Friday, January 24, 2020
10:53 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Past Papers > CSS 2015 Papers

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #131  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Lahore
Posts: 33
Thanks: 20
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
knowledgefundy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushra shakil View Post
seniors check outline ....
I may disapprove what you say may , but I will defend your right to say till my death
my stance was that i disagree with statement. because freedom ends where my nose start... freedom to say may create chaos which we r witnessing now a days
• Introduction
 Term explained
 Un declaration
 Pakistan constitution
• Consequences of free speech
 Charlie hebdo
 Yellow journalism
 Abusive language by political parties
 Satanic verse by terry john
 Allegation on ISI
 AIB Indian comedy program
• Recent statement of Pope of France about freedom to speech
• Reason for putting ban on speech
 To protect national security
 To save ones character
 To avoid shia sunni clash
 To protect national organization like isi
 To protect one belief and conviction
 To protect ones religion and respectable personality
• Steps needed to make limits on freedom
 Education on tolerating other’s belief and conviction
 Leaders must come on front as role model
 Role of u.n
Banning the Freedom of Speech sounds like Nazi Germany. Just saying
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
KimiChem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 26
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
KimiChem is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveu Bartowski View Post
and also keep one thing in mind, since about 90% people went for 'War on Terror' essay so only that will pass who would have chiseled his essay exactly according to the exact scope of the topic as only one teacher would check all the essay papers !!!..
one teacher for more than 10000 papers?????? how iz it possible??
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
waqas izhar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Posts: 917
Thanks: 823
Thanked 477 Times in 363 Posts
waqas izhar will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiChem View Post
one teacher for more than 10000 papers?????? how iz it possible??
it is for all papers. one examiner per subject
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
KimiChem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 26
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
KimiChem is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
it is for all papers. one examiner per subject
i am still not clear.... one person cannot check all the papers of a subject... these are in thousands....
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
waqas izhar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Posts: 917
Thanks: 823
Thanked 477 Times in 363 Posts
waqas izhar will become famous soon enough
Default

only compulsories are in greater number. look if there is more than one examiner then it is not just or fair. to keep homogeneous checking it has to be one examiner. that is why outline is very important. your outline will determine whether you pass or fail.

one examiner per subject is a confirmed fact by CSPs my friend
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
KimiChem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 26
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
KimiChem is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
only compulsories are in greater number. look if there is more than one examiner then it is not just or fair. to keep homogeneous checking it has to be one examiner. that is why outline is very important. your outline will determine whether you pass or fail.

one examiner per subject is a confirmed fact by CSPs my friend

If it is really so then its the one and only level playing field provided by FPSC
thanks for clarification brother, I was really oblivious to this fact.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
waqas izhar's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Islamabad/Rawalpindi
Posts: 917
Thanks: 823
Thanked 477 Times in 363 Posts
waqas izhar will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiChem View Post
If it is really so then its the one and only level playing field provided by FPSC
thanks for clarification brother, I was really oblivious to this fact.
work on your outline. check the essay outlines of these two persons:

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/members/t...lam-67442.html

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/members/b...san-63684.html
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
KimiChem's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 26
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
KimiChem is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
No more room to practice now.... I have already taken my final chance in 2015 exam.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Friday, February 27, 2015
TAQDEES SHAIKH's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Posts: 85
Thanks: 53
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
TAQDEES SHAIKH is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanx dear,,, still i would say let the examiner determine my destiny!!!
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Monday, March 02, 2015
zaindy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Karachi
Posts: 245
Thanks: 35
Thanked 76 Times in 54 Posts
zaindy is on a distinguished road
Arrow

I wrote on "I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say" (although I corrected the grammatical error in this statement by adding the word "it" at the end of the sentence). This is essentially a topic on free speech.

I am counting on the examiner paying proper attention to the essays they are checking. I did not write an elaborate outline. I don't remember it exactly, but it was roughly:

--Introduction
a) Origin of statement
b) Implications of statement

-- United States First Amendment
-- Free speech in Europe
-- Western Hypocrisy
-- Free speech in Pakistan
-- Compromises
-- Conclusion

I wrote around 10 pages. I identified that the statement is attributed to Voltaire the Frenchman, in the introduction. I gave extensive examples of free speech as practiced in the United States under the first amendment, such as the struggle of Martin Luther King Jr. for Civil rights, which was based on his right to speak without restrictions. I also mentioned the racist organization KKK, which also has a right to spew hate against African Americans. I explained that free speech does not extend to calls for violence. I mentioned political conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who considers 9/11 terrorist attacks an act carried out by the US government itself and yet has a radio show.

With regards to Europe, I obviously mentioned Charlie Hebdo incident's implications, as well as the secular view that religion is an idea not exempt from criticism and ridicule. I mentioned the right wing political fanatic groups such as Golden Dawn of Greece, and English Defence League of England.

Western hypocrisy is exposed by laws in France banning students from wearing a hijab or cross to school, by Switzerland banning minarets of mosques, by Charlie Hebdo terminating the services of an employee for 'anti-semitism', only months before the Paris terrorist attack.

Free speech in Pakistan is restricted by blasphemy laws, but sectarian terrorists are hate mongering freely.

Muslims must exercise patience and restraint when being confronted by hate speech. Write books to debunk anti-Islamic material rather than reacting violently.

Conclusion was that Voltaire's statement is highly idealistic, and absolute free speech does not exist anywhere. There must be a balance between free speech and curbing hate speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqas izhar View Post
only compulsories are in greater number. look if there is more than one examiner then it is not just or fair. to keep homogeneous checking it has to be one examiner. that is why outline is very important. your outline will determine whether you pass or fail.

one examiner per subject is a confirmed fact by CSPs my friend
I have a hard time believing this. It's simply not possible for any one examiner to check nearly 10,000 essays. Even on the front page of the answer booklet, there are two boxes for the signatures of two examiners. Your papers are checked by at least two examiners.

Also, I gave little importance to the outline. What you are implying is that examiners do not even bother reading the essay if they don't like the outline, which sounds ridiculous to me. Since this is an essay paper, I hope the examiner reads everyone's essays with attention. It is the content of your essay, the flow, the structure, your expression and legibility that determines your pass or fail status, not your outline.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Essay:What it Is? Irfi Essay 8 Thursday, August 30, 2018 04:08 PM
Essay made simple shaemureed Essay 1 Sunday, December 28, 2014 10:37 PM
scheme for your essay asmatali Essay 0 Friday, July 08, 2011 11:57 AM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.