Wednesday, November 30, 2022
01:06 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Past Papers > CSS 2018 Papers

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Karachi
Posts: 106
Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
sadam hussein abro is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadam hussein abro View Post
Precis is also taken from wren n Martin
Both precis n comprehension are taken from wren n Martin
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sadam hussein abro For This Useful Post:
étoile brillante (Monday, June 25, 2018)
  #42  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Ehtasham Khattak's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Ehtasham Khattak is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadam hussein abro View Post
1. Snippet (ٹکڑا)
synonyms: piece, fragment, excerpt, extract
antonyms: whole, full-length, full, total

2. Pummel (پیٹنا، برا بھلا کہنا)
synonyms: strike, hit, beat, bash
antonyms: compliment, tap

3. Insuperable (ناقابل فتح، غیر مغلوب، ناقابل عبور)
synonyms: unbeatable, unconquerable, invincible
antonyms: surmountable, conquerable

4. Crude (خام،غیر پختہ)
synonyms: unrefined, untreated, rough, simple
antonyms: refined, sophisticated, decent

5. Cagey (چالاک، محتاط، ہوشیار)
synonyms: secretive, guarded, reticent, cautious, careful
antonyms: frank, open, naive

6. Baleful (تباہ کن، نقصان دہ، مہلک)
synonyms: unfriendly, hostile, wicked, nasty, malign, harmful
antonyms: benevolent, friendly

7. Lax (ڈھیلا، لاپرواہ)
synonyms: slack, negligent, careless, unmindful
antonyms: stern, careful

8. Mesh (مربوط کرنا، ہم آہنگ ہونا)
synonyms: engage, connect, interlock
antonyms: disengage, disconnect, withdraw

9. Placid (پرسکون، حلیم)
synonyms: quiet, calm, tranquil, still, peaceful, smooth
antonyms: excitable, temperamental. rough, stormy

10. Zealot (پرجوش، متعصب)
synonyms: fanatic, enthusiast, extremist, radical
antonyms: moderate, nonpartisan, unbiased
........
1. Inception (آغاز، ابتداء)
synonyms: commencement, foundation, opening, inauguration
antonyms: end, closing, conclusion

2. Picket (دھرنا، احتجاج کرنے والا)
synonyms: protester, demonstrator
antonyms: conformist

3. Disgorge (اگلنا، اگلوانا)
synonyms: discharge, eject, emit, expel, evacuate
antonyms: retain, keep down

4. Lapse (بھول، بیت جانا، گزرنا)
synonyms: interval, failure, decline, mistake, blunder
antonyms: valid, improve, strengthen

5. Heresy (بدعت، الحاد)
synonyms: dissension, dissent, blasphemy, nonconformity
antonyms: agreement, belief, harmony

6. Unfazed (بے فکر، بے پرواہ، مطمئن)
synonyms: calm, relaxed, cool, easy-going, confident
antonyms: confounded, baffled

7. Underling (ماتحت، کارندہ، کمتر)
synonyms: sub-ordinate, inferior, servant
antonyms: boss, leader, superior

8. Slack (سست، ڈھیلا)
synonyms: loose, lazy, lax, inefficient, incompetent
antonyms: efficient, tight, meticulous, diligent, firm

9. Thwart (روک دینا، مخالف ہونا)
synonyms: prevent, oppose, frustrate
antonyms: assist, facilitate

10. Tiff (رنجش، تکرار، معمولی جھگڑا)
synonyms: quarrel, argument, clash, dispute, disagreement
antonyms: agreement, reconciliation
I appreciate the help, but I was looking for right options given in the paper. As you, one does not remember the exact word he/she marked correct in the paper. Would be grateful, if correct options of the paper are mentioned here. If somebody else remembers them, he can share.

I know the meanings of some but the correct options marked in the paper were not mentioned in the above post, which is general in nature. Some specifics related to the paper might do some good.

Thankyou.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Peyas is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadam hussein abro View Post
1. Snippet (ٹکڑا)
synonyms: piece, fragment, excerpt, extract
antonyms: whole, full-length, full, total

2. Pummel (پیٹنا، برا بھلا کہنا)
synonyms: strike, hit, beat, bash
antonyms: compliment, tap

3. Insuperable (ناقابل فتح، غیر مغلوب، ناقابل عبور)
synonyms: unbeatable, unconquerable, invincible
antonyms: surmountable, conquerable

4. Crude (خام،غیر پختہ)
synonyms: unrefined, untreated, rough, simple
antonyms: refined, sophisticated, decent

5. Cagey (چالاک، محتاط، ہوشیار)
synonyms: secretive, guarded, reticent, cautious, careful
antonyms: frank, open, naive

6. Baleful (تباہ کن، نقصان دہ، مہلک)
synonyms: unfriendly, hostile, wicked, nasty, malign, harmful
antonyms: benevolent, friendly

7. Lax (ڈھیلا، لاپرواہ)
synonyms: slack, negligent, careless, unmindful
antonyms: stern, careful

8. Mesh (مربوط کرنا، ہم آہنگ ہونا)
synonyms: engage, connect, interlock
antonyms: disengage, disconnect, withdraw

9. Placid (پرسکون، حلیم)
synonyms: quiet, calm, tranquil, still, peaceful, smooth
antonyms: excitable, temperamental. rough, stormy

10. Zealot (پرجوش، متعصب)
synonyms: fanatic, enthusiast, extremist, radical
antonyms: moderate, nonpartisan, unbiased
........
1. Inception (آغاز، ابتداء)
synonyms: commencement, foundation, opening, inauguration
antonyms: end, closing, conclusion

2. Picket (دھرنا، احتجاج کرنے والا)
synonyms: protester, demonstrator
antonyms: conformist

3. Disgorge (اگلنا، اگلوانا)
synonyms: discharge, eject, emit, expel, evacuate
antonyms: retain, keep down

4. Lapse (بھول، بیت جانا، گزرنا)
synonyms: interval, failure, decline, mistake, blunder
antonyms: valid, improve, strengthen

5. Heresy (بدعت، الحاد)
synonyms: dissension, dissent, blasphemy, nonconformity
antonyms: agreement, belief, harmony

6. Unfazed (بے فکر، بے پرواہ، مطمئن)
synonyms: calm, relaxed, cool, easy-going, confident
antonyms: confounded, baffled

7. Underling (ماتحت، کارندہ، کمتر)
synonyms: sub-ordinate, inferior, servant
antonyms: boss, leader, superior

8. Slack (سست، ڈھیلا)
synonyms: loose, lazy, lax, inefficient, incompetent
antonyms: efficient, tight, meticulous, diligent, firm

9. Thwart (روک دینا، مخالف ہونا)
synonyms: prevent, oppose, frustrate
antonyms: assist, facilitate

10. Tiff (رنجش، تکرار، معمولی جھگڑا)
synonyms: quarrel, argument, clash, dispute, disagreement
antonyms: agreement, reconciliation
kindly share your source please.
Any Vocabulary site link
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peyas For This Useful Post:
lhrlhr (Thursday, November 08, 2018)
  #44  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Between Venus & Mars
Posts: 438
Thanks: 50
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Durrani Abid is on a distinguished road
Default

IMG-20180216-WA0021.jpg
__________________
The Hope we still have.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Between Venus & Mars
Posts: 438
Thanks: 50
Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts
Durrani Abid is on a distinguished road
Default Translation

Lahore is not only a city of politics but also an ancient center of culture.The Mughal culture in this city was on the climax.The city was also the centre of Sikh culture; it also contributed in the field of education and learning.Moreover, it was also a centre of mysticism. Hazrat Ali Hajveri-popularly known as Hazrat Data Ganj Bakhsh- the author of famous book on mysticism-Kashaf ul Mahjoob is also buried in this city. The Lahori fashion remained in vogue in the entire sub continent during the British rule.The significance of the city remained unaffected even after the creation of Pakistan.
__________________
The Hope we still have.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Peshawar
Posts: 32
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
EngrHamzaY is on a distinguished road
Default

Q.5.(a)
(i)Besides
(ii)With
(iii)At
(iv)Into
(v)Against
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Anum Zara's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: UTOPIA
Posts: 582
Thanks: 99
Thanked 330 Times in 218 Posts
Anum Zara is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noormah Khan View Post
Asalam o alaikum
Anum can you tell us the minimum length of a 5 marks question for tomorrow's paper?

P.s I wanted to ask if a single word interpretation goes wrong in translation, would it result to zero ? Also if all your comprehension is answered well, would they still deduct marks ?
Wa Alaikum Salaam...!
If it is a single word in any one of the sentences, chances are that they will only deduct 1-2 marks but if word was the theme of the passage and was repeatedly used in the passage, examiner can award zero marks. It totally depends upon examiner and his instructions.
Yes, they will deduct marks even if your answers are cent percent accurate. I think he awards 15-16 as highest marks because generally we see low scores in this subject.

About paper of general science and ability, if paper setter has followed pattern of last year, he will give 4 notes of 5 marks each in all questions. Since we only have maximum 35 minutes for each question and mathematical questions takes usually more time, I will advise you to keep length of your each note between 1.5-2 sides of paper. In case one writes in a turtle speed, he or she can write 1.25 sides of paper due to shortage of time in order to complete his or her paper on time. One should try to write as much as he or she can but in allotted time for each question. There are others ways to fill the sheet. I hope you have got my point.
Forget about previous 2 papers now and focus on coming ones. Stay tension free and just relax what we have done cannot be changed. Prayer can create a difference now.
__________________
WA-TU-IZZU MANTASHA; WATU-ZILLU MANTASHA
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
siddiquiali's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 290
Thanks: 66
Thanked 88 Times in 65 Posts
siddiquiali is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anum Zara View Post
Wa Alaikum Salaam...!

About paper of general science and ability, if paper setter has followed pattern of last year, he will give 4 notes of 5 marks each in all questions. Since we only have maximum 35 minutes for each question and mathematical questions takes usually more time, I will advise you to keep length of your each note between 1.5-2 sides of paper. In case one writes in a turtle speed, he or she can write 1.25 sides of paper due to shortage of time in order to complete his or her paper on time. One should try to write as much as he or she can but in allotted time for each question. There are others ways to fill the sheet. I hope you have got my point.
Forget about previous 2 papers now and focus on coming ones. Stay tension free and just relax what we have done cannot be changed. Prayer can create a difference now.
What about the presentation in math portion. Do we have to show each and every step and also mention the formula etc, we are using?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Friday, February 16, 2018
Anum Zara's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: UTOPIA
Posts: 582
Thanks: 99
Thanked 330 Times in 218 Posts
Anum Zara is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddiquiali View Post
What about the presentation in math portion. Do we have to show each and every step and also mention the formula etc, we are using?
Yes, each and every step in detail including formula and theoretical explanation wherever required.
__________________
WA-TU-IZZU MANTASHA; WATU-ZILLU MANTASHA
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anum Zara For This Useful Post:
siddiquiali (Friday, February 16, 2018)
  #50  
Old Saturday, February 17, 2018
Mubashra Tariq's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Faisalabad
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mubashra Tariq is on a distinguished road
Default

Farhan wht is the dicionary name?

Sent from my SM-J510F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solved Pair of Words (1971-2014) marwatone English (Precis & Composition) 10 Wednesday, October 28, 2020 02:31 AM
Essay Tips and Tricks Compiled from JWT marwatone Essay 0 Monday, January 05, 2015 01:01 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.