questions in all, including Question No. 9
which is COMPULSORY.
Select at least TWO questions from each of PARTS -1 AND II.
All questions carry EQUAL
marks. Write clearly.
1. What were in your assessment the main causes for the downfall of the Muslim (Mughal) rule in India?
2. How did the state control enhanced over the East India Company’s affairs after the middle of the 18th century?
3. Muslim thinkers and writers believe that ferocity in Hindu attitude against Islam increased under British patronage in India. Comment.
4. Describe the political significance of the Simla Deputation in the Muslim struggle for homeland in India.
5. What is meant by the Aligarh Movement? Why did it succeed while most other Muslim movements in the sub-continent failed to accomplish any national gain?
6. What were the determinants of the foreign policy of Pakistan and how far you think they were adhered to subsequently?
7. A nation ought to have certain identifying characteristics. How would you estimate them for Pakistanis?
8. What causes would you attribute to slow constitutional development in Pakistan? How did it retard national cohesion?