PAKISTAN AFFAIRS Paper 2003
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN
PBS-17, UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2003
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, PAPER-III
TIME ALLOWED : Tl IREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100 Note: Attempt any FIVE questions. All questions carry EQUAL marks. Write clearly.
1. Discuss the role and efforts of Muslim religions leaders for the establishment of Muslim Society in the Sub-Continent.
2. Discuss the ideological foundations of the "Two Nations Theory17 with reference to the contributions of Dr. Iqbal and the Quaid-i-Azam.
3. Cxamine the natute of Congress rule in the Provinces under the Government of India Act, 1935. What was its impact on the Muslim Politics? (10,05)
4. As a result of British-Hindu conspiracy on the eve of independence the State of Pakistan winch ultimately emerged in August 1947, was not so strong as visualized by the Quaid-i-Azam but only a "mutilated", ^moth-eaten* and "truncated" Pakistan. Elucidate.
5. "'Muhammad Ali Formula was practicable compromise between the two wings of Pakistan on the questions of representation/' To what extent, it was acceptable to both the wings of Pakistan?
6. To what extent the version of Francis Mudie was true that "the greatest danger* to Pakistan in 1947 was "the refugee problem in West Punjab" and how did the Policy-makers of Pakistan respond to it?
7. The so-called 'Instrument of Accession' of Bharat with Kashmir "is fraudulent and impossible to accept" as it is "based on violence". 1 the light of'the Quaid-i-Azanrs statement make a comparison and correlation of the Slate of Jammu and Kashmir with the State of Junagadh, Manavadhar, Mangrol, Sardargarh, Bantva and Hyderabad etc.
8. Write short notes on any TWO of the following: (10,10)
(a) Problems of Educational System in Pakistan
(b) Geo-Political; position of Pakistan.
(c) "Pakistan is a rich country where poor people live."