- Micro Economics
Consumer behaviour. Determination of market demand and supply, theory of the Firm, Producer's equilibrium, Pricing of the factors of production.
- Macro Economics
Basic Economic Concepts. National Income Accounting, Consumption Function and Multiplier, Determination of equilibrium level of income and output, Inflation.
- Money and Banking
Functions of Money. Quantity Theory of Money, The Fisher and Cambridge Formulations. Systems of note issue, Credit Creation, Functions of Central Banks, Instruments of credit control, Theory of Liquidity Preference.
- Public Financing
Government expenditure. Sources of Government Revenue, Types of taxes, Incidence of different taxes, Public Debt, Objectives, methods of repayment. Deficit financing.
- International Trade
Theory of Comparative costs, Arguments for Protection, Balance of payments, International liquidity. International Money and Banking Institutions.
- Definition and measurement of Development. Characteristics of under development, Rethinking on the concept of Development Growth vs. Redistributive justice, Absolute and Relative Poverty, Basic Needs Approach.
- Planning Experience of Pakistan : A critical evaluation of the strategy of economic planning.
- Agricultural Development in Pakistan Changes in Agricultural Policies over plan periods, Major Monetary and Fiscal measures to promote Agricultural development, Green Revolution Strategy and its implications for growth and redistribution, Land Reforms and changes in the Tenure System l950-1980. Cooperative Farming.
- Industrial Development in Pakistan Early industrialisation strategy, Creation of Financial and Development Institutions, Major monetary and fiscal measures to promote industrial development. Changing role of public sector over the plan periods, Evaluation of Nationalisation Policy Concentration of industrial income and wealth.
- Role of Foreign Trade and Aid in economic development, Trends in Pakistan's Balance of Payments, Changes in direction of trade, Trends in Pakistan's major exports and imports, Causes of significant changes in the trends, the role of migration and remittances in Pakistan's economy, costs and benefits of Foreign Aid.
- Privatization, denational isation And deregulation, conceptual and operational aspects, International comparisons.