Friday, April 19, 2024
11:39 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

View Poll Results: What are main hurdles in Pakistan's Growth?
Corrupt Leaders 26 38.81%
Terrorism 5 7.46%
Poor and prolong judicial system 0 0%
Lack of accountability 17 25.37%
Corrupt Bureaucracy 8 11.94%
Unfair priorities of Government 7 10.45%
Biased Police System 0 0%
Foreign infiltration 0 0%
Other (please mention) 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, October 05, 2015

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehria View Post
koi toh mghe b reply kr day

I don't know about the exact figure of illiteracy but I know literacy rate is not the hurdle in progress. Enlightened and educated masses are engine for progressive growth not literate masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrani Abid View Post
Who will make the accountability? Who selects the chiefs of accountability bureaus/anti corruption departments?

Politicians/President

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Tuesday, October 06, 2015 at 09:28 AM.

Durrani Abid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I don't know about the exact figure of illiteracy but I know literacy rate is not the hurdle in progress. Enlightened and educated masses are engine for progressive growth not literate masses
Growth of what????

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrani Abid View Post
Growth of what????

Country

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

A society is like a giant computer. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Growth can be in many forms, Economic, Political, Social/Cultural. Many sub-issues can be mentioned but I will just mention the larger strategic hurdles:

Economic: Low Productive Exports, Low Foreign Direct Investments, Corruption.
Political: Terrorism & Extremism, Lack of Proper Democracy & Governance, Threats from Outside, Theocratic Constitution & Laws.
Social/Cultural: Miserable Education System & Literacy, Conservativeness, Lack of Interaction with Developed World.

If the above problems are sorted, every other thing will get fixed by itself as many things are interrelated.

Quote:
You are very very right about the difference between illiteracy and ignorance. However if you look at all the recently developed countries or even older ones, all of them have literacy rates of 80% and above and I mean proper literacy rates not the standard we have here. So correlation is not necessarily meaning causation but its a crude measure, if your populace is educated/literate, they can read and write and improve themselves automatically with connection to a globalised world.

Quote:
Politicians/President
This is a structural problem, I am in favour of those US style senate hearing committees where anyone can be called and held accountable publicly in front of well-reputed senators/professionals.

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Tuesday, October 06, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
faisal4pro (Tuesday, October 06, 2015), LovelyMano (Monday, November 09, 2015), Monk (Monday, October 05, 2015)
Banned

Adamant is on a distinguished road

There is only one problem I-e moral corruption that encompasses ,covers all problems .......
Old Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Prince Irfan Ali is on a distinguished road

if we see current situation the country . Terrorism is the biggest hurdle in Pakistan's growth. it is main obstacle behind holding the foreign investment in the country .if look the past area of musharaf how our economy was growing but sudenly due to the terrorist the countries economic growths decreased. Pakistan faced many challenges like due to terrorism we lost the big leaders like Mohtrama Banazr Bhutto, our future leaders were targeted .Army public school besides that economically government faced deficit in budge due to big investment in law and order agency to control the terrorism. Now you can analysis the current scenario of country , after improving the law and order situation in country revived the economic growth and attracted the foreign investment.
LovelyMano (Monday, November 09, 2015)

faisal4pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehria View Post
koi toh mghe b reply kr day
Your are right! overall literacy rate lies below 65% but certainly that is not a factor in which we have got below par points as compared to India.

So, what i meant was that, Education may be a factor for underdevelopment but EDUCATION IS NOT ONLY REASON FOR DEVELOPMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
A society is like a giant computer. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Growth can be in many forms, Economic, Political, Social/Cultural. Many sub-issues can be mentioned but I will just mention the larger strategic hurdles:

Economic: Low Productive Exports, Low Foreign Direct Investments, Corruption.
Political: Terrorism & Extremism, Lack of Proper Democracy & Governance, Threats from Outside, Theocratic Constitution & Laws.
Social/Cultural: Miserable Education System & Literacy, Conservativeness, Lack of Interaction with Developed World.

If the above problems are sorted, every other thing will get fixed by itself as many things are interrelated.
Very well said!

All these problems cannot be solved simultaneously. Or i say, these problems are inter-related and can only be demolished after sweeping the roots. And the roots.... we are here to vote for the main root here. I think lack of accountability is the root cause of every other anomaly you have mentioned here!

If we start the accountability process, there would be no corrupt leader and his/her right hand (bureaucracy).

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Thursday, October 08, 2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: merge chain posts

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal4pro View Post
Very well said!

All these problems cannot be solved simultaneously. Or i say, these problems are inter-related and can only be demolished after sweeping the roots. And the roots.... we are here to vote for the main root here. I think lack of accountability is the root cause of every other anomaly you have mentioned here!

If we start the accountability process, there would be no corrupt leader and his/her right hand (bureaucracy).
Most of the society is corrupt in one way or another, it will evolve into a better society after a lot of pains. However, one good thing I have noticed is that politics in our country has become about development and delivery for the people, the politicians are in a competition to win votes and ultimately it will be the common people who will benefit from this. A good example is in KP where MMA and ANP were sent home and if PTI does not deliver then they will be sent home as well. The current struggle between PTI and PMLN is also helping the people indirectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:

faisal4pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
Most of the society is corrupt in one way or another, it will evolve into a better society after a lot of pains. However, one good thing I have noticed is that politics in our country has become about development and delivery for the people, the politicians are in a competition to win votes and ultimately it will be the common people who will benefit from this. A good example is in KP where MMA and ANP were sent home and if PTI does not deliver then they will be sent home as well. The current struggle between PTI and PMLN is also helping the people indirectly.
Majority of people here (whether literate or illiterate) are ignorant and are inspired by Construction of Roads, Metros, New Airports etc. I don't think that investing on such project is going to help in country's growth in any sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to faisal4pro For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, October 07, 2015

shonNa is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Durrani Abid;868978]Who will make the accountability? Who selects the chiefs of accountability bureaus/anti corruption departments?

First and foremost need is self accountibily….AGR her banda apne app ko theek krle to Sara nizaam theek ho jae ga.....after all we are Muslims and soon accountable to Allah verily....

Apne app ko pass pushy dal ker...
Her shaksh keh RHA h zamaana khraab h...

Or Jo b buraeya h mashre me use jaarr se dhoond kr Khan mRNA pare ga... Remember shoot will grow again and again..... One must remove the bone of contention so one should be self evaluating and ccountable for his/her actions.

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Thursday, October 08, 2015 at 08:52 AM. Reason: merge chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to shonNa For This Useful Post:

Tags
corruption, growth, pakistan