Monday, October 18, 2021
10:45 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Past Papers > CSS Papers (1971-2015) > CSS 2011 Papers

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old Tuesday, March 15, 2011
rishzzz's Avatar
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 742
Thanks: 434
Thanked 752 Times in 448 Posts
rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice
Default

It was an easy paper.
Examiner asked you the most popular topics like Social change, sociologist theories',social prblem n Urbanization.....Anybody who had sociology for just 3-4 days, could have done the paper far comprehensively
__________________
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Fortune's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the hearts of my beloved and near ones.
Posts: 264
Thanks: 69
Thanked 229 Times in 159 Posts
Fortune will become famous soon enough
Default

It is by all means assimilation and not diffusion. Muse over definition of difusion
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Wednesday, March 16, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lahore
Posts: 218
Thanks: 23
Thanked 249 Times in 136 Posts
soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
It was an easy paper.
Examiner asked you the most popular topics like Social change, sociologist theories',social prblem n Urbanization.....Anybody who had sociology for just 3-4 days, could have done the paper far comprehensively
dear rishz..since you mentioned the paper is very easy ...could you please tell the answer of the first question.? yes he did ask about social change ....but further he said social change in group behaviour? what do you comprehend about the second part of the question.

Q2 Define the term "Social change" and discuss the process of social change in group behaviour.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Wednesday, March 16, 2011
rishzzz's Avatar
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 742
Thanks: 434
Thanked 752 Times in 448 Posts
rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloflyer View Post
dear rishz..since you mentioned the paper is very easy ...could you please tell the answer of the first question.? yes he did ask about social change ....but further he said social change in group behaviour? what do you comprehend about the second part of the question.

Q2 Define the term "Social change" and discuss the process of social change in group behaviour.
Well Solofyer!

The question was pretty easy and direct.

He asked in 1st part

Define Social Change???


he just asked definition of social change so what you could have done, is you may have added definition + Theories of Social Change like evolutionary cyclical, equilibrium, conflict theory and their minor details.....

Now lets come to the larger potion of the question. He asked to discuss in detail the process of social change in group Behavior or collective behavior....

he asked you to discuss the social change on collective behavior like preconditions, fashion, crowd, public opinion, rumour, mob, movements etc....

I hope things are clearer now for you or you must have recalled. If you still are unclear then i can recommend u to check out the Alex thew book which i used for my attempt last year as its 16th Chapter is on the concerned question.....

Regards
__________________
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Thursday, March 17, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lahore
Posts: 218
Thanks: 23
Thanked 249 Times in 136 Posts
soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
Well Solofyer!

The question was pretty easy and direct.

He asked in 1st part

Define Social Change???


he just asked definition of social change so what you could have done, is you may have added definition + Theories of Social Change like evolutionary cyclical, equilibrium, conflict theory and their minor details.....

Now lets come to the larger potion of the question. He asked to discuss in detail the process of social change in group Behavior or collective behavior....

he asked you to discuss the social change on collective behavior like preconditions, fashion, crowd, public opinion, rumour, mob, movements etc....

I hope things are clearer now for you or you must have recalled. If you still are unclear then i can recommend u to check out the Alex thew book which i used for my attempt last year as its 16th Chapter is on the concerned question.....

Regards

that is what i wanted to make it clear to you ...that the larger part of the question was not related to social change but group behaviour...and if you look at the sociology syllabus there is no mention about the groups and associations..and most of the past papers had no questions related to groups ...in horton and hunt there was also a chapter regarding this group behaviour...but i missed it:P...i had covered the whole social change chapter but this question was not from social change ....that is why i preferred not to attempt it...
anyways thanks for answering my query
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Thursday, March 17, 2011
rishzzz's Avatar
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lahore
Posts: 742
Thanks: 434
Thanked 752 Times in 448 Posts
rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloflyer View Post
that is what i wanted to make it clear to you ...that the larger part of the question was not related to social change but group behaviour...and if you look at the sociology syllabus there is no mention about the groups and associations..and most of the past papers had no questions related to groups ...in horton and hunt there was also a chapter regarding this group behaviour...but i missed it:P...i had covered the whole social change chapter but this question was not from social change ....that is why i preferred not to attempt it...
anyways thanks for answering my query
Well dear!!

In sociology there is always a room for examiner to ask from anywhere. Any topic can be asked from individual as well as collective aspect. Though he intermingled two things according to you but he didnt actually. In books which i had consulted as i mentioned above Social change and collective behavior is of same kind in same chapter no 16.....
Any way its quite general topic even if you had know how what is social change you could have written well arranged paragraphs on collective behavior by your mind which i hope you had written for sure....

You're more than welcome....


Regards
__________________
“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
40th CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 58
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lahore
Posts: 218
Thanks: 23
Thanked 249 Times in 136 Posts
soloflyer has a spectacular aura aboutsoloflyer has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
Well dear!!

In sociology there is always a room for examiner to ask from anywhere. Any topic can be asked from individual as well as collective aspect. Though he intermingled two things according to you but he didnt actually. In books which i had consulted as i mentioned above Social change and collective behavior is of same kind in same chapter no 16.....
Any way its quite general topic even if you had know how what is social change you could have written well arranged paragraphs on collective behavior by your mind which i hope you had written for sure....

You're more than welcome....


Regards

ya i had some general idea about the question...but i preferred not to attempt it ...i attmpted research design,marx's theory, urbanization and drug problem
...yes in hortun and hunt there is a whole separate chapter on it...anyways thanks for clearing my confusion
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8407
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 38
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
shanrafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

Discuss in detail "Urbanization as a process". what was to be included in this question, what did the examiner mean by the word "process".
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
SADIA SHAFIQ's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Heaven
Posts: 1,560
Thanks: 1,509
Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future
Default

urbanization is a phenomena process....

in which world will become one globe,,as villages will convert into cities and cities into mega cities ,such as metro poles.And this metropolises will convert into cosmopolitan will in to global cities
__________________
"Wa tu izzu man-ta shaa, wa tu zillu man-ta shaa"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Friday, March 18, 2011
Member
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8407
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 38
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
shanrafiq is on a distinguished road
Default

In the urbanization question, I defined urbanization, then i explained that urbanization is on the rise, the i explained what are the advantages of urbanization, then I also explained in detail what are the harmful effects of uncontrolled urbanization. Did i attempt the question correctly?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Sociology is...? Miss_Naqvi Sociology 2 Tuesday, March 30, 2021 10:30 AM
Sociology Notes moonsalpha Sociology 8 Thursday, May 05, 2016 01:20 AM
Study Material Perhar Sociology 5 Sunday, September 19, 2010 03:55 PM
Social Studies an overview Naseer Ahmed Chandio Sociology 1 Thursday, August 26, 2010 09:19 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.