Friday, April 19, 2024
08:44 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, November 18, 2016

De Despot is on a distinguished road
Question Allama Iqbal and Creation of Pakistan

Reading about history of Pakistan particularly political history at the eve of the independence, we have much of stuff regarding practical contribution of many of our leaders and founding fathers. However I was wondering about the contributions of Iqbal. Except his motivational speech in 1930 can anyone really make me known about what did he do to the freedom of Pakistanis? I have not reached to any detailed record of contributions of founding fathers of Pakistan. I am moving slowly slowly, meanwhile this simple question arose in my mind to ask you guys. You can extend this topic to what you assume beneficial and worth-analysis lines.
Many Thanks.

infinite optimism is on a distinguished road

He was the first one to propose the idea of two nation theory in his Allahabad's speech in 1930.The idea was given a verbal form.

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite optimism View Post
He.... ....given a verbal form.
Making such words living in and as minority was a brave thing he did. He indubitably provided the solid reason to Muslim Political movement. However, I personally believe that the Independence was inevitable.
My question, i repeat, was to know about his other contribution in political arena apart from that motivational speech alone. (i am not asking it critically, but generally).

infinite optimism is on a distinguished road

He was elected as a member of Punjab's legislative assembly in 1926.He also helped Quaid e Azam in 1937 election,which Muslim league lost emphatically .He attended round table conference in London to protect the interests of Indian Muslims.In short, he did contribute to creation of Pakistan both through his writing and political work.
Old Saturday, November 19, 2016

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite optimism View Post
He was elected as a member of Punjab's legislative assembly in 1926.He also helped Quaid e Azam in 1937 election,which Muslim league lost emphatically .He attended round table conference in London to protect the interests of Indian Muslims. In short, he did contribute to creation of Pakistan both through his writing and political work.
Iqbal is raised second to Quaid. If these are the sole activities falling in his part then this contribution doesn't really worth what Iqbal is given in response and he must have major contributions in literature and written form worth the prominence he has been given.