Thursday, April 25, 2024
07:13 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Muhammad Hammad Mangi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Look In The East For Progress !!! Why ???

Lets decconstruct the phrase a bit and it will be easy to explain. First thing first, this topic strictly pertains to foreign policy (FP), requiring at least a generic knowledge of FP in first place. "Look East policy" was in fact an Indian Foreign policy initiative vis-a-vis China taken in early 1990s. By looking East, Indian FP formulators intended to forge closer politico-economic relations with South East Asian nations i.e. ASEAN states in order to countepoise Chinese inflence in the region and also initiate Indian drive for a regional power to counterweight China. Since Pakistan's FP has been havily tilted towards Westard, therefore, objective of the topic was to explore the prospect of diversifying Pakista FP by establishing closer ties with Eastern or far eastern states.
2nd half of the topic asked for "Holistic progress" meaning a progress that include cooperation in the fields of strategic, plitical, economic, cultural and education, not a lopsided military cooperation that we have had since inception with the West.
Old Saturday, May 09, 2015

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

1. Analogous set of problems
2. Strategically safer
3. Western hegemony creating socio-economic tensions across region
4. Cultural similarities
5. Equally powerful
6. All regions healing from British Colonization
7. Closer proximity
8. Rapid uplift in economy since last 50 years
9. Declining power of west
10. Increase in General awareness among masses
CorrectiveRedirection (Sunday, May 31, 2015), fairyrose (Saturday, May 09, 2015), imad2 (Wednesday, May 13, 2015)
Old Saturday, May 30, 2015

CorrectiveRedirection is on a distinguished road

"Look In The East For Progress"

When I look at China, I see China progressed when its relation with USA stabilized and and trade with USA grew. This opened a whole new chapter in Chinese history.

When I look at Japan, I see Japan becoming friends with USA after getting nuked by USA. Now Japan is 3rd biggest economy, and USA is responsible for Japan's defense.

When I look at South Korea, I see its main reason for progress is that, it went into USA's camp, unlike its unfortunate neighbor North Korea.

When I look at a hopeless case like India, I see its secret to economic progress has been, to provide opportunities to USA to exploit Indian people and its land, like no other, without any regards to the safety of Indian labour or environmental hazard to Indian land. Because Indians don't care about such silly things.

Considering all this, when I look at the east for progress, they point me towards the west, specifically USA.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old Saturday, May 30, 2015

nelblueblue is on a distinguished road

@correctiveredir.
Well done and keep it up,your analytical persuance deserves bouquet of adorbes,jewels and gem stones.
This east is located within the door step of your heart.I mean didn't you heard ,what Allah is saying.I am most proximal to your heart.And for Allah the best thing in the universe is OUR HOLY PROPHET (saw)An apostel ,Rah at ul Ala keen,the most perfect embodiment and eternally living Super perfect human and his Islam.
Which arose from middle east and revolutionized the world within no time.
Its equity ,Justice,accountability,Fear of God,respect of humanity,Representative of poor,a resort for compaction,a bondage of love and considering every living entity as a respectable creature of universe.It is east ,which provides you paradigm of holistic progress.
Old Sunday, May 31, 2015

CorrectiveRedirection is on a distinguished road

I am talking about progress in economic and political terms of eastern/far eastern nations, like China, Japan, Korea, and India, in these last 100 years. Which I believe are often presented as alternate role-models for development as oppose to the western one.

I find it ironic, how this rise of alternate eastern model of progress has been possible due to the contribution of the west.

As far as religious development of these mentioned eastern nations go, they are either secular or have roots in pagan mushreeq traditions.

But I understand your point. Asia is a diverse continent, and I did not take whole of Asia into consideration, and only focused on economic and political progress, neglecting the holistic aspect of the argument, in terms of geography and spirituality.