2014
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 76
Thanks: 25
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
shoaaibb is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveed_Bhuutto View Post
Because almost every candidate would attempt these question. It would be very hard to make your answer look distinct from othet copies by opting these questions.

2ndly these type of questions are rather stereoryped ones, which can be easily found in almost any book that you purchase from market. You cannot show your creativity in these questions.

3rd, I can bet that 80% of candidates would have quoted wrong facts and figures. Hardly anyone would come up with an appropriate answer if I ask that what is the total energy production in Pakistan, shortage and sources of that production or what is the avg per day corruption in Pakistan? pak ranking in world most corrupt countries according to Hdi and etc.

4th, examiner get sick and tired of going through almost same material, same reasoning and arguements in all copies and therefore they hardly award high marks to these type of questions.

And 5th I can go onn and onn as why these queations are not awarded high marks . Questions like this makes Pak/Current Affairs a low scoring subject.




Thank you for narrating me . Almost the perfect precise of my answer.
sir please make outlines of few questions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs 2014 mcqs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solved Papers of Current Affairs 1988 TO 2013 Farhat Mahfooz Current Affairs 1 Saturday, April 23, 2016 11:22 PM
Current Affairs 2014 - A Quick Review of Important Topics Abrahm Lincoln Current Affairs 14 Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:23 AM
Current affairs Topics For CE 2014?? Waseeem Abbas Current Affairs 1 Thursday, August 01, 2013 03:54 PM
Current affairs for 2014 exams tazimchaudhary Current Affairs 3 Sunday, April 14, 2013 01:35 AM
All about Current Affairs Argus Current Affairs 1 Tuesday, November 15, 2005 03:01 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.