Friday, April 26, 2024
12:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, July 21, 2016

syedarsalan is on a distinguished road
Default The killing of Qandeel Baloch is the failure of the state

The killing of Qandeel Baloch is yet another heartrending story of how our state fails time and again to curb the menace of honor killing. The state could have done either of the two things preemptively: provide her with protection or stop her from doing what could lead to her death. The former would have been the best thing to do as it would not only safeguard her right to life but also her right to freedom of action. Alternatively, if providing QB with the much needed protection was so difficult, stopping her from doing what she was doing would have been judiciously the next best option. Because in the kind of society we live in, “such actions” are destined to lead to inevitably fatal results. Here freedom of such actions without protection is tantamount to freedom at the cost of life. Given that the society cannot be transformed in the blink of an eye, stopping her would have been a good bargain than providing her with all the freedom without protection.

But as the brother of the victim has been caught, our state must not fail once again, here, by traditionally allowing the father of the criminal to come into the court as a plaintiff and forgive his son. A precedent must be set to establish the writ of the state and to give an outright message to the ignorant of the society. Our state authorities and religious scholars must also put their heads together and take serious measures to educate the society, as the long term solution to avoid such heinous crimes lies only in educating the masses.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to syedarsalan For This Useful Post:
hadia hassan (Sunday, October 16, 2016), Khola Bokhari (Friday, July 22, 2016)
Old Friday, July 22, 2016

Yousuf Shah Khagga is on a distinguished road

Dear first of all QB assassination was not completely a honor killing.
Many factors involved in her murder.
As his brother claimed he murdered on his own will due to his action on social media.
It is the media which can be blamed as her murderer. According to constitution we are free citizens but we are living in Islamic Republic country.
I heatedly condemn the murder of QB due to two reasons
1- She was free in his action and deeds.
2- She was Muslim and her cruel murder not the solution of his problem.

The responsibility of state is to protect each and every citizen. But it is not possible to give security every person.

Salman Taseer ( Former Governor Of Punjab ) was fully protected by the state security personnel but he was killed by his own guard.

In both cases the situation is different.

The main thing is to change the mind and education is the vital component of this change.

By constitution and also by Islam we are free in deeds and action , we have freedom of thought , expression and expressing but in positive manners. When we use these freedom in negative manners the results shown like this.
Old Wednesday, July 27, 2016

daylahore is on a distinguished road

Strongly disagree
it was personal issue...
state is sate and its final
The Following User Says Thank You to daylahore For This Useful Post:
sincere khan (Wednesday, July 27, 2016)
Old Friday, July 29, 2016
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousuf Shah Khagga View Post

The main thing is to change the mind and education is the vital component of this change.

By constitution and also by Islam we are free in deeds and action , we have freedom of thought , expression and expressing but in positive manners. When we use these freedom in negative manners the results shown like this.
God! You really don't get the "Freedom" part in "Freedom of Expression and Action"
This is akin to saying " Yahan bolnay ki azaadi to hai par bolnay kay baad Azaadi nahi hai"

Imagine if your boss says that you can say whatever you want and you can criticize and praise my actions as you like and then he gets mad at you for criticizing him and says, " I gave you that right to use in positive manner"

I didn't appreciate her or even like her but I would rather be offended than make it easier to deny speech rights.As an adult, you have the ability to walk away from any experience that offends you.
Old Friday, July 29, 2016

Hazrat Hayat is on a distinguished road

Freedom of speech and freedom of expression has always been misused by some people in this part of the world. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say whatever comes to your head that can affect other's emotions and feelings. I don't wanna say that QB murder was justified in any way. No one has the right to kill anyone. I am just talking about freedom of speech and its misuse here in our own country. The most important factor in such kinds of incidents, in my opinion, is that we don't want to be fully Islamist and we don't want to to be secular either. We are somehow like a pendulum between these two poles. In the former case such kinds of chances are very rare and in the latter no one cares what the other is doing, whoever the person is. I don't think the present policies could change the situations. We have to be more educated than we are otherwise more QBs will be read in the pages of history.