FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2012.
NOTE: (i) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(ii) Attempt Only FIVE question from Part II, selecting at least ONE question from each part. All questions carry EQUAL marks .
(iii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS & 30 MINUTES ..............MAXIMUM MARKS:100
PART – A (CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE)
2. Discuss the principles of return of plaint and rejection of plaint. What are points of distinction between the two?
3. Elaborate the law on arrest and detention under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. What are exceptions with respect to women in this regard?
4. Define and elaborate briefly the following terms:
(b) Mesne Profits
(c) Judgment debtor
PART – B (CONTRACT ACT)
5. "A contracts to pay B Rs. 10,000 if B's house is burnt". What is the nature of this contract? Is it enforceable at Law? Explain in the light of relevant law.
6. What are the consequences of breach of contract?
7. What are the distinguishing points between "coercion" and undue influence"? Give examples.
8. Explain the famous Rylands v. Fletcher case. What are the exceptions against the rule of strict liability under the law of torts? Give examples.
9. What is defamation? What are its kinds? Also distinguish between libel and slander.
10. Elaborate relationship between:
(a) Torts and contractual liability; and
(b) Torts and criminal offences.